What's new

ACT [Studio P] 神月の巫女と試練の洞窟体験版/Maiden Kazuki and the Cave of Trials (RJ255879)

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

神月の巫女と試練の洞窟体験版
Maiden Kazuki and the Cave of Trials

Description
:
By the creator of Devil of Heaven, Cave of Trials is a simple, easy and short side-scrolling action game with light platforming, with greater focus on the hentai content than the previous games (And that's saying something). All in all the gameplay is almost an after-thought, and serves to give some light context to the H-content more than anything else. Think of it more as an interactive gallery

You control Serena, proceeding between each screen you fight individual or small groups of enemies at a time, almost like a beat-em-up. You can perform combos with the sword, air-dash etc - As far as the demo goes it's really easy to beat, by doing the upwards attack you can stunlock the two enemies it contains.
Holding Down blocks, simply preventing enemy attacks from hitting you.
You can find a seal which allows you to shoot a projectile with X, this will destroy vertical barriers.
You can also collect stars, which you can presumably use for upgrades in the V menu, but I don't know what any of them do so far.

It has a similar H-mechanic to Devil of Heaven, where if you're hit with an attack you go into "Pinch" mode - if the enemy lands another attack before it cools down, you lose. Each enemy has a multi-stage pixel-animation and animated CGs which play simultaneously, some of which are followed by a fully-animated GOR scene.

There are two enemies in the demo, and 10 more in the full version.

Controls:
Left/Right - Move
Down - Guard
Z - Sword (with Up arrow to attack... upwards)
X - Shoot/Confirm
C - Jump/Cancel
A - Dash
V - Menu
Up+C - Skip text/cutscene

Content:
Female Protagonist
Tentacles
Monsters
Monster-men
Soft-vore
Game-over Rape

Links:
(JP)
(JP)

Released:
June 29 2019

Download:
(DLSite JP)
Full version on

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ooh, this dev is putting out another game? Neat, I really liked their previous works. Though they tend to have their games rather short. And with a mechanic of losing if you get hit two times quickly, I'm worried that it's gonna be a short game. Though I guess a saving grace hope is that since it costs more than their previous ACT game, which I thought was decently long and also had additional content later. I guess I'm glad that we only have to wait a couple more weeks for this one.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Description says 12 enemies with multiple h animations in the full version

facefull123

Demon Girl
Reputation score
And with a mechanic of losing if you get hit two times quickly, I'm worried that it's gonna be a short game. I guess I'm glad that we only have to wait a couple more weeks for this one.
u can escape, spacebar and up arrow i think. mash them and u can break out. otherwise its solid for sure

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
u can escape, spacebar and up arrow i think. mash them and u can break out. otherwise its solid for sure
Are you absolutely sure? Cause I just tried mashing those buttons, but nothing happened. The only thing I was able to do was either wait for the animation to end, or press up and the jump button, which reset you back to the last checkpoint. Also I should mention that unless you set it to something, spacebar doesn't have a function in this game.

Spewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In the menu there's a bunch of options you can toggle on and off with stars, the bottom option seems to unlock an 'escape using the sword key'. There's no struggling tho, it just a one press escape.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In other words the same mechanic I personally disliked from the first one, mid game animations that serve no gameplay function. You either sit and watch or you immediately escape with no consequence. A real shame because it has a lot of really smooth and well done animations. I just want it to be more than a gallery viewer is all

Spewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah agreed, its a bit disappointing. If you're going to make a game like this, at least make sure that the game part and the H bits are actually connected in a meaningful way. Otherwise just skip the whole chore of going through a low budget platformer and just present us with an unlocked gallery from the start.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The quality of the art and animation has definitely gone up at least, so I'm really looking forward to that. It's a shame the gameplay's gotten even simpler. Does anyone have a translation of the options menu? Some of the options actually seem harmful, because I went from dealing 50 damage per swing to 10.

Also, the game seems a bit buggy. There's an exploit to get infinite stars, which you use to enable the options in the options menu. Turn on an option, then try to turn on another option that's already off. If you don't have enough stars it thinks you're trying to turn off the first option and refunds you a star without doing anything. Repeat until you have all the options you want turned on. Besides that, in the 2nd fight with the 2 grey worms they sometimes grabbed me instantly without hitting my character into the Pinch! status first. If that glitch is in the main game it'll be a real headache to complete without the instant break free option.

Spewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think its one of the menu options that just lets you get instant grabbed if you walk into an enemy, without going into Pinch! first.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
The DLsite page has now changed the release date to 29th June, so in two days, or for most of us when it comes to these releases, the 28th.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
>sees tags
Sounds like something right up my alley...
>preview images seem to imply unbirth/rebirth with mermaid enemy
You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

Edit: Played through it, the scene in question was ok, the game overall was underwhelming.

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ah, for me I'd say the scenes were worth waiting this month. I loved the scenes, though I'll agree with some past comments and say that the combat was rather bare. It was way too easy unless you give yourself handicaps in the menu. I only noticed two that hindered your character. One that gave instant loss to enemy attacks, and one that seems to lower your attack power to only 10%. I don't really know what the others did, as I didn't see any differences. I think one gave you more attack power to your finishing combo attack. And since the combat was so boring, the last battle was really anti-climatic. Even the scenes seemed a bit too laid back for a last boss. And there wasn't a GO movie for it either, surprisingly.
I kind of thought that the two succubus bosses would combine or something for a bigger succubus boss and then we would get a 4th extended scene. Maybe with a tail vore scene and perhaps some more corruption like with the floor plant enemy? Don't know why I'm asking that, it's not like the creator is reading this thread... Oh well.
They were good, mind you, but still. I hope that in the future, the dev will throw in some more content like they did with their last game. Maybe a more climatic boss too? Despite the combat, though, I really hope the game does well enough to warrant an update. Rather than wait another year for a future game announcement (which would still be cool). Guess if the last game is anything to go by, we might see an update for this game in about 6 months or so.

YooEllEmmEffu

Lurker
Reputation score
Not sure if I can/want to speedrun this, anyone got a save for this game? (Just bought it on the sole basis it's on sale on DLSite and also I bought Devil of Heaven and didn't regret it)

edit: seems like the animations are more fluid compared to the trial version. is it just me?

edit 2: That's it? Literally beat the game in under an hour... holy... It at least took me a few on Devil of Heaven. I certainly hope there's more to this game...

Last edited:

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
:unsure: gotta say,
The Quality of the animation is better than their old work.
A bit too short, feels like an unfinished/beta game at most.
Was expecting a cinematic on the succ-cubus.

I guess its only viable for Plant girl and first mob.
[I wonder if they intend to update more, because it really feel's lacking and have no idea what the star's were for XD.]

netherus666

Reputation score
:unsure: gotta say,
The Quality of the animation is better than their old work.
A bit too short, feels like an unfinished/beta game at most.
Was expecting a cinematic on the succ-cubus.

I guess its only viable for Plant girl and first mob.
[I wonder if they intend to update more, because it really feel's lacking and have no idea what the star's were for XD.]
knowing what this dev did with their last game i imagine there will be updates to come

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So from what google translate said, they wanted to let us know about their progress more frequently than before, so they made a ci-en account.

I don't think they have any benefits at the moment for monthly plans, but I suppose if you follow them, you can at least see what they're up to. They also have a few posts there now, but two are about the release of the game, and the other two are about troubleshooting if you're having issues playing the game.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Wait, that's it? After getting all power-up, then going back, gallery is unlocked?