What's new

[SweetRaspberry] SUCCUBUS DREAMER (RJ206962)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: SUCCUBUS DREAMER (RJ206962) - new BF game

Alright, here's a 100% file. (or at least I think I've done everything there is to do.)
The two terminals to the left are enemy refights and CG cutscenes and the five peeps on the bed are to replay chapters of the game.

Mermaid. Dead end on the beach left of the dragon cave. Potentially harder than the final boss.
Yup. 63k health. Final boss merely got 17k.
She does a bit less damage though, bit it's still a grind to beat her.

Attachments

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks for the save, game bugged out on me at the end.
After the Foot Licking Boss, the game just stands still, nothing happens anymore, cant move and shit.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ayxect, that's a name I have not heard in a long time... wonder if that Succubus Quest 2 translation will ever continue.
Not by me, though maybe I could help someone with good Japanese (and qualified as an English sex scene writer). I'm unsatisfied with my SQ2 work so far, and think I've made poor choices here and there, in the little I've done. I'm just not good enough for the job. Anyway, few people seem to care about SQ at all, so... I'll just do what I can (not much, probably) for Rhapsodia when I have the time...

it's pronounced the same way as Issac :rolleyes: and has the same meaning and origin...
Oh, I totally missed that...

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend Succubus Dreamer to anyone without a very strong breast fetish, and high tolerance towards shotacon. The gameplay is as poor as it comes, the BF system is almost inexistant (even considering it's 100% femdom-on shota), the MC is way too young to my liking (to the point I can't even imagine he's older - as opposed to excessm's work, somehow), the CGs look like someone just 3x zoomed the breasts part on some average-ish artwork (leading to Joker's previous remarks)... Overall, very little fun, even less humor, and not a shred of cuteness (comparing to FOBS makes all that painfully obvious).
Really not for me - I disgust-quitted the 1st time the MC got pissed on. Another try and 30mn later I just deleted the thing... A big no, at least for my preferences.
Well, I bothered posting this annoying review because:

Just wait and save your coin for for Lust Grimm (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=30906), coming very soon. The gameplay will certainly be much more solid, the story more intricate, and the artwork much better (though, oppai-centric... Again -_-), and it will probably be a much better title in the exact same genre.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Not by me, though maybe I could help someone with good Japanese (and qualified as an English sex scene writer). I'm unsatisfied with my SQ2 work so far, and think I've made poor choices here and there, in the little I've done. I'm just not good enough for the job. Anyway, few people seem to care about SQ at all, so... I'll just do what I can (not much, probably) for Rhapsodia when I have the time...
A shame, but I understand. I always liked your work on SQ1 and SQ2! (Even if I somehow managed to break both games and haven't been able to get the translations to work since).

They kind of put a high bar for other BF games and, I think I agree with you on this one. It just seems too... meh. The artwork is alright, but the anatomy just isn't right, and it just doesn't seem as satisfying as SQ1/SQ2 or SR. Lust Grimm does look pretty good though, so holdin' out hope there.

Anedepami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright, to be honest, the prequel, Succubus Frontier ended up being a better experience than this game, which is kind of disappointing since I was kind of expecting something great as I really liked Frontier.

I'll start off with what was done right. The art style has always been fine for me since Frontier. The creator certainly has improved on his art over the years. Well, the CGs aren't the best with the inconsistencies (was jokingly acknowledged on his twitter as well), but as long as the scenario fits my tastes, that's okay.

Overall game design is subpar but that doesn't really matter. Whether the MC is drawn or is just a transparent character is kind of irrelevant for me as well. The first map of the 5th level is a good example of how NOT to design a map, however.

Game over scenes are generally shorter than they are from Frontier, which is kind of a disappointment.

The biggest drawback, in my opinion, is the lack of depth in narration compared to the first game. In Frontier, each enemy had a unique description to each of their attacks, followed by a line of dialogue. Here, there's this pattern that goes like Paizuri/Paizuri harder/Paizuri even harder for about 75% of the enemies. I might have missed something from breezing through the game too fast, but even Frontier had more variations like bondage attacks which stun for 1-2 turns. Game also seems to kind of force the player to go through urination scenes due to the side effect of one of Riku's attacks, which might turn some people off. In Frontier, it was exclusive to game over scenes only.

Lastly, despite being a sequel, it seems the creator forgot to cover the giantess fetish, which Frontier had 2 scenes of. Haven't seen all the game over scenes in this game in detail yet, but aside from the extended ones where the bosses keep Riku as a pet, there is certainly a lack of effort put in terms of the scenario; I'm most fond of nursing handjob, but even the ones in this game pale in comparison to the ones presented in Frontier. Perhaps, the creator didn't know what worked well for Frontier and spent too much time on the art side in general.

ɹǝʞoſ

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just wait and save your coin for for Lust Grimm (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=30906), coming very soon. The gameplay will certainly be much more solid, the story more intricate, and the artwork much better (though, oppai-centric... Again -_-), and it will probably be a much better title in the exact same genre.
Planned to potentially be delayed AGAIN to October sadly :(

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Planned to potentially be delayed AGAIN to October sadly :(
That's not sad. Quality takes time. DREAMER was obviously rushed, Anedepami among others, pointed out some of the consequences.
I'd rather see devs take their time to come up with a polished, 99% finished product... Or leave the game mod-friendly like Dreamania did.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm just glad the genre has become as popular as it's become. Now I have quite a few not-so-great games to tide me over while I wait for the quality ones.

OP
colasCageNi

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This game is like a snack for in between times. The real meal is going to be Lust Grimm. Can't wait for that one.

SuperStripFight13

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I may be the only one....but i can not get the game to even load?

FAILED TO LOAD IMAGE ERROR?

i have jap language pack and it still doesnt do it? i have a few of the rpgmaker rtp packs extracted and installed too. can some one shed some light?

sorry for newb issues.

JustAQuinn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I too feel the gameplay issues others do, however I have a completely opposite opinion on fetishes. I have concerns Lust Grimm is just going to be completely vanilla stuff and extremely same-y compared to this game. I mean the most abnormal thing here for the genre is listing ぱふぱふ as a tag. I don't mind the urination, the shota, and the focus on femdom and the variety of the scenes were huge plusses for me. I kinda enjoyed the plot, especially Dream 3 with the hidden door puzzles. I'm weird, though, and I jump for joy when others get all pouty when FOBS has another vore monster. In fact, I was saddened that a giantess enemy was cut, that was probably one of the only game overs I liked from Succubus Frontier.

ɹǝʞoſ

Sex Demon
Reputation score

He just updated his blog announcing an . It will contain a new dream world with several girls in it and there's also gonna be an additional H-scene for Testarossa (the blonde boss). The release date of the update is unknown.

shadowstep

Reputation score

Does anyone know what the engine for this game is? I want to see if I can find a way to hook the text so I can read it, and even just the engine name can help. I have a couple games that run in that engine that I can't read so any help or H-codes would be appreciated.

procrastinator brad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know what the engine for this game is? I want to see if I can find a way to hook the text so I can read it, and even just the engine name can help. I have a couple games that run in that engine that I can't read so any help or H-codes would be appreciated.
the engine is mv i believe. you need This program in order to translate and hook the game

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

RPGMaker MV there's a topic about hooking it in the translations section including a tool to do so... Thanks Libellule!

Reputation score
i cannot find the piano door on 3-2 for the life of me. what exactly am i supposed to do?

Troy168

Reputation score
i cannot find the piano door on 3-2 for the life of me. what exactly am i supposed to do?
Have you check the clock at the center of the room?

Also, it's a damn shame that you couldn't keep the dragon as a pet.

Sevaur

Reputation score
Did this ever get the update that was being worked on?

Status
Not open for further replies.