Reputation score

a popular game maker XD
now lacks only the download of whom XD?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: スパイダーガーデン RJ141866

OMG so :mad: I saw it was released, jumped to dlsite to buy, didn't notice capslock was on, had to enter secret password for my card to work. and enter key on my 21 year old keyboard got stuck. so now my card is locked by it's security. so I has to wait until tomorrow if I get time to goto the bank to get it unlocked. or I'd be playing this game right now. while a mega would be up in the background.... :(

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, I kinda want to try this always enjoy their games....but I hate that they went over to Wolf. Maybe it gives them more freedom in game making?

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's 3 bucks, just buy it. I for one won't share mine unless it gets at least a thousand sales. They've been working on this game for a long time and 30k for their work is practically nothing.

OP
Sangoku25

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's 3 bucks, just buy it. I for one won't share mine unless it gets at least a thousand sales. They've been working on this game for a long time and 30k for their work is practically nothing.
have an art law but.

if you do not do it tuts just who else or we just wait XD

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

How many of you realize that dlshite takes about half of the sale price and keeps it for themselves? I think the people who are selling the game make about 1 dollar from that price point per sale. I remembered seeing a pricing guide somewhere about how much was added onto the price per unit that the seller wanted by dlsite to determine the price charged, but I cannot remember where I saw it.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How many of you realize that dlshite takes about half of the sale price and keeps it for themselves? I think the people who are selling the game make about 1 dollar from that price point per sale. I remembered seeing a pricing guide somewhere about how much was added onto the price per unit that the seller wanted by dlsite to determine the price charged, but I cannot remember where I saw it.
To be fair, part of the price we see as foreigners are the added premium for their foreign-author support,
which deals with payments to foreign countries and is supposed to help you with adapting your game listings to japanese.

And at the end of the day, dlsite's service is not bad.
Their testing routine adds a delay for new releases, but it does mean that it's extremely rare that you get a game that doesn't work as advertised.
Also, I guess, not getting in trouble with japan law is always useful - websites are no good when shut down.

It's not like they have a monopoly - there are other download sites with similar business models and R18 content. They are just damn good at what they do:
- Their downloads are hosted by akamai, which means you get as-fast-as-your-line-can-go downloads for almost everything (except stuff nobody downloaded in a while). Not bad for obscure japanese things.
- You get infinite redownloads, mostly without DRM. That's better than most digital online stores these days.
- Their store website has excellent tagging/searching, a usable rating/comment system, and fairly decent "similar to things in your cart/account" recommendations.

I quite like dlsite, from a customer perspective. I totally understand creators that don't want to pay the premium and do their own thing.
But if I have the choice to pay a bit more and get via dlsite, I'll seriously consider it. I know they'll get it right.
My favorite facepalm moment was a manual-paypal creator who sent updates via email with everyone's paypal address on CC - a little silly for privacy...

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Dlsite takes 15% from the total sales. Saying that they take half is wild exaggeration, but at least your heart is in the right place.

Last edited:

ac124

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The percent dlsite takes depends on the price of the game. At 100-300yen it is basically 50%.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dlsite takes 15% from the total sales. Saying that they take half is wild exaggeration, but at least your heart is in the right place.
What is your figure based on?

Judging from the average price for say 1500 yen, they're taking a third of it.

People selling on english site gets an even bigger hit

Last edited:
OP
Sangoku25

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

deadmetle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone know how to get the endings yet?

Demonheart

Demon Girl
Reputation score

YOUCH! Those prices are pretty damn painful. DLSite takes quite a major chunk of money from devs. :eek:

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

YOUCH! Those prices are pretty damn painful. DLSite takes quite a major chunk of money from devs. :eek:

and yet still more goes directly to the developer as compared to traditional publishing where (if the devs are lucky) they might get 30%.

Thats why i always have to cringe when people scream "LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY THEY TAKE!!!11" when they take less then any classic form.

Of course you always could sell and market it yourself, but the shear amount of users your game is exposed to when its just on the frontpage/mailing list for a day, is nothing to sneeze at.

There are some h devs that could drop from dlsite, like KooooN who have gained massive popularity and could distribute it them self, because they have a large enough user base.

BlueBurn

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

People do not understand how much work publishers do. If it was so easy that it wasn't worth it, devs wouldn't use publishers.

Have any of your worked in a Quality Assurance job, particularly in the video game industry? Well I have and it really showed me how much goes on besides the devs writing code. I worked at a publisher. The team I was on had like 30 people dedicated to testing the software. We worked full time for months on one game. Then you have marketing and all the other stuff the publisher does to make sure the game sells. Of course, QA is often the least of the cost because it's often outsourced, and the dev can do it themselves too. But by working I got to see how much other stuff goes on at the publisher's office.

DLsite takes less because they do less but they still do a lot of work for the dev.

Publishing is a big job and devs don't have the resources for it.

oouser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Would anyone please share a recipe on how to catch/translate text in this game and avoid text repetition?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP does not meet standard for old OPs. Thread locked. PM a mod with an update to the OP to get this thread unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.