What's new

Superhero PbP v2a

AshPrince

Lurker
Reputation score
So I still think I'd be neat to have a DG-style Superhero PbP Role Playing Game.
But!
This time I've decided to just steal from Mutants & Masterminds +Dark Gate rather than try and do work. So; I ask if you're interested?
This is what the character sheet will look like More or less.
Name:
Alias:
Gender: This might not make it in if it’s decided that all men are evil.

Strength: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Constitution: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Dexterity: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Intelligence: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Wisdom: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Charisma: (Base 10 +1:1Power Point)
Ability Modifier= (Score-10)/2 Rounded Up

Hit Points (HP): (Constitution x2 + 1:1Power Point)
Pleasure to Orgasm (PP): (Wisdom x2 +1:1Power Point)
Speed: (Dexterity x2 +1:1Power Point)
Dodge: (Dexterity x2 +1:1Power Point)
Fortitude: (Constitution x2 +1:1Power Point)
Will: (Wisdom x2 +1:1Power Point)
Armor: (From Items)
Perception: (Base 10 + Wisdom Mod)
Stealth: (Base 10 + Dexterity Mod)
Grapple: (Strength x2 +1:1Power Point)

-------------------
Power Points: (75 Starting)
Melee Attack Bonus: (Base 0 +1:1Power Point) (Damage: Weapon + Strength Mod)
Ranged Attack Bonus: (Base 0 +1:1Power Point) (Damage: Weapon + Dex Mod)
Power Attack Bonus: (Base 0 +1:1Power Point) (Damage: Power + Intelligence or Charisma Mod)
Foreplay: (2d4 + Charisma Mod)
Penetration: (2d8 + Charisma Mod)

Feats: (Attractive, Ambidexterity, All-out Attack, Evasive, etc.) They’ll be listed out as I copy down the ones I like from Dark Gate &/or Mutants & Masterminds. They may or may not have Ranks depending on the Feat.

Powers:
Additional Limbs: Rank 5
You have one or more additional limbs, such as arms, legs, tentacles, or a prehensile tail. You have one extra limb at rank 1. Each additional rank moves the number of extra limbs one step up the (Rank2:2 Limbs Rank 3:5 Limbs Rank 4:10 Limbs). Additional Limbs do not allow you to take extra actions in a round, although they do provide the benefits of the Improved Grapple feat and may make you more resistant to trip attacks. All limbs except your dominant limb are considered your “off-hand.” If you have the ambidexterity feat, you have no off-hand penalties with any of your limbs.
Snare: Rank 3
You can restrain a target with bonds of ice, glue, webbing, bands of energy, and so forth (whatever suits your descriptors).
Rapist: Rank ∞

Etc. Powers will be copied down from Mutants & Masterminds, or generated upon suggestion. Buying ranks costs variable amounts of Power Points depending on the Power. They can have Drawbacks, which will also be copied down from Mutants & Masterminds, applied to them to reduce the cost of that Rank.

Equipment: Equipment is acquired with points from the Equipment feat. Each piece of equipment has a cost in points. The character pays the item’s cost out of the points from the Equipment feat and it becomes part of the character’s regular equipment. Available Equipment will be copied down from Mutants & Masterminds. Fluff items will be free.

Description: Fluff

I also ask, if you are interested. How would I go about making a sub-forum thingy? I don't know how to do that, and I don't wanna clutter stuff up with my copying down Powers/Feats from things.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Superhero PbP v2a

Curious, but I would have nowhere the time. In way too much already.

As for the subforum, once you've garnered enough interest, send a PM to Nunu asking for the subforum. Tell him the name (or they'll use something crazy), and whether you want it in the PbP or RP section.

Cheers!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

:V

PL10!

Do we get the attractive talent for free, also, honk.

Also, Mutagen. A chargen thingy for Mutants and Masterminds. None of the homebrew DG stuff, but, well.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm sort of interested, but mildly lacking in anything resembling creative thought right now. That, and I don't know the Mutants and Masterminds system at all :p

Still, I am interested, as I do love me some superheroes. Or super-heroines.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aren't there better superhero systems than M&M?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Possible interest here. Also Rapist is rank infinity!? :V wonder how that works...... I've tried working the MNM system at a con once. Havent had any real experience though, might have to talk me through it.

OP
AshPrince

AshPrince

Lurker
Reputation score

Aren't there better superhero systems than M&M?
None that I'm aware of, though if you know of any-

Possible interest here. Also Rapist is rank infinity!? :V wonder how that works...... I've tried working the MNM system at a con once. Havent had any real experience though, might have to talk me through it.
I'm sort of interested, but mildly lacking in anything resembling creative thought right now. That, and I don't know the Mutants and Masterminds system at all :p

Still, I am interested, as I do love me some superheroes. Or super-heroines.
It's my hope/intention that the play will be more reminiscent of Dark Gate, while the character creation will be more Mutants & Masterminds. I think Dark Gate has a better format for PbP while M&M just has the data for the Feats/Powers.
:V

PL10!

Do we get the attractive talent for free, also, honk.

Also, Mutagen. A chargen thingy for Mutants and Masterminds. None of the homebrew DG stuff, but, well.

I might consider PL8, but as it stands I think 10 is too high for 'year-one' level characters, though I am considering just ignoring the 'power level caps' for the sake of simplicity and efficiently...

Also maybe start at PL5 but get something like 1/3rd a PP per thug you beat up, so you'd get around 1-2 PP per combat (rather than the 1-2 exp per critter you murder in DG) Though since I'm leaning toward not having skills; and that would take a significant chunk of the area to spend PP in out, the low PL might also be a symptom of that. And because of that the Attractive feat, and other 'skill' feats may or may not make it in just as RP feats.

Unless people want Skills?