What's new

Survive the End

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
This is just to check for interest in this kind of thing. I might continue with it, or I might not. It would depend on inspiration and other factors. If I continue with it, I'll go ahead and start making posts where you vote and all that. First, let me know what you guys think.

It started off as a regular day back toward the beginning of winter back in 2014. The city was bustling as people began heading into the holiday season. Businesses rushed to meet quotas before the days of merry and gift-giving. Stores were announcing grandiose sales to mark the beginning of the new season. A regular day for a regular winter season. Or so it seemed...

A person that the media has labelled "Girl Zero," was among the first of many to be supposedly cured of a virus strain that maliciously attacks the immune system and nervous system - which often caused the death of the infected patient. This cure was supposed to end the virus (named the ImmuNervous Virus or INV)), and it did. But it brought about something much worse.

Within a week's time, Girl Zero had been seemingly cured of INV. But was soon experiencing extreme nausea, delirium, and a very high fever. She was ill, very ill. And having had INV not too long ago, it wasn't hard for this sickness to completely kill the poor girl. She was dead a day after the onset of the symptoms. When I watched the newscast of this on the TV, it showed the paramedics wheeling the girl out on a gurney with her mother and father crying and mourning at her side. Before they even got into the back of the ambulance, Girl Zero had miraculously rose up and embraced her mother. But everyone who was watching probably saw the look on her mother's face. A look of agony and horror. A look of pain. As Girl Zero pulled away, she also pulled away a gruesome chunk out of her mother's neck. Blood had dressed Girl Zero's mouth and cheeks, staining those once white teeth. Bits of flesh and blood flung out as the girl ripped her mother's neck apart.

Everyone was horrified. Everyone. The people watching from their homes, and the people who were there personally. It was truly horrifying, but it didn't end there. Girl Zero had leapt from the gurney onto her father, tearing away at the man's neck to have another little morsel of human flesh to eat. She tore at her own parents, as if she wasn't human anymore. She wasn't alive, she wasn't human. She was dead.

But at that moment, I don't know what was more horrifying. The fact that I just watched something like this, or the fact that there were millions of people out there that were diagnosed with INV and, subsequently, cured of it with this "cure".

It's been two months since then, and the world as we knew it had gone to hell. I was lucky enough to have survived this outbreak, but parts of me wish that I was dead. There's nothing in this world anymore, if you survived you lived off of a meager existence. Constantly fearing if tomorrow would come.

R

Ryka

Re: Survive the End

This seems to be very interesting. I love the story of it. :3

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Nice writing, its nice to have a cyoa not made for ero.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sounds very good.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Does indeed sound good. Zombie CYOAs are always fun, but it depends on whether you're just using standard zombies(my preference) or wacky crazy mutated monsters as well. (like Left4Dead but not necessarily those exact ones)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Definitely seems interesting. I may chime in now and again if it gets off the ground.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Keep'em coming