What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hello all, I've lurked the forums for a long while now but finally decided to make use of my account after working on my own RPG Maker VX game.

It's called...
"Despair Labyrinth: Ransom of Elynsor".
The premise is that a kingdom has had its princess kidnapped by a prominent guild of bandits known for their involvement in the sex trade. With her life, among other things, at stake, the crown puts up a 100 million gold reward to the first adventurer who successfully brings her back safely.
This game has multiple characters (with the potential for more), and you basically start off able to select a female adventurer of several choices, each with their own ambitions and desires. Your quest is to fight your way through the Despair Labyrinth and find the Princess, and then bring her out safely. Basically, it's Game Over Rape with a lot of forced sex and eventual bondage, group, etc. I'm still actually working on the story, so what you see here is ... more or less thrown together for the purpose of testing an H-game.

Keep in mind this is a relatively early form of the game; having pretty much little to no experience with RPGVX, I've only put a little bit of time into it thus far but will continue to work on it.

Again, if you do not have RPG Maker VX, you can at least download the RTP, or run-time package which should allow you to play the game here:

What's new in 0.09 (Updated April 18, 2012):
Patch 0.09:
~Added 'speed text' function: Hold 'down' on the arrow keys to quick-skip through text; it will stop at the next available choice when used on cutscenes or H-scenes.
~Added "Load" feature: You can now load a saved game from the character menu.
~Several new areas: Guest Rooms, Division Library, Rogues' Division Officers' Lounge (with side rooms), Treasure Room (Cesca exclusive), and several hallways
~Wealth of information from books in the small library, located at the east hallway of the lounge, and books in the larger library to the far north. Consider this introductory lore for the world of Despair Labyrinth.
~Added several cutscenes:
-Unique Thyme/Irine interactions. If playing as Thyme, you will encounter Irine in the 'rest area' located north of the Syndicate Officers' Lounge. If playing as Irine, you will encounter Thyme in the Division Library.
-Unique Thyme flashback and background; automatically triggered after walking further into the Division Library
~Exclusive action / puzzle mini-game for Cesca with item reward, located in the new area after the Officers' Lounge
~Exclusive fetch quest / dating-game for Lanie with H-scene reward; located in the first Syndicate Bar.

7 new H-scenes in all...
~Added 2 'generic' H-scenes:
-Talk to the NPC at the northeast corner of the Officers' Lounge. Low Purity (< 50) required.
-Talk to the wine bottle sitting on the counter of the bar in the Barracks (old room with all the sleeping bandits). Low Purity (< 50) required.
~Added 5 character-specific H-scenes:
-Cesca, by losing to enemies in the treasure room
-Lanie, by 'winning' at the end of the quest
-Irine, by default after entering the Guest Rooms
-Thyme, by default after walking into the Division Library
-Asella, by defeating Rhiannon in their encounter cutscene while having low Purity and the Dominatrix Outfit in your inventory

Also fixed some combat stuff:
-Updated Charming Wink to affect two random enemies instead of all of them
-Deadly Venom now counts as a Physical Attack.
-Concentrate now doubles Spirit for the next several rounds instead of one
-Gave Pierce and Bash their proper elements (Piercing and Blow, respectively)
-Nerfed Quadra Curse to have a 75% chance to end after 3 turns--it's real nasty, even then
-Divine Barrier now has a 90% chance to end after 4 turns
-Updated the descriptions on some items and skills

DOWNLOAD-LINK:
Mediafire:
EDIT: Fuck MF right in the ass.

MEGA:

4shared:

~~~~~
Updated last patch:
-Added 'light' indicators to passages without doors and at the ends of hallways, for an easier time navigating
-'Handheld Mirror' item added, which allows you to check your Purity when used from the menu.
(To acquire it, go to the bedroom right beneath Xanrud's torture room in the east part of the Chambers, and open the small red box next to the bed)
-Gallery Mode added; can be accessed via the Title screen menu. Unfortunately, your existing saves will not work to show the scenes that you've already seen; this requires a completely new game / save file as I had to install switches within each H-scene, which need to be hit in order to unlock them in the gallery mode. Game Over H-scenes are also included without you needing to save afterwards--simply seeing a scene will unlock it in the case for these particular events.
-The Chambers have been divided into two parts, East and West, to reduce lag.
-4 new maps added
-1 new enemy type and 1 miniboss added
-3 new cutscenes (non-H) added
7 new H-scenes in all (of which have far more CG's than those from previous patches);
-4 character-specific H-scenes; Emilia, Rhiannon, Asella and Sairyn
-3 generic H-scenes
-CG OVERHAUL! These were only for the low-res images (which is most of them up to the Wolfram cutscene). I've redone the images for the starting bandit (both scenes), slime, maid, dominatrix (first scene), plant monster, vine-laced abomination, gargoyle, guard pikeman, twins (first scene), and sailors. No more ridiculous pixelation, plus some images made a bit better.
-Added another image to the first Twins scene when you tell them to cum inside.
-Added 'special' images to the first Twins scene for Rhiannon, Emilia and Asella. Emilia's occurs when you choose to finish them by hand, Asella's can be seen when you choose to have them cum inside, and Rhiannon's happens beforehand regardless of choice made. These are small attempts to further 'individualize' each girl's experiences.
-Added small conditional branches involving Gwyn to the gargoyle scene and the brawler foursome scene. Right now it's just an extra CG and a brief description; consider this a placeholder for future updates.
~~~~~

"Help! I don't know what RPG Maker VX is, I don't know what an RTP is, I just wanna play the damn game! Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?!"
Alright, well luckily for you, I packaged a version of the game with the RTP data included, so you can simply unzip it, run the self-extracting .exe, and double-click the game icon to get started. The only drawback to this is that the game file is a tad larger.
Download-link (RTP Included):
EDIT: MF deleted the link and my current version of the game is uh... way different, ahheh. Might be a bit until I can get this link up again, unless someone else happens to have it. In the meantime, I highly recommend you download the RTP for VX anyway! It'll save you a lot of trouble.

~~~~~
Remember, the demo isn't over until you reach a point where it says it is! If you need hints or a walkthrough, PM me.

Any comments, feedback, bug reporting, etc. would be appreciated. Feel free to let me know what you think!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

NotALurker

Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.01

After years of Linemarvel notlurking, I gotta say...

...I hope you keep going.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ok......good start, good start.

kekken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Link not working, file temporarily not available. Could be up later, though, so, no huge issue just yet.
EDIT: Annnnd back up. Woo!

Last edited:

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Impressive start, keep up the good work :)

Six

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks rather interesting but you really are killing yourself with so many characters unless you make the game really short. I'd advice you to start out with just one or maybe two characters and then add the other ones later.
Can't even say which two I'd prefer in that case because I liked them all so far.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, I'm not going to disagree with that. The first set of events in the only H-scene took me long enough because I was trying to go with variation in the 3DCG poses. However, for the sake of development speed, I'll probably just save the pose file and replace the character as needed (I've already completed two additional scenes for each character, and am going to do one or two more before the next release).

Other than that, I'm actually... trying to think up some ideas for scenarios, LOL. I might have dug myself a hole with this 'dungeon full of bandits' intro, but I've imagined it to be more of a small city underground, which can provide at least a little more variance.

I want it so that each 'type' of enemy you encounter provides a different H-scene instead of a generic one. These can be recycled as needed. As progress on the game continues, I'll be also looking to implement various choices (such as being submissive or defiant) and so on.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wow, really nice project you got there. Looks like it'll be a ton of work though, gl. (also hoping for some sound effects during the gor)

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

One suggestion to help with adding variety would be some story point that forces the hero out of the bandit part of the dungeon, and into a monster-filled part. Either needing to escape / hide, or bypass a locked area or something, that will depend on how the overall story flows. This way you can experiment with more rape options.

T-A-B

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This has tremendous potential. Love the premise, and the variety among heroine choices is great.

Question: Do you plan on having the player control a single character throughout the game? Or will you form a party, possibly grouping with some of the other heroines available at the beginning?

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks. Um... well, once I figure out more of RPG Maker VX's mechanics, I definitely want to implement a way to join another girl--I think interactions between the characters would be simply great, although a lot of work. But for now, I'm simply trying to make a decent few rooms to have a solid 'base' to build on, since 0.01 is literally like, one room. I've already added several rooms and two more H-scenes (for each girl that is) but want to implement at least one or two more before the next release, which should be sometime next week due to finals.

I think if I get enough work on this done during my break, if the 'dungeon' proves to be too monotonous I'm definitely going to reveal some twists that at least drive the characters out into the world, since there is an entire kingdom to see / explore. I'm hoping to implement a lot of noble/slutty choices in addition to the nonconsensual stuff that comes naturally with the 'nest of bandits' type quest.

As far as the sound effects during the GOR, do you mean smushsmush type of stuff? If so, that's doable. I can always do some random sound rips but with me being me, if I were to do that then I'd want a separate 'voice actress' for each female, which would be a hassle, needless to say.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

One suggestion to help with adding variety would be some story point that forces the hero out of the bandit part of the dungeon, and into a monster-filled part. Either needing to escape / hide, or bypass a locked area or something, that will depend on how the overall story flows. This way you can experiment with more rape options.
Monsters. I support this. Though really I guess the big question here is what you're open to. Is the game going to be humans only? Monsters? Monstergirls?

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks. Um... well, once I figure out more of RPG Maker VX's mechanics, I definitely want to implement a way to join another girl--I think interactions between the characters would be simply great, although a lot of work. But for now, I'm simply trying to make a decent few rooms to have a solid 'base' to build on, since 0.01 is literally like, one room. I've already added several rooms and two more H-scenes (for each girl that is) but want to implement at least one or two more before the next release, which should be sometime next week due to finals.

I think if I get enough work on this done during my break, if the 'dungeon' proves to be too monotonous I'm definitely going to reveal some twists that at least drive the characters out into the world, since there is an entire kingdom to see / explore. I'm hoping to implement a lot of noble/slutty choices in addition to the nonconsensual stuff that comes naturally with the 'nest of bandits' type quest.

As far as the sound effects during the GOR, do you mean smushsmush type of stuff? If so, that's doable. I can always do some random sound rips but with me being me, if I were to do that then I'd want a separate 'voice actress' for each female, which would be a hassle, needless to say.
I dont mind the random sound rips, as long as I'm given another thing to help my imagination immerse me in your world :p

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay. I'll definitely add the sound bytes in there, just no promises as to that being in the next version (which should be released by the end of next week, as I am mostly done with school come Wednesday).

And yes, monsters allowed. Actually, I already have quite a few scenes in mind, even though the various creature models for 3DCG are a pain to mix around, I'm doing it anyway.

Stuff I likely WON'T be doing in the near future if at all:
Heavy guro (as in, no decapitation or cannibalism)
Scat and anything to do with feces.

Right now I have a couple more maps / scenes made and ready, just trying to figure out which order they should go in.
In terms of game development, realistically, what would you like to see first? Monsters in the mix? Interactions with the other characters? A purity / sluttiness meter (having choices to seduce people as an option)? Tentacles? BDSM / punishment? Mind break? Group? Let me know so I can get an idea of what to implement first, as I am planning on eventually putting in all of these.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

In terms of game development, realistically, what would you like to see first? Monsters in the mix? Interactions with the other characters? A purity / sluttiness meter (having choices to seduce people as an option)? Tentacles? BDSM / punishment? Mind break? Group? Let me know so I can get an idea of what to implement first, as I am planning on eventually putting in all of these.
I don't think it should be a matter of what people want to 'see' first but more or less where it efficiently fits into the development of the game. Things that are actual game mechanics (like meters and such) should be implemented first where normal game content can realistically be added at any time.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

The seduce option and mind break things sound very nice, this game looks like its going to be very VERY good.

I feel a bit shitty to request stuff this early but... If at some point, you could add in the ability to be 'into' some rape scenes (like in Grrl Power) I would love you FOREVER.

and yes I understand, THAT would be far, far down the line in development.

Also, I agree with rydin.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Right now I have a couple more maps / scenes made and ready, just trying to figure out which order they should go in.
Like rydin said, I think you want to map out your core game mechanics before creating too much game content, as it will help keep things organized later.
honestly I think all of that is a bit too much to tackle at once. but here's my responses to these, regardless.

- monsters in the mix shouldn't be too hard except how it relates to the storyline.

- interactions with other characters might fit into the whole "dungeon" scheme. You could do a scenario in which one of the "playable" characters you didn't pick at the start, would be in the middle of being raped by the guard type people. Losing might bring up a cg with both girls completely covered in semen with a blank look on their eyes. Winning might end with the girl giving you an item or something as a reward. maybe a lesbo scene?
any of those ideas though would take a long time to implement effectively.

- a purity/sluttiness meter... seems like a main game mechanic you want. you should figure how everything fits into the purity/sluttinesss scheme as you make content.

- with tentacles, bdsm, mindbreak, and group, those are just things you can add much later. Unless sanity/mindbreak is going to be a main game mechanic (which I'm personally hoping for).

but yea, the questions I have are.... how do you "lose" the game? when sluttiness meter is maxed? when sanity meter is empty? when you get raped x number of times?
also, what's the penalty to getting beat? so far as I could tell, there was no penalty.. just a cg.

the types of things I'd like to see? In my imagination, your game is like this :
you pick a character, then go through the dungeon trying to rescue other "playable characters", then finally the princess. losing in a fight would result in a rape, resulting in a loss of sanity. lets say that normally your stats would be at 100%, losing sanity would reduce your stats accordingly. Beating enemies might restore a slight amount of sanity. rescuing "playable characters" from boss types will result in an increase of maximum sanity, allowing, for example, your stats to be at like 110%. losing to those boss types would result in a loss of maximum sanity, and a continuation of gameplay (i.e. convenient prison break!) I'm not too big a fan of slutty types in these games unless it's the bad guys/girls being that way, and it doesn't seem like your game is structured that way.

but anyways, while you should do whatever you want to (it's your game after all), if you want it to be a good game, you should be a bit more specific about what your core game mechanics will be, before creating too much content.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think it should be a matter of what people want to 'see' first but more or less where it efficiently fits into the development of the game. Things that are actual game mechanics (like meters and such) should be implemented first where normal game content can realistically be added at any time.
This is very true. I think I'm just indecisive, as I made a few new rooms and had a bunch of random ideas whose order I wasn't yet sure about. Don't worry, I'll figure it out.

In other news, I JUST implemented purity meters (100 being the most pure and goes down from there), so hurray, easy cake from here! Half of the girls are virgins. Can you tell which?

'Into' rape scenes... I love the Grrl Power! Project, and would be lying if I said it didn't influence this game in any shape or form. That will definitely be implemented as originally planned, but I'm still torn between making it based on purity level or it simply being a choice. OR, if purity is ... not 100, the choice of it being there is possible. Still gotta figure that out but the mindbreak scenes are probably two weeks down the road.

EDIT:
As far as the conditions of it being 'Game Over', there are a few. One is when your character dies. Don't worry, this likely won't happen past the first 5 minutes or so of the game, so that I won't be utterly wasting your time (especially for the people who want to try the various characters and see the differences). The second is, indeed when the purity meter goes to 0 or a certain level for some characters; I imagine each girl to have a varying amount of mental fortitude. When it's at this 'dead level', the girl is so mindbroken that she can no longer function or even think about trying to escape whatever situation she's in, to the point where she's reduced to a glorified fucktoy. That would definitely be a 'Bad End' type of deal.

I'm going to do one more scene/room before release 0.02 so I can get additional feedback, then work on the other stuff. Problem with some of the scenes are, there is a LOT of writing for some characters and I hope people are going to be okay with me not being able to illustrate every single detail in 3DCG. Meh... I think this game has enough writing as is so if someone's not comfortable with that, too bad for them. I mean, there's always the spacebar.

Last edited:

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This is very true. I think I'm just indecisive, as I made a few new rooms and had a bunch of random ideas whose order I wasn't yet sure about. Don't worry, I'll figure it out.

In other news, I JUST implemented purity meters (100 being the most pure and goes down from there), so hurray, easy cake from here! Half of the girls are virgins. Can you tell which?

'Into' rape scenes... I love the Grrl Power! Project, and would be lying if I said it didn't influence this game in any shape or form. That will definitely be implemented as originally planned, but I'm still torn between making it based on purity level or it simply being a choice. OR, if purity is ... not 100, the choice of it being there is possible. Still gotta figure that out but the mindbreak scenes are probably two weeks down the road.

EDIT:
As far as the conditions of it being 'Game Over', there are a few. One is when your character dies. Don't worry, this likely won't happen past the first 5 minutes or so of the game, so that I won't be utterly wasting your time (especially for the people who want to try the various characters and see the differences). The second is, indeed when the purity meter goes to 0 or a certain level for some characters; I imagine each girl to have a varying amount of mental fortitude. When it's at this 'dead level', the girl is so mindbroken that she can no longer function or even think about trying to escape whatever situation she's in, to the point where she's reduced to a glorified fucktoy. That would definitely be a 'Bad End' type of deal.

I'm going to do one more scene/room before release 0.02 so I can get additional feedback, then work on the other stuff. Problem with some of the scenes are, there is a LOT of writing for some characters and I hope people are going to be okay with me not being able to illustrate every single detail in 3DCG. Meh... I think this game has enough writing as is so if someone's not comfortable with that, too bad for them. I mean, there's always the spacebar.

it's probably not that big of a deal. Most h-games have like 1 hpic per scene with maybe a series of slight changes to illustrate certain stuff. but imo text is just as important. take monstergirls RPG as an example. that game has tons of h-text, and it's amazing.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Point made. I also enjoyed that game and there was maybe one H-pic per scene and it was still damn good.

I already wrote a ton of stuff, putting it all together (complete with branches, variables, switches and all that shizz) is the tough part. One of Rhiannon's scenes, for example, is like almost a page in WordPad. G_G Yeesh. The other girls aren't going to be two-liners either. Luckily, all that isn't going to be implemented for awhile, but there are already other new things to tide the audience over.

Anyhoo, tonight I get to construct 3 pics for each character via 3DCG, and then I'll have my release 0.02 up at some ungodly hour (like maybe 2-3am PST). 4 new rooms and more... stuff! Woo!

Last edited: