What's new

Tales of the universe Interest Thread

R

Ryka

I have this idea that I want to try out. It takes place in an alternate reality, that any existing character from cartoons, games, and any other forms of art are allowed to be in. I have some rules though.

If your character is part of a team, then the rest of the team does not exist. Your character has to have been raised alone.

Your character's story cannot be too entirely similar to the official version. Meaning for example, if Samus is a bounty hunter that protects the universe from Ridley and Kraid, your character (while still allowed to be named Samus) has to have completely different nemesis or just have anything be her enemy.
Like I said, name should be the same, and powers can still be intact. (But how you got them either has to have a different story, or be shrouded in mystery.)

Furries, do not put too much emphasis on describing your fur, or tail. We need to keep other people's standards in mind. Ears are alright though.

There can and will be erotic content, so don't play as a character you know won't fit the bill well. Like Mickey Mouse or Morris the Moose.

Now for the meters. Each character has two meters. Art and Physical. The opposition, your enemies know your weakness. Anti-Aura. Without your Aura, you'll die. Disappear without a trace. (At least until GM powers revive you after an adventure or major battle.) The Art Meter is your resistance to Anti-Aura.

Physical is a slightly different story. Physical attacks can knock your physical meter down. Your character loses strength the less Physical Meter there is. (You determine how strong your character is, don't powergame please.)

My character will be Mystique Sonya. (From an obscure cartoon called Hero 108.) She is a lone ninja in a goth dress that is trying to find peace within the world. Her powers are controlling her hat (which has ribbons at the sides) and use of her tongue, which can extend with magic power.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score
Re: Tales of the universe Interest Thread

*Rolls out some interest in a barrel*

Mine. *noms it*

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I have serious doubts about the mechanic part of this game. But the concept might be interesting if done well.

OP
R

Ryka

I was afraid of that, which is why I decided to make an interest thread first. It was going to be "Ideas and interest" but I wasn't thinking at the time. What would you like seeing implemented in the mechanics if the Aura idea is still in?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

To be honest, I don't like mechanics in forum RP's, I prefer freeform RP's. The only system I've seen so far that really seems to be made for something like this is the Wushu system. If you still insist on using auras, I'm fine. As long as I can get some details. I mean, how do you intend to determine one's Aura, it's size and strenght? What will cause it to drop? What will make it grow? How will it interact with Anti-Aura? These questions can be asked about the physical parameter as well.

OP
R

Ryka

Good points. I may make it freeform, since Oni tried the meters once and I tried to help, it just began to be more fun in freeform. I may make it different. Aura may be out of the question, since it can cause small situations to appear like major points in the game.

I was thinking Aura to be like a health meter, the stronger the character originally is (Samus high, Mikuru low) the better, in which can basically be 'health'. I was planning to make all characters 'invincible' so to speak, but easy to be restrained when their physical strength is knocked down with physical attacks.

I could make it freeform, but it'd donk the "systematic" aspect of it. Should I make it freeform?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Considering it will turn into one big crossover extravaganza (in spirit, at least) if it starts, I'm not sure if being "systematic" is what should be emphasized. Personally, I'd prefer a freeform RP.

OP
R

Ryka

It will be freeform then. The story will take place in a dark setting. I will also like to bring another rule into play. If you want characters like Ness, or any 'illegal for ulmf' character, they are adults in this story. So if you want someone cool like Finn from Adventure Time or something, this rule can give you an excuse to use them.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Say, let me ask you a question. What about using an existing character, but re-shaping him to fit one's tastes by, say, reincarnating him after his death (which is part of canon for that character)?

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I was thinking about doing this, and doing Kamina from Gurren Lagann. There's a good chance I'd be the first to die though, cause if you haven't watched Gurren Lagann, Kamina is batshit insane... in the most awesome way possible.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Just realised I should state interest. I've been trying to think of a character I'd like to use, and so far strangely haven't come up with anyone. But this sounds like it could be fun, so count me in.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

I have to say at first I thought this was at first going to be about the Tales of... games at first which is what got me to read this. The idea is really cool but I think it would be better as a free form over all. Also I showing interest... just need to think who to use. I have to many good choices to use in mind right now.

OP
R

Ryka

Say, let me ask you a question. What about using an existing character, but re-shaping him to fit one's tastes by, say, reincarnating him after his death (which is part of canon for that character)?
As long as his 'officially canon' story isn't implimented in the RP, that's fine. Just don't make the dead character TOO entirely similar to the original.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

So... When does this start?

OP
R

Ryka

I was hoping until everyone got their bearings on which characters they want to play.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

I got who I can to play for pure lolz, Raven from Tales of Vesperia. Yay for being a lazy once dead man whole calls himself old despite he is only in his later 30's early 40's. Plus who else has a sword that can chance in to a bow.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll go with Sindri Myr from Dawn of War. Yep, he's dead, but did that ever stop a follower of chaos gods? Nah.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

There can and will be erotic content...
I'll go with Sindri Myr from Dawn of War. Yep, he's dead, but did that ever stop a follower of chaos gods? Nah.
Oh lord this could get twisted. o_o'

I've been unusually blank for ideas myself, So I'll get back to you. I'll see if I can decide on a character before the days up. All the ideas so far have problems along the lines of,

Far too powerful,
Don't really know their personality at all/well enough,
Relies on a mecha to do anything,
Is an explosive penguin,

etc...

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The last option sounds fun, actually, assuming it's THAT kind of exploding penguins we're talking about. And frankly, we could do something about the exploding part. As for my approach to forces of Chaos and worshipping them:

Tzeentch, yes.

Khorne, a bit.

Slaneesh, Hell no.

And don't get me started on Nurgle.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

If I did it I'd probably do Kamina from Gurren Lagann.

Despite there being no mechs he acctually showed skill in hand to hand combat, as well as guns and swords. Plus the whole spiral energy thing would make his attacks more powerful (If we can use stuff like that).