What's new

ACT Shota [テングステン / Tengsten] 帝國の関所番 / Imperial Gatekeeper (RJ239810)

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

(tentative Release date Late February 2019, author say it might change)

Say, have you ever wonder what Papers, Please would be like as a H-game?
If so, here's your answer, from Tengsten the creator of Dungeon Repeater and Anekasegi.

You're a war veteran 'demoted' to being a lowly gatekeeper, checking entry passports.

The control is purely mouse-based but the general flow of gameplay is:
Pick your stage and start your day working.

Ring the bell to call in the next person in line.
Check their document (the trial version basically only have you check the date of issue)
Then after you approve/reject their entry, the game give you a quick evaluation of how you did (green: good, grey: not enough explaining about why you reject them i.e. you didn't click the 'wrong' part, purple: u did bad)
Repeat until your shift is over.

After a tutorial on it on your first break day, you can do body check *wink wink nudge nudge* while avoiding getting the bar on the top right from filling (which will cause the person to run away in dissatisfaction)

You need to earn at least 20g living expense each day, and in the trial you have 2 'missions' to complete:
1. Earn 200 Evaluation points total by inspection day (the 5th day is break day, the next day after is inspection day)
2. Earn over 500 Evaluation points total which will unlock free mode from the main menu.

With all that said, the trial is in very early stage, without much content
There's the tutorial on body checking above.
Seemingly randomly you can run into an event with villager Hana (her profile shown in the sample picture of DLSite)
Who will mention about her money trouble and that paying 10g for a passport will make it rather....difficult, for her.
You can be a nice guy and pay 10g for her fee, or be a strict man and reject her entry....or, heck, what you're here for, do body check to make sure she doesn't have any hidden money (i.e. making sure she's not lying about not having money) before either approving or rejecting her entry.
So aside from those, the rest is just groping randomize NPCs...which does include male NPCs.

One thing to note is that THE GAME HAVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OPTION.
I didn't use it and the readme mention it's not fully translated but the author plan to have that option there at least.

Another thing is that the game have SERIOUS tag, which usually means the story is grim/depressing (given the source of the idea, Papers, Please, make sense really)

In term of fetishes: Mainly groping and humiliation play for now? As said it's still rather early stage, enough to get the basic ideas.

According to the blog post, you will unlock more female types (city girl and beast girl are at least two confirmed ones) in later stages.
As far as characters with actual event goes, it looks like there'll be 4 female characters with that sort of treatment.
2 on military side (the two shown up in the demo, the boss lady and the tutorial girl)
2 on village side (one is Hana who shows up in the demo, the other named Paula)

Last edited:

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Don't know whether I am more surprised at a h-game looking to Papers, Please for inspiration. or that it took this long for it to come out.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm surprised it took this long. And I can't wait for the game. Was never interested in Papers, Please.....even the touhou version....but this demo made me interested in this game.

One thing to note is that THE GAME HAVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OPTION.
I didn't use it and the readme mention it's not fully translated but the author plan to have that option there at least.
Yup, and it covers the first basic training, system items, shift dialog. But it doesn't cover story, Hana scene, second basic training, talking/advice to/from other two guards. It's more than enough to successfully play the demo though.

Last edited:

TheBl4ckC4t

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Do I interpret it right that it is planned for february 2019? (Edit: just read the first post again.... late february even nooooooooo)
The idea is so awesome and I had to party once I heard the Title music (totally not a ripoff)
I fucking love Papers pls.

Still sad that it is so early in developement. So little to check, only date and there is not even a case in wich you ask for papers and then they take them out, Which makes me already spam reject once the explaination is done.
Way too easy,
I wish it were near completion.

Still, I approve the concept.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Damn, I'm not sure whether to be excited or...

I did enjoy playing papers, please but I feel like the time limit is going to get in the way of the H part of an H-game. Not to mention that at later stages it's going to be impossible unless fully translated (and done well at that).

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Damn, I'm not sure whether to be excited or...

I did enjoy playing papers, please but I feel like the time limit is going to get in the way of the H part of an H-game. Not to mention that at later stages it's going to be impossible unless fully translated (and done well at that).
Well, in the trial the only mistakes are either not having a passport or having a passport with wrong issue date.
The only spot you can check is marked in blue, so unless they plan to mess with you later, you basically only check the blue bits for the stages.

The body check was taught as "in case someone have hidden items (which will cause different sound when touched)"

That said, other possible spots they might try to mess with in the real game:
-National symbol in the background of the passport.
-Passport duration (the demo only have 1 day passport which is listed as "usable only on date of issue: yes")
-Location name.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah I got to play a little to the end of the demo, only managed to get up to 16 people taken care of in a day.

I THINK they've fixed something that was crappy in papers, please and now you get paid for anyone you complete correctly instead of just people that have the correct stuff and are allowed in. (Endgame was murder with all the people you had to turn away you made so little money)

Overall it's pretty fun, and trying to work in abusing people who don't have the correct papers is a whoot. "Oh, I see you don't have a ticket. Please turn around and bend over. I'm now going to begin searching for contraband... ... OK you're clean, now you need to go buy a ticket."

Last edited:

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
A groping game based on the TSA would be freaking awesome, but it wouldn't be able to be shared here due to the underage content.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Er... did you strip the boy? I stripped the dude for shits and giggles only to find he had no genitals XD I didn't even consider doing the boy.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
lol I got the guy and boy out of my tent as fast as possible. Honestly if they weren't in the game once you can strip and grope, I probably wouldn't even hit 10 people. By the way, before the option was available....it was only once but I managed 25 people! And you can keep the last person of the day in your tent pretty much as long as you want. Probably something that will be fixed in the main game but I hope not.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The most I got for stage 1 was 15. No matter how fast or perfect I go, I can only manage about 5-6 an hour depending on how many i have to deny and I only get 3 hours a day.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The most I got for stage 1 was 15. No matter how fast or perfect I go, I can only manage about 5-6 an hour depending on how many i have to deny and I only get 3 hours a day.
Have you tried changing the dialog option? On the left part of the screen you'll see a set of green buttons. They speed up and slow down the dialog. You can have the whole conversations done instantly making deny those with no ticket and those with vaild tickets really fast. After learning about that, I was taking people in as little as 5 mins each.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I honestly thought that those were to speed up the time entirely. Thanks for the info!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah, that's what I figured they were for as well. Jeeze.

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
Now pushed back to April... :(

I really hope this comes out on the English DLSite when it releases so I can actually purchase it. First one I've really "looked forward to" in a while.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

(tentative Release date Late February 2019, author say it might change)

Say, have you ever wonder what Papers, Please would be like as a H-game?
Can't say I have, but I'm oddly intrigued.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to Games Under Construction.