What's new

The Dividing Line - Security Cells

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The Security Cells are a few levels above the hangar. It contains out of two parts. One of them is the guard room that contains standard security systems and a weapons locker.
The others are the cells themselves - a long corridor with small rooms on each side. The cells are secured with sturdy reinforced steel bars and containment fields, so in case of a power outage the inmates are still safely locked away.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Security Cells

Draven makes his way here, walking along with Thall and the Ashotur, still in his Bentari form and not taking his eyes off of their prisoner. Seems he still doesn't fully trust that he won't at least try to escape.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall leads the Ashotur like a dog on a leash. They pass the abandoned guard room and stop before the first cell. The Telarin turns towards Draven. "Alright. Could you deactivate the force field for Cell 1, please?" He motions over to the guard room.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He wordlessly moves onward, and quickly deactivates the force shields, nodding once over to Thall.

"Done."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods and moves into the cell... to realize something seconds later. If he would deactivate the forcefield now the Ashotur would have plenty of time to tear him to shreds. "Umm - Draven? Could you get out here with a gun? I don't want to end up as fish food." He has deliberately spoken in Telarin so the Ashotur can't hear them.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven moves much quicker than one would expect from something so large, though Bentari rarely ever did move at their full speed since usually their targets never had a prayer anyway. Fairly soon he is standing near Thall, the large energy rifle he uses in hand. His face is expressionless, though it wouldn't take reading his face to know the weapon was ready to fire on less than a moment notice.

"Just let me know when to move and what you want to do and when."

He replies to Thall back in Telarin, not missing a beat at all.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Just aim that thing at him from outside the cell while I turn off his containment field and turn on the cell's field. After a pause, Thall says mostly to himself, "We'd need three people for that. Get ready!"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He moves into the appropriate position and then waits for Thalls order. He was tempted to thumb the switch up to kill the fucker if he tried to do anything, but Thall would be extremely pissed if he did, so he instead settled to leave it on the heaviest stun setting possible.

When he was ready he simply stated, "do it." in Telarin again.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods and deactivates the containment field, jumping back quickly as he does so. Pkaric looks like he wants to go after the "Fishbone" for a moment, but he doesn't move a muscle in the end.
The Telarin turns and quickly walks towards the guard room.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Again, his expression is unreadable, almost as if he isn't even capable of emotion, though Pkaric would know better having seen the bellow before battle before. If he knew what the game was, he might even wonder if the Bentari before him was a poker player. He wouldn't bother to turn his head or speak, the force shield snapping into place would be his cue. Until then, his gaze would not falter from where it was locked, and that was right at the Ashotur in front of him.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Stare as long as you can. I'll be chewing on your eyeballs soon, oilslick-" The rest of his words are cut of by the containment field snapping into place.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now with the force shield up, he does speak. "Should we get that far, I do look forward to another battle with you Pkaric. You were more than a worthy opponent, and my only regret is that our battle was cut short by a cheap shot. Keep that in mind as well as this. I do not fear you, nor your kind. You however, should be very wary of dealing with mine."

He says nothing further, though his tone is dark and dangerous, even as he moves away, leaving the Ashotur to chew on his words for the time.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Umm... he can't hear you." Thall points to a box next to the entrance to the cell. "If you want to talk to him, use this."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He blinks. "Oh. Well that sucks, I suppose I should repeat myself to him, I assume we can hear him just fine?"

After he would get an answer, he would push the button and repeat his last words exactly the same once more. Letting go when he was finished.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall sighs. "Actually no. And I wish everybody would stop wanting to beat up my prisoner."
As Pkaric hears Draven's words he moves over to a corresponding box in his cell and presses a button. "You don't scare me, Bentari. I have stood my ground against a herd of Pan Kor, a race that would beat the snot out of you. I killed them all, Slick. And once I'm free... I'll kill you too."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven raises his eyebrow at the name of the race, having not heard of it. He pushes the button and quietly adds, "we'll see. If the situation comes up, it will be quite interesting, and I will give you this. Your the first creature I have come across in several hundred years that has given me any kind of a fight, any pause for consideration. To that, I honor you, but I do not fear you."

He releases the button, waiting several moments to be certain, then says to Thall, "I don't want to beat him up or even kill him Thall. Granted, I do believe he poses a serious threat and will deal with it accordingly and try to keep him alive despite what my people's NORMAL protocol is with this, but I sincerely want to learn what we can of his species."

A moment as he adds, "I assume you are referring to Vance wanting to pummel him? For what it's worth, if it comes to it, I'll keep him from doing so as best as I can. You have my word on that."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods, and his voice sounds relieved. "Thanks, that's great to know."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He nods once, waiting for a moment longer to see if Pkaric would respond, or simply ignore him.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pkaric reacts to his words with a gesture that he must have learned from human soldiers - he raises his right hand, middle finger erect. After that the Ashotur drops down on the bunk and folds his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven does something unexpected. He tilts his head back and roars with laughter. When he is finished he finally says, "Thall, I think we may have found ourselves an Ashotur with not only a sense of humor, but who may have spent some time amongst humans, maybe the one you have on video?"

He shakes his head, still chuckling as he finally turns around. "So what now then?"