What's new

The Dividing Line - Security Cells

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Security Cells

"It's just..." Caitlin hesitates a moment before continuing. "Do you think your culture could survive without violence? Live in peace with the other races? I know you donkt believe it, but as far as I know, you and your ship are the last of your kind. I think I could, using you as the template, get the Ashotur up and alive again, and introduce enough genetic diversity to keep the gene pool viable, but I couldn't do it if all that would do would be to start another war, so... I would have to effectively remove your propensity for violence, at least down to the level of a human's. I just don't know if I should. I mean, would you consider that a fate worse than death for your entire species? I just, don't know who else to ask."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Kraken, woman. I didn't expect something so deep. I'm just a soldier." Pkaric hisses and shifts his position. "Question is of course how much of this is genetic, and how much is behavior. I told you about the tribes that were against the war, right? Those were mostly the ones on the outer rim of our territory, where they had plenty of space and enough resources. They were unlike us, unlike the core around the High Empress, in constant fight about food and. . . stuff." The Ashotur grows quiet. "If we were to start again, would we make the same mistakes?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I think you mentioned something about competition between Swarms, but I think that was it. I find genetics have a lot to do with aggression, though you are right, not everything. Space was a problem at the core of your worlds? maybe a drop in birth rate... I'm sorry, I'm treating the revival of your species like some science fair project, I need to learn to be more tactful. I just cant bear to see such diversity as an entire planet laid to waste like that."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh well, I'm a prisoner right? Not like I could say no." Pkaric hisses, obviously amused.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin looks a little offended at his tone of voice, but a beeping comes from the datapad in her hand before she can say anything. She looks down to check it, and her face lights up. "Ooh, the gene sequencing of that spore creature is finished down in the lab, I have to go look!" She exclaims, before realizing she's still on guard duty. "Oh, well. Let's see if anyone else wants to take a shift, Mara, Maria? Whatever, captain lady said it was just during the spare time, there shouldn't be a problem." She goes over and fiddles with the broadcast device used for comms throughout the station for a moment.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For several minutes nobody answers Caitlin's call. When somebody does, it's Mara. "Hey there. Sorry, I was just starting to rest when you called out. We need a moment to boot up", she says with the faintest of smiles in her voice.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I should probably let you rest then... Caitlin says uneasily.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No, it's okay. I can delay rest for a while longer. Just need to sleep longer then. So what did you call out for?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, it's just that I'm here guarding the Ashotur, and my pad just told me that the sequencing I started for that spore creature is finished. The captain lady said that this guard thing was just until I needed to be in the med lab again, so... I guess I'm kinda looking for a replacement.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, If Nadia said so. . ." A stifled yawn can be heard over the link. "I'll be right over."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, alright. Caitlin says quietly, sitting back and waiting for Mara to show up.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a bit Mara walks into the guard room, nodding at Caitlin. "Well, how is he behaving? Any trouble?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not at all, he's been a perfect gentleman." Caitlin replied with a smile. "Are you sure you don't need to rest?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I should be fine for a few more hours. Don't worry. As long as I don't fall asleep and hit the open cell button with my head", she adds with a short whistle.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin laughs a little as she pictures that happenning. "Alright then, thanks again!" She says, then heads out of the security cells, giving Pkaric a wave as she leaves.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Ashotur gives a brief nod to Caitlin as she passes him. Mara sighs and sits down onto a chair in the guard room.