What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Pervy] The Last Demonhunter - Remastered

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Also, in my experience, people that say 'A lot' usually mean 'one or two' *chuckles*
Well I guess it is just one or two objects or walls you can go through... in nearly every other map. (But it only really starts once you get to the Jade Tower and everywhere after)

Also I've attached picture proof of the portraits (It's also like this in cutscenes). I wasn't exaggerating about anything of what I said. Trust me when I say I'm not the type to exaggerate

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Oh I know of the portrait issue, it's being worked on, the artist messed their dimensions up so it's been persisting for a few versions, trust me, it bugs me the most.

I'd work on the passability issues too, but you continue to not provide me with usable details. Saying that there are bugs without specifying where and what is much like me telling you there's a lot of bad english in your posts, factually accurate and a sign of me enjoying our interaction enough to wish for you to improve and grow through it..
but not actually conductive to any improvement.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Aand a Halloween-prepared update, this one with a futa-vampire gameover, as well as a big wave of bugfixings (see the abovementioned image-issues), details on The blog:

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Aand a new update, completing the vampire-castle with an apropriate transformation and several lewd encounters, see the first page for a screenshot, as usual, update and moar image-details are on the blog:

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just picked up the game for the first time, and I have some grammatical advice for you:
"Sex" is not a term that refers to someone's physical genitalia. It's either a verb, describing the action of intercourse; or a noun, referring to someone's physical sexuality, NOT their genitals. I came across this many times with the early slimegirl encounters (save for one time you used "pussy" properly), and it was driving me nuts.
So I implore you, change your current uses of "sex" (in noun form) to any other synonyms for a woman's vagina in your dialogue; you have many options. I've seen this misuse in several other games (mostly from creators whose first language isn't English), and it breaks any semblance of erotic immersion, at least for me.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Just picked up the game for the first time, and I have some grammatical advice for you:
"Sex" is not a term that refers to someone's physical genitalia. It's either a verb, describing the action of intercourse; or a noun, referring to someone's physical sexuality, NOT their genitals. I came across this many times with the early slimegirl encounters (save for one time you used "pussy" properly), and it was driving me nuts.
So I implore you, change your current uses of "sex" (in noun form) to any other synonyms for a woman's vagina in your dialogue; you have many options. I've seen this misuse in several other games (mostly from creators whose first language isn't English), and it breaks any semblance of erotic immersion, at least for me.
Well damn son, in this day and age ignorance is a choice and you still choose ignorance:
See definition no.4.:

I've seen this multiple times myself, actually, people correcting my grammar without making sure their corrections were actually, in themselfs, correct. I do believe this comes primarly from native speakers that are so confident their definitions are right, they don't even bother to check before spilling a hot one all over themselfs.

I've had an english major proofreading quite a lot of the first bits of the game in detail so I can with relative certainty assure you that pretty much every odd phrasing you find is a personalized style of quite clean english... you are welcome to submit later on typos and inconsistencies which certainly still exist, as a detailed bug report, ideally either the exact phrasing or a screenshot, over email or to our discord: if you want to improve the game, but first, make entirely sure that your corrections are in themselfs correct, english is a far more complicated and messy language than most natives actually presume it to be.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
To this day the English language continues to baffle me. In all the erotic writing I've read, I've seldom seen it used as a synonym of genitalia, and when it is I've assumed it's just a bad case of Engrish.
My opinion on the matter still stands, that it sounds awkward and tacky when used that way. But hey, you're the English major. If you're set on that flavor of writing, more power to you.
I stand corrected on a technical standpoint, but it won't make reading it any less off-putting to me (maybe I'm just uncultured, idk).

I am a bit curious as to what citation is used for that particular definition (when/where it came about), and how common it's used that way in the modern age.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You are free to go around demanding game authors change their tone to your sensibilities. I don't think it's overly productive and you sound like a SJW without a cause, but you are free to do it.

The meaning of words is variable and context dependant, I do believe that what you really struggle with is reading comprehension skills (As you also misunderstood, no, I'm not an english major).
If I were to guess, the reason for your almost moral outrage at my use of vocabulary here stems from you considering yourself more intelligent than you are and projecting your loathing of your own inability onto the things that are causing you these issues, which is what takes the enjoyment of these things out of it for you.

I advice not becoming so tense about these things, allowing yourself and others to have these minor imperfections and just allowing yourself to gloss over them, where they occur.

As for the origin of Sex referring to genitalia, speculation here, it already refers to the female and male defining gender characteristics, so it just came along that way. I use it primarly early on in my gamewriting because it is a neutral, non dirty and kind of cute way of referring to someone's organs, though more recently I've embraced a raunchier, and broader writing aspect. It's most certainly used in erotic literature.. else I'd not have picked it up, but it might be more dominating in female than in male-targeted erotica. (Men preferedly describe genitalia in vivid detail, women preferedly gloss over them in more poetic and abstract terms.)

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I apologize if my posts came off as abrasive or demanding in my posts, that wasn't my intent. Admittedly I was a bit flustered at the time of writing it. Please don't read too deeply into assumed "projection" on my part, I'm just some schmuck on the internet stating his opinion on a writing style that I personally found odd.
To be honest, my prejudice on the matter of "sex = genitals" stems from zxc338093's Latex Dungeon, which DOES feature broken English (as it is not his first language). It was the first instance I had seen sex (noun) used in that manner, and I assumed it was part of the broken grammar riddled throughout the game.
So yes, I'll admit this little conniption of mine was based on an ignorant assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hah. I'm sensitive, but not that sensitive. I can read into people being flustered or not and like to tease flustering. All good. I'm just some internet schmuck myself, after all.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
New update with new Hentai, less bugs.. but bad news, this'll be the last update this year!

Unless you're in Australia or somesuch, then lotsa updates to come.

Crazy Li

Reputation score
To this day the English language continues to baffle me. In all the erotic writing I've read, I've seldom seen it used as a synonym of genitalia, and when it is I've assumed it's just a bad case of Engrish.
My opinion on the matter still stands, that it sounds awkward and tacky when used that way. But hey, you're the English major. If you're set on that flavor of writing, more power to you.
I stand corrected on a technical standpoint, but it won't make reading it any less off-putting to me (maybe I'm just uncultured, idk).

I am a bit curious as to what citation is used for that particular definition (when/where it came about), and how common it's used that way in the modern age.
I'll admit, I found this a little odd as well. Not because I think it's incorrect at all. I know full well that "sex" is also a noun... but it's just not commonly used in sexual writing from my experience, so it is something to get used to. I don't think it's bad to use, but I do think maybe more variety on terms might be a good thing?

Like... I'm not trying to insist this be written the way I want it to be written and take away from the maker's personal style... but I do feel like varying up your terminology makes for better writing. You can have a preferred word that you lean on that is your unique flavor... but using the same term 95% of the time gets repetitive. That would be my only criticism. Even if you used a different word that was more common, I'd have the same feeling. There';s a handful of very common synonyms
for "vagina" and a ton of less-common ones that can be tossed in sometimes as well... it wouldn't be a bad idea to mix it up a bit and keep it fresh. I think I've seen alternatives used like two times through the entire think as far as I've played. I'm not trying to complain per se, just maybe offering a bit of a friendly suggestion to bare in mind in the future. Like don't feel like I'm telling you to go re-write everything just because of this. That's absurd... but in future writing, it's something to maybe keep in mind. Consider interchanging your terms more. Not just for this but any word that has to be used a large number of times over the course of a story. For example, if you like using "sex" instead of saying that 18 times, "snatch" once, and "pussy" once in a hypothetical 20 instances, one could instead use "sex" 10 times (which would still be the most used term in this example), but the other ten can be assortments of: pussy, snatch, twat, cunt, etc...

On a more important note... I'm curious how much of the original game is done in this "remaster". Is the version number like a percentage indicator so it'd be like 82%? Or is it more like needing to match something closer to 1.20 or whatever it was the original got to to be finished? I've heard people argue that you should just play the original since it has more content, but I dunno if it'd be worth it.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Oh, if you're talking writing style wise, it's totally passe, this is from the earliest bits of the game, which for perspective, was written a good 7 years ago. Think of where you were 7 years ago. :p

I updated a lot of the writing, but copypasted a decent chunk of the old stuff, so yeah, long story short, you're right, and nowadays there ought to be more variety. I dun use all the synonyms for the female organ, because, trust me, some are a little whacky. :p

I do love we're having a hypothetical snatch discussion though.

Anywhooo. As for the how far we are done.. yes. It's all kind of planned ahead in my.. head.. It's now nearing 0.83% done, over 4/5ths, and the reason it will most likely not stay at a 1.00 in the end is that there'll be inevitable bug-fixes, patreon requested updates, potentially and etc. But I don't expect to far exceed something like 1.0.5 as is.

As for people telling you to play the original. They're stupid and blinded by nostalgia. At this point the remaster has FAR more content, objectively. Anyone not believing me can just look at the map-count as the most foolhardy measuring stick, the remaster has I dunno.. almost 100 more by now? Anyone that thinks the remaster has less content hasn't played the newe(st) version(s).

That does not account for the far improved writing and the Hentai CG's that were not in the original. HECK, even my original artist had improved their style in the 3 1/2 years intermittent between original and remaster, I always chuckle when an old fan comes along and tells me they like the new character art better than the original artists stuff.

-That all said, perhaps there's 1 or 2 crazy peopl that hate the remaster and love the original, you can still dig the original up on the blog or etc am sure.

Crazy Li

Reputation score
Oh, if you're talking writing style wise, it's totally passe, this is from the earliest bits of the game, which for perspective, was written a good 7 years ago. Think of where you were 7 years ago. :p

I updated a lot of the writing, but copypasted a decent chunk of the old stuff, so yeah, long story short, you're right, and nowadays there ought to be more variety. I dun use all the synonyms for the female organ, because, trust me, some are a little whacky. :p

I do love we're having a hypothetical snatch discussion though.

Anywhooo. As for the how far we are done.. yes. It's all kind of planned ahead in my.. head.. It's now nearing 0.83% done, over 4/5ths, and the reason it will most likely not stay at a 1.00 in the end is that there'll be inevitable bug-fixes, patreon requested updates, potentially and etc. But I don't expect to far exceed something like 1.0.5 as is.

As for people telling you to play the original. They're stupid and blinded by nostalgia. At this point the remaster has FAR more content, objectively. Anyone not believing me can just look at the map-count as the most foolhardy measuring stick, the remaster has I dunno.. almost 100 more by now? Anyone that thinks the remaster has less content hasn't played the newe(st) version(s).

That does not account for the far improved writing and the Hentai CG's that were not in the original. HECK, even my original artist had improved their style in the 3 1/2 years intermittent between original and remaster, I always chuckle when an old fan comes along and tells me they like the new character art better than the original artists stuff.

-That all said, perhaps there's 1 or 2 crazy peopl that hate the remaster and love the original, you can still dig the original up on the blog or etc am sure.
Good points, good points. And I totally understand about the old writing thing. I cringe looking at my old writing xD and yeah, you don't wanna use EVERY term as if it's too stupid, it takes away from it.

Also it was really funny randomly hearing Irwin on Reflection for that one battle (trying to avoid spoilers). I'm up to the snowy area now and looking forward to seeing what else you've come up with. Making a game is hard and I applaud your effots. I know I've tried to make my own games a handful of times but it's a pretty daunting thing for me to do by myself. I feel like I'm an above-average writer, mediocre artist, mediocre programmer, and have no musical talent.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You sound like me, except far above average writing, for that no artistry skills whatsoever. *cuckles*

That said, none of that matters, as you suspect, the real key to making a good game is persistance. You need to be willing to spent hours, every week, for years, to get a game that's truly worth playing.

But, heh, thanks, feed me your adoration!!

Crazy Li

Reputation score
Oh, I definitely keep at it. It's just rough when you gotta make everything yourself and feel you're not making it well enough @.@

Also I should say that it's great you have all these branching paths. Adds replay value to the game. Not only is there good/evil and things like Succubus path... but just different focuses on ally relationships give me ideas on all these different runs I'll need to do. I'm trying to play it straight right now with a fairly good, uncorrupted run. I keep talking to Rose this one since she doesn't fit into any real themes... but I'll do one with catgirl transform and talk to Miay in that one for obvious reasons :p

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Oh yeah baby, gimme those i's!

Lemme tell you some more info then. With The Last Demonhunter, I spent 3 months of work on some first stuff, never ever telling anyone I was even doing it, and making sure that some of my first events (the intro and the tower-fight with the fallen demonhunter) were at peak complexity of what I wanted to have in the game. IF I could do them, I could write the rest of the game, given time and work.

The different runs and different choices are what I feel makes a game a game. I would wish more game-creators focused on making choices that matter, because, guess what, giving your character green hair and big boobs is not a player choice nor does it add anything to the experience, anyone can do <Call variable 'player name, haircolor'> that's not good writing.

Good writing is having the player play a bit, then choose to either save the cute fuck slut that may or may not plan betrayal, or the more pious snuggle slut that's shy but fiercly loyal.. and then writing entirely different scenes for the two.
Now, that does mean you basically write twice the content, at half the progress, and this gets multiplicatively harder for each new choice (snuggle slut with or without a dick? fuck slut with or without a dick?)

But thats why I plan to, and recommend to any aspiering game designers to make their games short, small, FAR smaller than they want to make it, you can tell an epic story with a smaller enviroment too, but for that, make the gameworld matter.

In rpg maker terms, try and do a game with 50 maps. How do you know you'll need 50 maps, plus ten tops?
Because you also need to storyboard. I didn't do this in the original, do it in the remaster. A decent chunk of the work, like.. an entire workday, sometimes, is spent with me driving in the train, wandering about randomly, like literally, I'll hop into a train to one station, drive out, drive back to the original station, because doing that empowers my creativity to then scribble barely legible notes on a few post-its and collecting those post its.. and then, well, it might seem like I wasted time, but now I already know what the area will look like, what enemies will be in there, what will happen, roughly what comes next.
.. just got to put it in writing afterwards, heh.

Crazy Li

Reputation score
I totally agree. I make all my projects in secret at first too :p only thing is I never really get far enough to where they get public. Maybe I've shared with a few friends but that's it. I've given up on RPG Maker because it's too tedious for me. The most recent idea I tried was actually in visual novel software, manipulating a VN engine to have RPG elements which is a lot easier for me to create. I just need to steal backgrounds and make some images instead of all those sprites and maps :p

I love choices that create branching paths, effecting the run in a significant way. I plan to do that as well, despite how many checks and alternate scenes I need to write. It's fun to come up with that stuff, so I don't really think of it as extra work.

Oh, some questions about you game though:

1. I think you forgot some Skill text when Rubia uses Purify. It just has a blank after Rubia's name and then it gives the effect in the next line.
2. Why is Miay the only one who doesn't have the "Arouse" option?
3. I notice Rose can be poisoned... is this intentional? I'm not sure how you poison a doll. Shouldn't she resist the same statuses that inorganic enemies resist?
4. I really hate to bring this one up because I'm using it to my benefit... but is Ayla's Sacred Rejuvenation meant to be a target skill? The description says it just heals her own HP but it's not set to target:self, it's an ally target spell, so you can heal any of your party members (which is super useful because there aren't any other heals outside random drop items). Just not sure if you meant for her to be self-target or you made a mistake in the description.

EDIT:
5. I just randomly wandered into some werewolf town while looking to find if there's another location for beegirls since I beat all the ones I could find and still told I need to find the nest. wolfgirls there tell me I already beat their Omega, but I've never encountered such a thing. I have no clue what they're talking about, but they're referencing some event that never happened.
6. During battle with one of these Werewolf Deltas, I got a dialog exchange that ended in the last line being said by a Slimegirl for some reason...?
7. I managed to deal with the bees without ever meeting their queen? I just talked to the ice beast and it automatically acted as though I spoke with their queen already and the bees stopped attacking. I dun even know where the queen WAS so I feel like I missed out on a scene in actually doing the negotiation. What's weirder is that even though this is the case, if I talk to the mayor's assistant, the game act as if I haven't dealt with the bee problem? So I'm basically soft-locked out of that quest, I think.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I treated your questions as bug reports and fixed, for the next version:
1., 2: should have it on lvl 2, 3: She's super realistic. 4.: Eh, I'll Self-target and buff it a bit *nodnods*
5. Hrmnn.. that is an odd one. That said, the omega is literally the first wolf you run into, you might have misderped something, can someone else confirm?
6. oh yeah, fixed.
7. Yeah, if you do things in a very specific order and don't go where people tell you to go that quest just breaks, I've gotten tired of trying to fix it, because I got too many undetailed reports that made things worse. I'll one day might get to fixing it, once I understand where the actual problem lies, as I couldn't replicate the problem, but then, I play the game 'It's supposed to be' played.

Crazy Li

Reputation score
Nope, Omega wolf is in a house. If you don't get into that house, you don't encounter her at all. If you enter the village from the west forest patch, you run into delta wolfs walking around randomly on screen on the west side of town and whatever the weaker ones were called on the east side of town.

And it wasn't like I was TRYING to play the quest wrong. I literally did not know what I was supposed to do. I wandered around the screens, found a cave, and it broke the quest. How was I supposed to know that it was gonna do that. I feel your reply is a bit spiteful, acting as though I'm playing the game wrong on purpose and that's why it glitched out. I can't play the game how it's "supposed to be played" if I don't really know what I'm doing and just wandering around lost. It's not like I made the game and have an understanding of all the map and event layouts to know where I'm supposed to go exactly. There's no walkthrough for the game either this far in AFAIK, so I just had to experiment and see what happens.

If you want to replicate the problem, here are the literal EXACT steps I took. Not every step is likely necessary, but I recommend doing everything the same way just to ensure the same result:

1. Accept quest from mayor's house
2. Travel south to the snow forest area where the first bee screen is and slaughter all the bees on that screen
3. Head right until you reach the screen with a cave on it (DON'T kill all the bees)
4. Enter the cave and talk to the ice beast and agree to Deal with the bees.
5. Take 1 step right as if you were interested in that treasure chest in his cave. At this point, you'll get more dialog congratulating you for resolving the problem and giving you a reward.
6. Go back outside and walk up next to a bee that's still there. They'll tell you their queen told them not to bother with you anymore.
7. Go back to the mayor's house and talk to the receptionist. She'll still have her flag that the quest is unresolved and tell you that you need to kill or negotiate with them.

I actually never figured out WHERE the queen even is which doesn't help any. Maybe if I knew that, it would still be possible to talk to her? I dunno.