What's new

The Mandela Effect?

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have noticed that there are no threads dedicated specifically to the Mandela Effect (although there are a total of three posts that came up which mentioned the name Mandela with one or two of them making a brief/short reference to the Mandela Effect). Things seem to have gotten absolutely weird and, for me anyway, has seemingly been in full force more so than ever during this year in particular. I only expect it to get even more bizarre as we continue to approach 2025. I actually remember a YouTube video from a few years ago which showed how video games accurately predicted the future, and showing how the calendar becomes non-existent after the year 2025, but that particular video does not seem to exist in "this reality" for some reason (were I not aware of the Mandela Effect I would have attributed it to simply having been deleted or removed for some reason, but, now, that video or at least that particular version may have never been produced at all, for all I know, not from "this" time-line/world/reality/universe anyway).

For the uninitiated, the Mandela Effect is a phenomenon that the "mainstream" sources attribute to so-called false memory syndrome, but the "debunking" attempts do not address all of the "residual evidence" that coincide with the memories of the affected (and it's not just because I think that "mainstream" sources of information are typically full of misleading and incomplete information). For example, the Moonraker movie had an actress by the name of Dolly who "wore braces" in the memories of those who've seen the movie, but she is not seen to wear braces in "this reality"(tm). The term "residual evidence" refers to the existence of things that coincide with the memories of the Mandela Affected, for example, when a VHS/VCR box for the movie Moonraker specifically describes on the back that Dolly wore/wears "braces" (even though in the footage of the movie itself from the "current/present/this reality" she is not seen to be wearing braces).

One of the big ones, particularly for long-time Star Wars fans/fanatics, was when Darth Vader says, "Luke, I am your father" ...according to their memories, but, somehow, for some reason, the scene in "this universe/reality" has Darth Vader saying "No, I am your father" without addressing Luke's name specifically. Many other examples also exist, such as various words now existing in the bible that were not even part of the English language vocabulary until the 90s, and there are MANY (talking MILLIONS) of people around the world who remember an/the "old/original reality" that differs from the current one. Even the location of turbine engines on passenger jets are now located in front of the wings instead of underneath the wings as so many people remember.

Don't be surprised if this (the ME phenomena) happens to the video games you play if you haven't already noticed anything! What changes have you noticed in "reality" over the last few years if any?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The only reason the Mandela Effect got so big is because a lot of people find the fallibility of human memory more frightening than living in a Twilight Zone episode. You just remember things wrong sometimes. It ain't that deep.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
The only reason the Mandela Effect got so big is because a lot of people find the fallibility of human memory more frightening than living in a Twilight Zone episode. You just remember things wrong sometimes. It ain't that deep.
Bullshit.

Luke, I am your father and I miss the rains down in Africa.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Don't be surprised if this (the ME phenomena) happens to the video games you play if you haven't already noticed anything! What changes have you noticed in "reality" over the last few years if any?
Most of the old games I remembered and then replayed sucked
Not Mandela effect though, that's just because I didn't remember the 10+ playthroughs back then that sucked and were lost due to bullshit, cheating AI, unclear UI or hidden mechanics designed to fuck you over
It's a neat thing, but seems to be a bit unreliable and untestable

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nothing short of requiring time travel? Well, when "image searches" are used, they often have a reflection of the "old/original" reality before the "mysterious" changes. For example, many religious people (I am not religious by the way) remember the passage as being that the "Lion" shall lay down with the lamb, but in the current reality construct, the word "wolf" is there instead. Please bear with me here, I will get to the point as to how I think this strange "phenomenon" can be "tested" for ourselves, because when I used "The wolf shall lay down with the lamb" term just now in a search engine, although pictures of wolves do come up on display, a LOT of them actually had what looked like a "lion" in the images. This one in particular stands out ➡

Based on this observation, and from a suggestion made by one of the Mandeccted, I think it could possibly be tested by having a picture and drawing made of the weather on a particular day. And captioned. Then, remember to check the weather report a few months from now, for the particular day that said captioned picture/drawing was time stamped. If the weather report for that day was recorded as "sunny" in the historic records (and it would probably also be a good idea to caption what the weather report said so as to rule out the idea that you just missed the weather report), but your drawing/picture reflects that it was clearly raining all day, then something is obviously up.

Additionally, because so many "iconic" lines in popular songs and movies seem to be affected (although I personally think that today's mainstream songs and movies are mostly crap but that's besides the point other than the fact that I don't have any specific song/movie suggestion other than perhaps to use a search term something like "most popular movies/songs of 2019" or whatever), something similar could be done with an image/picture/drawing reflecting the current day lyrics/lines/etc., then checked a few months later every few months. The "picture/drawing" of what the lyrics/lines reflect is supposed to act as a "residual clue" even if the "wording" itself were to change. I don't have any specific suggestions, but I think that the "children" can give us a clue, such as the scenes that young children might try "make believe role playing" from a scene from a movie that they watched, regarding the "most likely" lines that may end up being (eventually) affected.

I am taking a "wild guess" here but I think the whole "Pirates versus Ninjas" theme might get affected by some alteration at some point eventually in the future (assuming that it hasn't already happened). Or maybe even the "Ninjago" logo itself (lots of different other company/product logos have apparently already been allegedly affected after all). If anybody has any better ideas on how to even attempt to test this strangeness I'm all for hearing it out.
It's a neat thing, but seems to be a bit unreliable and untestable