The ULMF Trail

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome to the Oregon Trail!
A couple notes before we begin though. Whenever I want you guys to start giving me choices, I'll underline the word for you. I'll bold things to make announcements like ailments, diseases, deaths, and the like. Also, during the trip I'll post screenshots of us travelling so that you can see our status and food supply. That way you guys can tell me whether we should hunt or not.

Another couple of notes. How hard do you want me to make this? Do you want all decisions to be made by yourselves and work together as a team to stick together. You guys can ask me how we're doing the entire time and I'll put up a status screen showing how we are and you guys can act accordingly.

Or do you want some of my help, which'll include hunting as I see fit, trading as profitably as I can, and changing our pacing and our food consumption.

Finally, do you guys want me to save as we go along? This means each time we reach a settlement, I'll save the game. So if we encounter a death, we can revert back to the save. In my opinion, that kinda sucks the fun out of trying to survive, but it's your choice. And it's not like I'm only planning to do this once. If you guys so wish it, I or someone else can host a new game if we lose.

But enough of that. I'm going to bore you with some boring history lessons that the game so kindly provided us with.

Now this is where I want to ask you guys something else. Do you actually want me to post up the information that the game provides us? Whenever we get to a settlement or a landmark, there's a guidebook that can give us some real history on whatever it is. Same goes with diseases and such. If I get a majority ruling on this, I'll post it as I update. If not, I'll just send whoever wants it a PM of the information.

So here we are at the beginning of our Trail. I'll take suggestions of our happy trailing companion names, as well as our Group Name.

Also, here's the help screen for our occupations:

So here's what I'm asking for right now: Our group name, the names of our companions, and our occupation.

The count so far: 0/8 for everything.

Last edited:

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The ULMF Trail

Group Name: Motherfuckin' Badasses
Companions:
Male 1
Male 2
Female 1
Female 2

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Group Name:
Fighting Mongooses

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I need some occupations and some names for our travelling cohorts who'll undoubtedly die from dysentery.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Group Name: Tentacle Express

Companions:
Professor McTalksalot
Ensign Redshirt
Mandatory Token Female
Mr. Cannon Fodder

Edit: I'm presuming you're meaning our companions need occupations? Otherwise go with doctor.

Last edited:
OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Hah. I wish we could give them each a job. Nope, sorry. The job applies to all of us. I better explain.

When we pick a job, EVERYBODY in the wagon is that job. So for example if we pick teacher, we're ALL teachers. And we don't each have $400. We're so dirt poor that altogether, we have $400.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, then I'm going to make a small alteration to that list.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll second Tentacle Express for Group.

And the only change in Phee's name list is we make Dark the leader instead of the Professor.

Or we could do Jungle Girl, Demon Girl, Mystic Girl and *ponders* Banner Girl (our chica in the bikini at the top of the forum.)

As for Job, I say blacksmith or Carpenter. It wasn't disease that got me, it was always the f'ing wagon breaking down and stuff getting stolen.

And since there'll be multiple playthroughs, nay on the save and I'd say only post stuff pertinent to our decision making processes.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I second THE FIGHTING MONGOOSES.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I approve of Phoenix's list.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

And since there'll be multiple playthroughs, nay on the save and I'd say only post stuff pertinent to our decision making processes.
So is everybody alright with what Copper said as well?

Group Names:
The Fighting Mongooses 3/9 (I'm voting for this one too. Who says I can't play? :p)
Tentacle Express 5/9
Motherfuckin' Badasses 1/9

NPC names:
Pheonix's list of names 4/9
Copper's list of names 2/9
Mo's list of names 1/9
Toxic's list of names 1/9
Obe's list of names 1/9

Job:
Farmer (Fuck yeah!) 1/9
Banker 1/9
Doctor 4/9
Blacksmith/Carpenter 3/9 (I've had problems there way more than silly old diseases. And everytime I try doctor, I ALWAYS die. I've only seen the "DCTR SAVD ME!" thing once! ONCE!)

Last edited:
OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I still need a job suggestion from Toxic, Shrike and Obe and NPC names from Toxic, Shrike and Obe.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Farmers
John McFucksheep
Billy McFuckgoat
Sally McFuckhorse
Bobby McFucksister

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I vote for blacksmith/carpenter, and Coppers list of names, as well as Tentacle express :)

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Doctor, against my better judgment. Damn quarter.

Walter Puffington
Chickiepoo Fluff
Kai-Lan (<3)
Obama

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I like Phoenix's list.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Y'know... I really should've checked this shit before I tried this out. Apparently this piece of shit only allows FOURTEEN FUCKING characters for the group name. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? YOU CAN'T MAKE A GOOD GROUP NAME IN FOURTEEN CHARACTERS!

Since it was Pheonix who won the vote, I'll let him choose the name. Sorry about all that guys.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

TentaclExpress

There, I compressed it to 14 characters.