What's new

Things that make you want to cry

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nickelodeon changed their logo! WHAT THE FUCK SERIOUSLY.

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

TWENTY FIVE FUCKING YEARS, THEY'VE HAD THE ORANGE SPLAT! WHY WOULD THEY GET RID OF THIS CLASSIC LOGO THAT REPRESENTS MY CHILDHOOD FOR SOME PLAIN, PIECE OF SHIT LOGO LIKE THIS!?

Discuss.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Things that make you want to cry

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

..that is all

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm alright with it, actually.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

How come whenever someone does something that really doesn't effect you guys, your childhoods are ruined? Seriously, they make a sub par G.I. Joe movie "oh god my childhood", Transformers "Oh god my childhood".

You guys have to realize you are no longer children. You being here is testamony to that fact. The world is changing and there is an entirely new generation below us that does not think the same way as us. All these new things coming out are not attempting to "destroy your childhood" as you all claim, but rather to bring everything into a new generation.

Are you so upset about change that doesn't really matter in the bigger picture?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How come whenever someone does something that really doesn't effect you guys, your childhoods are ruined? Seriously, they make a sub par G.I. Joe movie "oh god my childhood", Transformers "Oh god my childhood".

You guys have to realize you are no longer children. You being here is testamony to that fact. The world is changing and there is an entirely new generation below us that does not think the same way as us. All these new things coming out are not attempting to "destroy your childhood" as you all claim, but rather to bring everything into a new generation.

This is a bad post and I'm too lazy to type out why.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a part of the human condition. Humans mourn for the "innocence lost." It's backward and doesn't really accomplish much but hey posting on a forum doesn't really accomplish much either =P

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a part of the human condition. Humans mourn for the "innocence lost." It's backward and doesn't really accomplish much but hey posting on a forum doesn't really accomplish much either =P
There, that's what I was going to say. Only with more insults and capslock.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Well you were also probably going for a connotation of "I'm not actually getting worked up about it but it's funnier if I seem like I am." But other than that yes I think I did a good job reading your thoughts and putting them into text. Because I can do many things with my brain.

I can kill you with my brain. @_@

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I wasn't upset that the G.I Joe movie and the Transformers movies ruined my childhood. I was upset because they both had one thing in common:

THEY SUCKED ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF ASS.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I wasn't upset that the G.I Joe movie and the Transformers movies ruined my childhood. I was upset because they both had one thing in common:

THEY SUCKED ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF ASS.
Well, I won't argue that point at all. I've just heard lots of people complain about how the movies ruined their childhood.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

That would probably be that they remembered their childhood programs to be awesome.

The movies reminded them that either, their programs sucked. Or the people making the movies suck.

I assume most will assume the former.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, it doesn't ruin my childhood at all, for the most part I hated Nickelodeon as a kid, I'm simply mourning the chance for it's effect on kids today. I recognize how integral a part of childhood it was for most people, and it doesn't seem like children today will have the same experience is all.

Of course I'm objective, but I think being a child today? Seems like it sucks

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Personally? Most childrens networks aren't for children anymore. It's about teens. Teens, and turning them into emo fags. Either way, I think children should be taught the cold, hard truth about the world as early as possible so they can become useful quicker.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Toxic pretty much just put my thoughts on the matter into this forum. It's just been downhill since teletubbies.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh man, I remember the Teletubbies. And you're a Brit too, Alias?

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Every generation screams that the generation after it is being ruined or corrupted or whatever. So it goes.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

True. But that's not what we're saying. We're saying kids these days aren't as happy as we were because what we had now sucks. I mean fuck. You can't even hug other kids now.

@Oni: No, it aired in America. I didn't even know it had scarred another nation's children.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol Teletubbies was a British programme.