What's new

Thoughts on Tentacle Escape: Overlord

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
I wasn't sure were to put this. I think this is the right place. I had a weird dream last night, which gave me an interesting idea.

Miss Wiggle's Blue Spa
A beauty and massage parlour catered to women, run by a tentacle princess, and 'supplied' by her overlord in the basement (or in a dug out area beneath the shop for more room). The princess is the face and administrator of the shop, while the tentacle spawn provide the services and 'products'. Mind control is used to get the clients to just accept that tentacles doing things is completely normal, which is why the place will go unnoticed by the authorities.

The basic service is just a massage, performed by Blue Tentacles. It's a subtly erotic massage (naughty tentacles are naughty), but is otherwise a nice relaxing rub. Great after a workout.

The standard treatment package lasts all day. It starts with the basic massage that get steadily more intense (and naughty). Then the special 'elixir' is administered to the client, which is promoted as being nutritious and having revitalization effects. The extended lifespan is listed as a side effect to regular treatment.

The premium package adds a special relaxing bath after the ravenous administration of the aforementioned elixir. The client is pampered by well trained staff members and fed high energy foods to re-energizer them.

As half the staff works for joy of their job and all the materials and equipment are created in-house, the bottom line is very low. The huge profits could go into purchasing more and more real estate around the facility to expand it, and hire 'assistants' for the Blue Tentacles.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Thoughts on Tentacle Escape: Overlord

Love it. Love everything about it (except "Wiggles" maybe, but I can't think of an alternative off the top of my head).

What do you plan to do with it, though? Drop your current CYOA in favor for this, or work it in somehow?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Love it. Love everything about it (except "Wiggles" maybe, but I can't think of an alternative off the top of my head).

What do you plan to do with it, though? Drop your current CYOA in favor for this, or work it in somehow?
Meh, I dunno. I was just thinking aloud, really. It's based on the things I've been reading into in Serifyn's thread.

Thinking about it more and more, this is the kinda thing that Blue should have been doing all along. Integrating itself into human settlements and society as an entirely helpful business. After an initial setup (eight girls, by my calculation), the Blue Tentacles wouldn't even have to hunt and capture women since they'd be coming in on their own. With the rolling profits, there would be endless opportunities for franchising and opening more chains (spawn more overlords).

Eventually, there would be one of these shops in every town, and dozens in a city. And since women aren't taken out of the human breeding population, humans keep breeding at the normal rate (or better, if the Blue Tentacoo want to encourage it using mind control or something.) And because of the number of princesses (blue overlords can have several) and their continuously growing power (constant supply of women, and new ones regularly as 'business' expands) means that there would be a huge number of magically powerful women. Have them join the local militia, and wild rapist tentacle broods suddenly start having serious issues keeping their lairs intact and invasion free.

Now factor in that each Blue Lair would have the protection of the human settlement they provide services to, and compare those advantages to every other tentacle brood's abilities. The other tentacle broods would have to surrender to Blue and Humanity, or die out do to a population implosion caused by Blue's monopoly. Only green would survive, since they're hermits with small lairs. Orange and Pink might get by, if they can muster the guts and humility sell themselves out as a (para)military service or something (mighty Orange and zergling Pink tentacle spawn would make great support troops, maybe). And Black and Purple would be wiped out on the fact that all they bring is pain and death.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's in their nature to enslave, and it is in humanities nature to control, humans and tentacles cannot live in equal and peaceful co-existence, one side our always try to gain the upper hand over the other.

Tentacles in my CYOAs are always entirely unknown by the general human population, this is because if they were known to exist, the humans would either move away from them or seek them out to destroy them.

Although blue tentacles are generally less detrimental and usually more beneficial and benevolent in regards to humanity, they still have the ability to control someone's mind with their slime, because of this, humanity will always be at a disadvantage.

Humans are the natural prey of tentacles, and even if a peaceful co-existence were possible, it would be as if Humans in real life considered fish their equals.

All tentacles regardless of race, believe that humanity is beneath them and they deserve to be enslaved, exploited and controlled, they were after all, created for that sole purpose.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

What i can say, is than the_taken explanation looks to be the human point of view, if you take the time to think what blues are making is using the humans like their slaves without they can notice it, a complete mindwashing without make them know or affect them, in that way they have bigger resources, breeding livestock and even the human males can be used as soldiers and women producers.