What's new

ACT [Toffi]Fallen Angel Marielle

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score

Fallen Angel Marielle is an action-platformer, where you play as Marielle to fight your way through different Areas and floors in a magical tower.
It contains light roguelike-elements, where the floors are arranged differently each time you play the game.

You can pick up different upgrades to enhance your stats, find new moves and unlock a Shop, Gallery, Love-Room (for Events) and a Dojo to fight Bosses again.

The protagonist is Futanari, and all Sex-Animations are done with this in mind.
  • Female-on-Futa
  • Futa-on-Futa
  • Monstergirl-on-Futa
  • Tentacles-on-Futa
  • Machines-on-Futa
Controls:
Arrowkeys: Move
Y: attack
X: jump
C: Run
A: Interact
+: Zoom in
-= Zoom out
*= Zoom Reset
Esc= Pause
(can all be changed in the options)

The game is about 80-85% finished.
The most recent build includes 6 Areas and 5 Bosses (v24). v16, released earlier this year, is freely available to everyone. The other builds are available as a thank-you to my patrons on Patreon.
The finished game will be free for everyone.

Toffi

Hey there!

After a pretty long break I decided to start making games again. I switched from Fighter Maker to Game Maker and used the last few weeks to built a foundation for an action platformer.
Since the start in a new programming language is always difficult and also very important to lay the groundwork for all future content, I'd be happy if you guys would take a look at the first demo and give me some feedback.

At the moment it only includes one room, the playable character (Marielle), a few targets to practice and one tentacle-pit (with 1 Sex animation).

I want to make a game which doesn't only rely on sexual content but is also fun to play, so please try it out and give me your impressions.
  • are the controls intuitive and responsive?
  • does Marielle move like you expect her to?
  • does is feel too sluggish? Or too fast?
  • do you feel like there are movement options missing?
  • does the collision work like you feel it should?
  • is the combo-system working?
  • are there any bugs?
  • and anything else that caught your attention
Further information also on my blog:

Also, big warning: this game will be, just like my last games, very heavy on Futanari. So if that isn't your thing, please don't play the game.

Toffi

Last edited:

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey Toffi, welcome back! I'm very happy that you're again making games, and also excited to see what your creativity can do without the limitations of Fighter Maker!

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Looks good :)
Bug: It's possible to duplicate MC in H-scene.
Image example:
How to replicate: Try to press Attack button while crouching in tentacle-pit.

Controls are intuitive and responsive, MC moves exactly like I expect her to. It doesn't look sluggish or too fast either. I expected a double-jump from the start, but figured you might reserved for later (maybe as a skill). Collision works fine. Combo style is working (combo counter currently shows 4 for me).

I'm a fan of H-platformer games so I will definitely look forward to updates

Last edited:

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Shows promise, definitely feels smooth and handles well. That big jump on the far right is a little too fine-tuned for my tastes, but I was never a big platformer to begin with. My one complaint so far is that I'd like there to be a hold or toggle option for sprinting other than double tapping movement, maybe hold shift or something like that. Will make it much, much less annoying in later stages when you want to be running all the time but don't want to be spamming the arrow keys.

OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback so far!

Looks good :)
Bug: It's possible to duplicate MC in H-scene.
Image example:
How to replicate: Try to press Attack button while crouching in tentacle-pit.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. The hitbox while crouching is a big wider than normal, so when Marielle gets teleported onto the tentacles for the animation to play, if she was crouching beforehand, for 1 frame she will also trigger the next tentacletrap if they are too close together. Fixed that.

Shows promise, definitely feels smooth and handles well. That big jump on the far right is a little too fine-tuned for my tastes, but I was never a big platformer to begin with. My one complaint so far is that I'd like there to be a hold or toggle option for sprinting other than double tapping movement, maybe hold shift or something like that. Will make it much, much less annoying in later stages when you want to be running all the time but don't want to be spamming the arrow keys.
Enabling another option for dashing shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll look into that.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Eh. Loved Toffi stuff when it wasn't all a futafest 24/7. Gamplay is solid and art skill is undeniable as always but won't be following this further.

Rsync

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Not much problem on movement, all solid and ready I guess.
You probably would like to add some way so player can look down below.

OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
Toffi did say there was a solid plan for a yuri game in the July 16th blog post.
Yeah, well, at that time I did have a solid plan. But a lot has changed since then (changing engines, other games with similar content were released, my mindset towards game-making changed), and for now I want to concentrate on the Futa stuff. It's something I have enjoyed making the most over the last few years and the thing I enjoy doing the most at the moment.

So while I won't rule out any pure yuri game at the moment, please don't wait for it.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The game is coming along nicely so far! I especially love that walk animation haha if I were to say anything about the controls I'd say the jump feels a bit floaty and has a delay to it when you press the jump button, but it's not too bad. Glad to see you're back at making games and good luck with everything! ^-^

Somburliss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
  • are the controls intuitive and responsive?
I often enjoy having the up arrow work as the jump key, maybe in addition to the X key. Particularly when hanging from ledges, it feels strange to have the down arrow drop, but the up arrow do nothing. This isn't a huge deal though, especially if you plan on binding something else to the up arrow later. Everything else makes sense.​
  • does Marielle move like you expect her to?
For the most part, yes. One issue I had was with running. In many games, your run status is maintained after you land . Marielle always resets to walking when you land, and you have to begin running again.​
  • does is feel too sluggish? Or too fast?
There's something I noticed with the jump attack that I can't really call "wrong", just kinda strange feeling. The jump itself has a brief delay and a fairly long duration, but the jump attack comes out immediately and has almost no duration at all. You can fire off two of them during Marielle's standard jump length. You can also "eat" a jump attack because, if you quickly press X then Z while she's prepping for her jump, the attack input is lost. I might just be nitpicking at this.​
  • do you feel like there are movement options missing?
No, it feels pretty complete in this regard.​
  • does the collision work like you feel it should?
Yep! But I was able to kill the rightmost tentacle through the wall with jump kicks. I wouldn't complain as a player, but as the developer you might not want that to happen.​
  • is the combo-system working?
I noticed that rapidly pressing Z does not produce a fluid combo, but instead has sporadic gaps in it both while standing and crouching. Some games punish players for mashing and want them to learn the correct timing for the combos. If that's what you want, then it seems to be working as intended. If not, then the combos need work to keep up with fast keypresses. Also, should you be able to perform a walking combo? Because you can. Your combo counter is not reset when walking forward.​
  • are there any bugs?
You already found the H animation duplication bug above. I haven't found any more, unless you consider any of the above a bug.​
  • and anything else that caught your attention
You're saving platformers with features like camera zoom and ledge hanging. These are great!​

Don't mistake my criticism for disliking the demo. I'm actually really excited for it because it seems better than most action H-games I've played. I'll be looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck!

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
  • are the controls intuitive and responsive? - Yes. Then again, rebinding is always welcome. One thing for me tough is that I prefer a dedicated runnig button instead of double tap.
  • does Marielle move like you expect her to? - More or less. Running speed could be a little faster, and crouching speed a bit slower. The jumping height being "locked" instead of responding to the amount of time you pressed the button takes some time to get used to, but if that ties into your level design later, its no big deal.
  • does is feel too sluggish? Or too fast? - feels a bit sluggish. Again, that in itself is not necessarelly bad, all depends on your vision for the game: either fast paced or more calculated movement.
  • do you feel like there are movement options missing? - I found myself pressing up when hanging on a ledge, it would feel natural to have her just climb-up the ledge faster than a jump, if the ledge she's hanging from has valid floor above.
  • does the collision work like you feel it should? - Yes. Tough the jumping kick hitbox could be extented a bit more upwards
  • is the combo-system working? - If you press the button slow and timed, then yes. A lot of people are used to spaming attack tough, and in this case the combo seems a bit funky to register. Once i understood that slow and timed works, it felt fine.
  • are there any bugs? - Couldn't find any.
  • and anything else that caught your attention - The default zoom seems way too zoomed in, but since you can easily change it, it's no biggie.
Overall that's some pretty solid base engine. I absolutelly love your work and can't wait to see how Fallen Angel will turn out. Welcome back!

Larsviking

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Awsome to se you back toffi
English is not my first language. So i hope i can make you understand.

Im a bit off a fan off the non futa stuff you made so more futa is not what i relly look into i relly liked the facesitting femdom you made ! :).
But i tested your demo and it is a little sluggish and feels alot like your playing a robot.
To explain, it feels allot like in order to get from 1 platform to a other one you have to do a sertan jump or action.
instead of having more free movment and pace this make the game feel very slugish.
I think you are aware off this alredy but the bakround sort off is off sinc so when your moving around the bakround goes pixely.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Based on my personal preferences for action games and H games it still needs...

A way to react to enemy attacks; dodge, block, etc...

Struggle mechanics that aren't to easy. Pressing X for instant escape just doesn't do it for me, though I'm assuming that's just a placeholder.

That last jump to be shorter. Such finely tuned jumps are the height of frustration when playing platformers.

P.S. I'm not the biggest fan of Futa MC either, I like Futa but only when they're assaulting non Futa. If it's the Author's preference though I can deal with it. (I thought it was sad when Amazon Kara got an "upgrade" in Amazon Brawl. Or in general when the entire cast became Futa instead of just half the cast.)

Last edited:
OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm not sure I can address everything, but I'll do my best.

For one, I added the option of climbing up a ledge by pressing up, which will be included in the next demo.

That last jump to be shorter. Such finely tuned jumps are the height of frustration when playing platformers.
It was more for me to get an idea of how far the character can go; it doesn't mean the finished game will have pits that large.

Speaking of frustration:
Struggle mechanics that aren't to easy. Pressing X for instant escape just doesn't do it for me, though I'm assuming that's just a placeholder.
You're the first one I met who actually wants it that way. It seems like mashing buttons to struggle is the norm for this genre, but every feedback (literally 100%) so far I received on this was frustration and the wish for an alternative (which I then started to include in my games). Fallen Angel is actually the first game where I was going to omit the mashing completely.

Also, about the Futa content: I know there are people who don't like it and don't want to see the content done in that way, but preferences are just that: preferences. I'm not going to engage in a discussion on what would be better or not or what has a wider appeal. Sure, if I didn't make it Futa, there would probably me more people who would enjoy it; but that is not what I am aiming for.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't mind the mashing type struggle if it gets progressively harder somehow until you see the finish animation, like how in shinobi girl it gets progressively harder until you can no longer escape and then get defeated after one or two more. A good idea I see in some games is some kind of lust meter that fills and as it gets filled it becomes harder to struggle free, once an animation completes without you escaping then the lust meter resets. An animation completing would have negative consequences like a bit of health loss or a status effect.

Mashing made right is good since it doesn't distract you to much but you still have to struggle if you don't want to lose, sooner or later you should see an animation complete even when you're trying your best to win.

Mashing done wrong is no better than just looking in the gallery and to me at least it's boring. That is to say, instant or very easy escapes. Being able to watch from beginning to end while having the ability to escape whenever you feel like it, boring, might as well be vanilla sex.

That's my thought anyways. Other systems can work, directional inputs and such, they're just a bit more distracting so it's harder to enjoy yourself.

afhc2x17

Lurker
Reputation score
I didn't know that Toffi was still making games! About the futanari, everyone's gonna have it, including the MC? Thanks in advance, I will keep an eye on this game!

Edit: Never mind, I found the answer, thanks anyway, but it's not my kink.

Last edited: