What's new

Translator Aggregator Question

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sorry if this is off topic, but I had no idea where else I could ask this question.

Been trying to get this thing working, but every game I try to run it with gives me the error:

"Unable to inject App Translator.dll into process."

As much as I've searched, I can't seem to find any topics anywhere about this particular error message, and I'm not exactly sure where else to ask. I have AGTH as well, but if it's working right or not I can't say. This is my first time trying to use this stuff.

Thanks for any advice.

OP
L

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Translator Aggregator Question

No,

It's basically another version of ATLAS. A Jap->Eng translating program for games. I realize I should ask on the Hongfire forums, but I hate those forums and don't have an account there, so I figured I'd check here first.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

No,

Anyway, sorry but I definitely can't help you with this program. Even though you hate Hongfire for whatever reason, you might be most successful by getting an account on HF and asking there. Of course, if someone's able to help you out here, that's great, but I think "the source" remains the best place to soak up information.

Either way, good luck to you for fixing your problem!

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

I assume you're using win 10 so check this link... Maybe you find the solution there

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hm, maybe your problem is that you forgot to use a text hooker like ITH(InteractiveTextHooker)?

When machine translating a game directly so to actually get a grip of the story I always use ITH to hook the text, only while translating I manually insert the Japanese letters from a .txt file via copy paste into TA(TranslationAggregator) thus not needing a text hooker.

Hope that helps, kinda!? :)

OP
L

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hm, maybe your problem is that you forgot to use a text hooker like ITH(InteractiveTextHooker)?

When machine translating a game directly so to actually get a grip of the story I always use ITH to hook the text, only while translating I manually insert the Japanese letters from a .txt file via copy paste into TA(TranslationAggregator) thus not needing a text hooker.

Hope that helps, kinda!? :)

I'm using AGTH (Anime Game Text Hooker) and the games in question are mostly RPG Maker games. I've checked my system and I do have the .dll in question, but no matter how I play with it, it is still giving me that bug. AGTF and TA both don't seem to function at all. AGTH will load up, but it won't actually hook any of the text.

sanahtlig

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

AGTH (included with Translation Aggregator) is an outdated tool for text hooking. You'll want to use one of the newer ones. You can keep Translation Aggregator for translation display.

For hooking, I use ITHVNR. It's compatible with Windows 10 and can be used in tandem with Translation Aggregator (instead of launching the hook with AGTH, use ITHVNR instead). It incorporates years of custom engine hooks that AGTH doesn't.

Be warned that both ITHVNR and Translation Aggregator need to be run as an administrator or you'll get strange errors. Security software like antivirus programs will also interfere, blocking or deleting files necessary for the programs to function.

OP
L

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I see. Can I set TA to run ITHVNR on launch like it does for AGTH? Is their a way of making these two programs work together?

(Also, shutting down Avast temporarily made the error message stop, at the very least.)

EDIT: NVMD, I got it. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: