What's new

Translator ++

slybeast99

Reputation score
I'm not too sure if this is the place to post this but I've seen other translator tools posted here so l think I'm good.

I also want to point out that l am not the creator of this tool but its a translation tool that l found that l feel has some actual benefit compared to others and its in its very early stages and l wanted to post it here so people can see it and hopefully it can get some traction and support.

l love translators and l especially love RPGM translations ldk why some people don't like RPGM but l do and as an English speaker l hope translators see this and think 'yeah this could be helpful'

Predatorpulsado

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Tried it out and it works great. No more having to use workarounds for the color change and name ruby commands when autotranslating, only issue is sometimes it puts a random space after the \ and you have to go in and find all those instances and fix them so you don't get upcase errors in RPGM.

Thanks for sharing this, will make playing a bunch of my backlogged games way easier, especially the MV and Wolf games.

OP
S

slybeast99

Reputation score
Happy to share, like l said l want translators to see this and hopefully it will make life easier for them and more translations come out!!! XD

alan0n

Reputation score
This is pretty nice software. The UI for making adjustments before exporting is exceptionally useful. Especially considering I was doing it before with several notepad++ windows.

Not too crazy about the reliance on google though. The limit to use on it is just plain irritating. It has some issues with exporting JSON files also. But still a nice tool.

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This is the BEST tool out there right now. It's soooooooooo fucking good. The guy who made this is most likely a professional.

I'm translating a game now, Find and Replace super helpful.

There's no reliance on Google. It's a Google integration which doesn't work for me for some reason

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score
this somehow doesnt work for me.
im stuck at the loading screen after selecting the game.exe from the new project. it stays at 0.
do u guys know the workaround?

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
im stuck at the loading screen after selecting the game.exe from the new project. it stays at 0.
Try do install ruby
And download the latest translation version! It's the one with a smaller size!

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is the dev on here? Can someone give him the following feedback?

The Find and Replace option does not allow you to search the original text. I had to manually add a column with the same text as the original, then I can Find and Replace. Really annoying.

The Put function also replaces the entire block of text, instead of by line; which I think is intentional but it's otherwise useless unless you look for a huge chunk of text.

Other than that, there's some text I can't translate but I think that's because the RPG Maker MV game I'm translating uses still images for some UI elements. Namely the h-status screen.

Aver

Reputation score
i am very interested in this translation tool. since it says it can helps translate a WOLF RPG game. but after download and tried it in my computer, i just can't open it. this is what i encountered:

why is that box show up? even though i used Win 7 Sp1 32-bit.

Attachments

alan0n

Reputation score
Just fyi the latest release (1.2.8) is actually freely available to download on his patreon. Its a tool worth looking at if you like this kind of thing.

bazeeeng

Reputation score
i am very interested in this translation tool. since it says it can helps translate a WOLF RPG game. but after download and tried it in my computer, i just can't open it. this is what i encountered:

why is that box show up? even though i used Win 7 Sp1 32-bit.

from what I know, the tool doesn't support 32-bit, yet.
you can upgrade your OS or do what the dev said

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Does this also decrypt RPG file or no?

fumeknight

Reputation score
this might seems a litttttle bit late ,but for whom ever is having the same problem ,try to shorten the path to the game executable, like make sure the folder name and path are short
for the path ,just move the folders for the game and the translator to a hard drive with no folders in-between
that fixed the problem for me

ParaPara15

Reputation score
Is it possible to insert newlines through the find/replace feature? Tried \n or <br> and neither seemed to work (just added \n or <br> to the string in both Translator++ and RPG maker without creating an actual line break). Is there some other way to do this?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Is it possible to insert newlines through the find/replace feature? Tried \n or <br> and neither seemed to work (just added \n or <br> to the string in both Translator++ and RPG maker without creating an actual line break). Is there some other way to do this?
I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Come to think of it, I can't even create a new line editing a column; I could only copy/paste from a 2+ lines cell, and edit the resulting lines.

If someone knows of a workaround, I'd also be quite interested.