What's new

[Complete - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Lady Knight Saga (RJ081295) (English Translation)

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
DLSite:
Couldn't find a thread for it.

Here is my second translation, done with the help of kanji reader and online dictionaries, done on RPGMakerTrans. I cannot guarantee this translation in 100% correct.

The difficulty of this was incomparable to that of my previous project. Saying that I bit off more than I could chew is an understatement. This has been a half-year struggle that left me a shell of my former self. I'm not even kidding about that, as this thing has had a measurably negative effect on my day-to-day life.

Was it worth it? More or less. Being able to give back to the same community who provided translations for other games from this circle, and thus so much enjoyment for me is certainly something I'm proud of. But still, I decided that I wouldn't take any more projects that were anywhere near as big as this one for now, as I want to focus on actually learning japanese properly, which will make my following projects much, much easier. I may do some small things here and there, but mostly I'm gonna be studying for now.

Patch is in the attached files.

Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Use RPGMakerTrans, targeting the RPGMKTRANSPATCH.
3 - Afterwards, copy the file on the Post-Patch Files folder to the translated game's Data folder. Overwrite.

TL Notes

- The post-patch file serves to fix the naming screen to allow Stella to have her canon name, as originally the character limit for the name was only 4 characters, and thus she would end up being called Stel instead.
- Many more notes included in a file inside the folder.

Attachments

Last edited:

lmaccount

Lurker
Reputation score
Wow! This is incredible work!!!!! Thanks so much!! Surprised there isn't a thread as well.

MintyOne

Reputation score
Never thought I'd ever see a TL of this, and wouldn't have had you not done it, thanks OP!

Dndndndn

Reputation score
Thanks a lot! I wasn't expecting any of their older games being translated.

danielson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Some time ago I made a translation for this game for the latest version (1.10) in the japanese name thread, but that doesn't really matter because all the changes/scripts that came with the latest version is included in my translation (in all of the rvdata files), so it works with earlier versions. I made the translation with my english knowledge manually in the RPG MAKER VX editor but left out only most of the H-scenes. Please check it and tell me your opinion.

Btw, I was kind of a big fan for Tsukinomizu and the reason I translated this game was because no one touched it and it's their first game!

Link: https://ulmf.org/threads/redinaito_saaga-to-rj081295.2653/page-3#post-1025626

Last edited:

ViRy

Reputation score
You are a legend man, congrats for your hard work