What's new

[Complete - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle (RJ088554) (English Translation)

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
DLSite:
Game Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/tsukinomiz...onkuronikuru-re088554-rj088554-rpgmaker.3160/

Here is my fourth translation, done with the help of kanji reader and online dictionaries, done on RPGMakerTrans. I cannot guarantee this translation in 100% correct. But just to make it clear, this is a manual translation not an MTL.

So, I've decided to do the patch in parts this time. This will be the first of three releases. I've been doing relatively well in the couse of this translation, so I don't think it will take overly long for me to finish it. It's nice to get back to well-programmed games. This one is certainly more primitive than the other Naedoko, and it has some weird mechanics, but it's still pretty fun to play.

Changelog:

1.0 Full Release April 17/2022
- Story fully translated, including bonus content
- 37/37 H-Scenes Translated
- 7/7 Monster Scenes Translated
-29/29 Traps Translated
- 80/80 Monsters Translated
- 40/40 Treasures Translated
- 21/21 Images Translated (Credit to rizo for the image editing)

0.7 Second Release February 25/2022
- Story translated up until partway through Refugee Village
- 25/37 H-Scenes Translated
- 6/7 Monster Scenes Translated
-24/29 Traps Translated
- 58/80 Monsters Translated
- 30/40 Treasures Translated
- 18/21 Images Translated (Credit to rizo for the image editing)

0.4 Initial Release January 10/2022
- Story translated up until Cave of the Flower Goddess
- 14/37 H-Scenes Translated
- 5/7 Monster Scenes Translated
-12/29 Traps Translated
- 34/80 Monsters Translated
- 13/40 Treasures Translated

Patch is in the attached files.

Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Use RPGMakerTrans, targeting the RPGMKTRANSPATCH.
3 - Afterwards, copy the folders in the Post-Patch Files folder to the translated game's main folder (The one with the executable). Mix folders and overwrite.

TL Notes

- The post-patch file serves to fix the naming screen to allow Puniko to have her canon name, as the default actor name is different from the default name on the naming screen, so the actor name translation would only translate her name in the first fight, since the naming event occurs afterwards and specifically sets a default name for that screen.
- The second post-patch file serves to change Puniko's name back to her generic default name when starting NG+, instead of the japanese version of said generic name.
- The translated images show up when you use the Self-Checker item.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Now, one of the reasons for the release of the partials is that I'm asking for some help. Specifically, I need people to edit images. Here is what the default images look like:
1641831394722.png
And here is how they show up in game:
1641831430014.png
I would, of couse, provide the translations. Hopefully people are interested in helping.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Feels so empty in here... Anyway, here's an interesting story about this translation:
- I translate things as I come across them in my test playthrough, then I redo the sections to check if editing is needed. I got to the section where you get a lot of new monsters at the same time, translated their names, classes and stuff and went to get them in my test file. But while everything else is translated, their names aren't for some reason. I check the game files and see that the names are translated in them. So I'm stumped.
- Until I realize something weird: My newest save files are over twice as big than the ones from slightly earlier. So I check them and realize what the issue was. For some reason that I don't have the necessary knowledge to determine, after the event in the game that results in the party being reduced to just one member, the saves bork out and start registering every single actor in the game as being in the party, even the ones you're hours away from recruiting.
- And save files have to register actor names in order to keep track of nameable characters, so save files made after that event registered all the actors I hadn't yet translated the names of, having the files keep the japanese names of the characters. There were ways to fix that after I figured out what was happening, but it's still a bit of an annoyance.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Now, one of the reasons for the release of the partials is that I'm asking for some help. Specifically, I need people to edit images. Here is what the default images look like:
View attachment 42528
And here is how they show up in game:
View attachment 42529
I would, of couse, provide the translations. Hopefully people are interested in helping.
What exactly do you need done? You just want the grey text on those boxes turned into English? If so It shouldn't be that hard since you're providing the text/images. Throw them in a zip folder and I'll have a look at them. Let me know if there's anything in particular needing done other than just replacing text.

SleepyUser

Reputation score
How much have you translated?

I was doing the translation on F95zone and I am around the arena floor.

I am planning on dropping it if someone else decided to translate it and I don't mind sending whatever I have done till then, although it may be useless due to naming conventions being different.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm already on the fire dungeon, though I still need to translate the street racer ticket quest.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Okay, I have some more things to talk about. The first is sort of a confession, there were a few things that should have been translated in the first patch but weren't. I have since translated them, and I thought it would be interesting to share.
- The first is the text for one of the skills in the first Noir fight. I missed this one because it is actually not a skill that's on her skill list, but something that's force-used via an event, and it is only used if the boss doesn't have her attack debuffed at the time (which you would almost always do to her). I checked the other event fights to see if I had missed something else like that, but none of the fights I translated in the first patch had anything else I had missed.
- The second is for the alternative way to get H-Scene 4 if you make the soldiers leave the area without getting the scene first. It's pretty weird, since it happens in the area of the first fight against Noir, where two soldiers will spawn in the northeast room and getting close will lead to a short dialogue (4 textboxes or something) before you get the H-scene, but they actually won't be there when you first go through the area. You actually need to head to the next room and beat the soldiers. If you beat them through force, you can immediately backtrack to the previous room and the special soldiers will have spawned. But if you beat them through seduction instead, you'll actually need to go forward another room before backtracking, or they won't be there. It's super weird.
- The third is in the arena. There is unique dialogue for losing the exhibition match. Losing any of the actual arena fights gives you generic dialogue (though you get other rewards), it's just this one that's different.

And as far as I know, those are the only things I missed in that patch. Regarding translation progress, I am currently translating the things related to the third set of nurseries. There is still a good bit to go before I release the second patch.

Last edited:
OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
When I said that, I knew that I would find something else I missed. And sure enough, turns out I missed an item, and thus an item get text in the arena. Specifically from checking the throne from behind. It is also translated now.

In other news, only in Tsukinomizu Project games would I see that the next thing to translate is a gang rape scene and think "sounds like a pleasant break". This is what the horrors of those games have done to me.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And it seems like the arena is my weakness, as I found yet another thing I missed there. It's the guy in the waiting room that talks about how strong the B-Rank is. You see, when I saw that he had more dialogue, I thought it was something that would trigger after I beat said B-Rank.

Turns out, no. You just need to be naked. I guess my dislike of going around without clothes in these games would bite me in the ass sometimes.

Also, it's pretty weird. Up to the point I've translated, there were only 4 pieces of dialogue that would trigger when naked, three of those (including this one) are in the arena. While the other one is in Hobbit Village.

In progress news, I've started translating Refugee Village. And I'm actually not going to translate everything from it for the next patch, but only the initial events. Things just worked out badly and I don't want to delay the second patch for an extra two weeks or however much it would take to finish all of the numerous events around that particular place.

So, it probably won't take too much longer for the release of the next patch. Look forward to that.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And it is here. The patch and changelog are in the opening post. I'll once again thank rizo for editing the images, as now the patch also contains translated images.

Also, you still need to use the post patch files even if you had done so in the previous patch. Not only because of the addition of the images, but also because the patching process undoes changes made by said files. (That's why they're specifically post-patch)

I intend on releasing the full translation next, so there will be no more partial patches for this, I believe.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Small translation update: Currently still trapped inside Refugee Village. I stil need to translate two more H-Scenes, plus the story events, plus all of the long events related to the warp destination. And after all that, I will still need to translate the events that unlock as soon as you do the story events in Refugee Village (which include two more H-Scenes). Only after that is done, will I be able to actually start translating the next floor of the dungeon (Floor 1).

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And today, I have finally finished translating everything up to the story events in Refugee Village. This would be a more natural stopping point for the patch, but not only would that mean said patch would be delayed until now, it would also mean releasing the patch with 29 H-Scenes, thus leaving only 8 left for the final patch, which is too little for my tastes.

Oir

Reputation score
Oh what the hell, this is another Tsukinomizu game? I thought it was just another name for Naedoko' Demon's Ground so I didn't even click the thread.
Tsukinomizu games are so long and text heavy. It's a big big project for any translator to take - thanks for doing it!

Gummiel

Reputation score
haha, yeah some of their games do have very similar names xD

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Translation update:

Today, I have finished translating the last of the trap text in the game. Both the trap room as well as the trap text in the common events are completely translated. Of the things I'm tracking in the changelog, this is the first to be finished, so it feels cool. Soon enough I will translate the last monster scene, so those will be completed as well. In terms of story, I'm still slowly going through floor 1. This place is extremely dense in terms of things to be translated.

Gummiel

Reputation score
You mentioned "floor 1" a couple times by now, how many floors are there in total?

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Oh what the hell, this is another Tsukinomizu game? I thought it was just another name for Naedoko' Demon's Ground so I didn't even click the thread.
Tsukinomizu games are so long and text heavy. It's a big big project for any translator to take - thanks for doing it!
Yes, Demon's Ground basically builds on the system that initially appeared in this game.

Good work on the translation so far! During lockdown I decided to replay all the circle's games in order; my final savefile for Dungeon Chronicles ended at around twenty and a half hours, to give some idea of the length involved with this project. I like how nearly all the games are in a shared universe; wonder if there's a wiki or something somewhere that shows you all the connections?

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
You mentioned "floor 1" a couple times by now, how many floors are there in total?
It's kinda hard to say. At one point you end up in an area where it says that it is "equivalent to floors 5-7" or whatever, and there is also a special area of floor 9 you only access after reaching floor 8 (you start at floor 10 and work your way up). And even after going through floor 1 and leaving the dungeon, there is still more to the game afterwards.

Gummiel

Reputation score
I like how nearly all the games are in a shared universe; wonder if there's a wiki or something somewhere that shows you all the connections?
Pretty sure they are ALL in the same universe not just most of them (and release order and ingame chronologi seem to match as well)
It's kinda hard to say. At one point you end up in an area where it says that it is "equivalent to floors 5-7" or whatever, and there is also a special area of floor 9 you only access after reaching floor 8 (you start at floor 10 and work your way up). And even after going through floor 1 and leaving the dungeon, there is still more to the game afterwards.
Ahh, so I assume that actually means you are done with the rest of the floors of that dungeon already, and just need to then do the rest out of dungeon parts?

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Pretty sure they are ALL in the same universe not just most of them (and release order and ingame chronologi seem to match as well)
"Nightmare Girls" is the one I was unsure of, as I haven't got to that in my replay throughs yet, and it's set in a different world.
Of course, given that one of the major characters in the usual universe is isekai-ed from our real world, you could say there's definitely a connection there anyway.