What's new

Types of musicians and "your 3 pennies" about them

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score
Im far from having any basic knowledge about the subject but would like to hear everybody oppinions (and have an excuse to get some cool links to some nice finds) about the type of musicians they (value more) like to listen to

To put it plainly i think they are two types of musicians:

Thoose who improvise (not sure if thats a proper word to describe) - who dont play an exact copy of the oryginal (from hearing)

Example-

And perfectionists who actually nails it (the right rhythm, tempo) even with different instrument

Example-

Personally i like to listen to both types and don't favor one over another since listening to the music in any "form" can be a great experience for me.

If you ppl know about some other types that i didn't mention and maybe would like to correct what i just wrote in any way feel free to educate.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Types of musicians and "your 3 pennies" about them

For what it's worth, no good musician plays EXACTLY from the score. Why? Because the score doesn't have all the information. It has the tempo, the notes, and some rough guidelines. But all the little details that make the music actually come alive - the little changes in the tempo, the changes in the volume, all the little details that come from the instrument like how you can pluck the strings of a guitar in different ways to make the sound sharper or duller - all those come from the musician.

OP
Mr NunSense

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

For what it's worth, no good musician plays EXACTLY from the score. Why? Because the score doesn't have all the information. It has the tempo, the notes, and some rough guidelines. But all the little details that make the music actually come alive - the little changes in the tempo, the changes in the volume, all the little details that come from the instrument like how you can pluck the strings of a guitar in different ways to make the sound sharper or duller - all those come from the musician.
Heh, based on what you just clarified(it must be a common knowledge to anyone) its not even worth to sort musicians the way i did. Yet another goof on my account. Im living up to my...nickname :cool: Thanks for sorting things out

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

The sound alone put me in a music euphoria, the lyrics are well thought out and shows me how complex a human being can be. Even if the soul is clear as glass you can still see the cracks and dirt in it. I love it!

*Edit thought you meant artist.

iloveme2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Shadowlord (white note remix)
I loved the game and the music really brought the experience together

OP
Mr NunSense

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

The sound alone put me in a music euphoria, the lyrics are well thought out and shows me how complex a human being can be. Even if the soul is clear as glass you can still see the cracks and dirt in it. I love it!

*Edit thought you meant artist.
Thats ok and MAN, thats a nice one! I've heard something from him before but not that.
Ahhh lyrics, i have this (lets call it AMAZING ABILITY) ;) that i can switch off completely to them and judge if the combination of music-voice/s tone/s are to my liking.
Seriously, dude could be singing about slaughtering his whole family and eating them afterwards and i could still hit the fave button.(i know that from autopsy)

That "braindead" skill gives me a much wider option to enjoy many different genres i think
Your "listening to lyrics"skill deffinetely lets you pick the "quality over quantity" ones. :cool:

Sadistik- orange-euphoria- Il take a wild guess, maybe you like it so much cause of the atmosphere voice/s and the echo effect which takes you back to all good time you experienced so far.

Thanks for shearing both thoughts and the link

iloveme2 - didn't play the game and "Song of the ancients fate" was what i needed today. Thx for the right direction

Last edited: