What's new

RPG Patreon Active [M.Schneider] HoeRizon (version 0.0.71)

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Patreon_Pic_1 (4).jpg

What is HoeRizon?

The idea is to make a post-apocalyptic, open-world action RPG with a sexual twist. As a player, your goal is to survive and change the world around you. However, even in a harsh world, people still need some human intimacy. Discover, socialize, influence. You will be able spread your seed around the world, you just need better armor and weapons to survive the travels between different locations - different locations, different people to interact with.

Current features
  • Interactable NPC that includes: marketplace/sexual relief/quests
  • Leveling system
  • Character class with active skills
  • Day and night cycle
  • Interactable objects that can be looted
  • Building system (only works within headquarters)
  • Quests with various objectives and rewards
  • Physics objects that can be carried/dropped/stacked
  • Save/load system
  • Character creation
  • Video settings/key rebinding
  • Fast travel
  • Weapon system
  • Character customization
  • Weapon upgrade system
  • Dynamic weather/sky
  • Clothing system
  • Companion manager
  • Drivable vehicle
  • Open world system
  • Ability to play as male or female
Version: 0.0.71
Language: English
Platform: Windows 64-bit (linux coming soon)
Discord:
Download:
Patreon:

Important - we have made a special code system for patrons, meaning that some features will be locked for non-patrons. At the end of each month we will release 1 build for everyone, just patrons will get a special code that they will be able to use in game. After each new build comes out, we will share all the previous codes so everyone could unlock all the features for free. We think that this method is more consumer friendly instead of delaying public builds for 3 months or so that most of the other projects do. So when a new build comes out you won't have to wait for a specific period of time and will be able to check how the development of our game is advancing in addition unlocking all the features for the previous version.

Change log
Version 0.0.7

Changelog

• Characters body now bends depending if he is looking up or down (before it was only working while aiming)
  • Weapon reload time will now be displayed on screen
  • Added quick slots for items like medkits
  • Item scanner (by pressing TAB it will highlight pickable items)
  • Whole world map will now be displayed by pressing M
  • Map UI displays quest progress and locations
  • Quest distance and location is displayed on screen
  • Instance based map system (some explicit places will be loaded separately to provide even better performance while being in that place)
  • New location - Sex bar
  • New BDSM animations
  • Rock will get wet during rain
  • Added weapon and hair texture quality settings (for better performance)
  • Improved landscape
Bug fixes

• Aim down sights animation would snap the weapon to an incorrect socket
  • Releasing aim down sights button plays an incorrect animation for a moment
  • Bullet leaves the weapon with an incorrect angle
  • Sometimes player can shoot himself in the leg
  • When player stops moving or swaps a weapon, leg animation does a weird transition
  • Longer text pops out of the intended text box
  • Opening main UI (for example map by pressing M) and switching to the inventory window, wouldn't load the inventory slots
  • Opening vehicle spawner interface might hard-lock the game
  • Fixed alien grass emissive
  • Clothes are no longer pixelating
  • Fixed tree colors

Version 0.0.71

Fixes/Improvements

• Game wouldn't save while driving a vehicle
  • Exiting and entering the vehicle might break the game
  • Sometimes quest progress wouldn't save
  • At the bar female's breasts would make a strange glitch
  • Hair would have an impact on performance
  • Fixed lighting inside the sex bar
  • Road material improved
  • Better landscape material during rain
  • Improved character's skeleton for better animation pipeline
  • Transition for new BDSM animations
  • Fixed road collision

Change log for 0.0.6 version:

Fixes:
  • You can only enter the car from drivers side
  • Dynamic depth of field might cause some extreme blurriness
  • Pause menu can't be accessed while in vehicle
  • After you finish talking with a NPC, dick is visible through the underwear
  • On game start ammo is displayed even if you don't have a weapon equipped
  • Equipping weapon won't update the inventory character correctly
  • AI can get stuck in narrow places
  • Sometimes selecting a character in main menu removes its underwear
  • Turning in place cancels reload and weapon equip animations
  • Road lamps light up only at a short distance
  • Releasing aim button rotates the character to its old rotation before aiming
  • Getting out of the vehicle might not let you enter it again
  • Getting out of the vehicle removes your character customization options
  • Some of the equipable gear wouldn't display any stat related information
  • Dead AI wouldn't disappear after a period of time
  • Dead AI would block the path with their body collision
  • Day/night cycle no longer glitches (sometimes sun would light up the map from down below)
Added:
  • Overall performance improvement (approximately we get +10 fps using the same options as before)
  • Texture quality settings are more impact-full now. (can give an increase of up to +20 fps)
    FPS no longer drops after extended play time (memory leak fixed)
  • Improved night-vision
  • Mini map is now visible inside the vehicle
  • Pause menu can now be accessed while interacting with objects
  • Turn in place animation delay is too long
  • Picking up physics objects disabled (can interact with physics objects now by pressing E)
  • Vehicle spawn UI may indicate that you can enter the vehicle when there's no vehicle in sight
  • Mini map displays objects more accurately
  • Option to customize character face (~25 options to choose from)
  • Enemy AI despawns after 1 minute (so be sure to grab the loot)
  • Added female on damage received sounds
  • Re-added big monster
  • New sex animation

Change log for 0.0.56 version:

Fixes:
  • Bouncy grenade mesh not disappearing after explosion
  • After teleporting UI becomes unresponsive
  • Dismissing or deleting your companion while it’s summoned would leave his weapon floating
  • Nightvision would make your screen darker
  • Equipping armor with an existing one will add up to the damage reduction stats instead of updating correctly
  • Replacing armor with an equipped one will trigger a bug that on unequip it will still show your character wearing that piece of clothing even though it’s removed from that inventory slot
  • While transitioning between different sex animations you click close it would bug out players camera as well as his current animation
  • Sometimes quest markers would display an incorrect icon on top of NPCs
  • If you gather materials before accepting the quest it would count as x2 items already acquired
  • Quest UI text or reward slots didn’t fit inside the window
  • When stealth skill expiries it would distort characters clothes
  • Item in world preview window no longer glitches through walls
  • Armor items would be displayed in the upgrade table (upgrade table was only intended for weapons)
  • Opening Inventory/quest log etc, wouldn’t hide main HUD (healthbar, crossair, skill hotbars etc.)
  • Companion would continue firing at the dead enemy
  • Companion couldn’t keep up with the player and might get stuck (now after a certain distance it will teleport near the player)

Added:
  • New hair style for one of the girls
  • New hair style while customizing your character
  • Ability to cycle between weapons using mouse wheel up/down
  • Slight performance improvement

Change log for 0.0.55 version:
  • New and first clothes for NPCs
  • Clothes for playable character
  • New equipment slots/items (body/pants/boots)
  • Armor will provide damage reduction from now on
  • Removed censorship for non-patrons
  • New sex animation (captain, was decided by our patrons)
  • Ability to add/remove clothes from girls during consensual intercourse
  • New and improved UI (inventory, skills, quests etc.. now are in one place)
  • Improved material for girls (six pack, tan lines)
  • New companion logic with combat states (aggressive/defensive/neutral)
  • Cheat menu (immortality, free exp, free items, ability to unlock all animations without completing any quests)
  • Small map improvements
  • Fixed majority of the bugs

Change log for 0.0.5 version:
  • Ability to swap between two weapons
  • New enemy with sound effects
  • Improved fast travel system
  • Foliage major bug fixes/improvements
  • Revamped camera view during sex animations (including free look, first person view)
  • Boob physics
  • 4 new girls that you can interact with
  • New playable class with new concept art images
  • 5 new surface categories that will affect: footstep sound, bullet impact sound and bullet impact particle effect.
  • Added sound settings
  • Pick up animation
  • Revamped passive skill system (unfortunately current version is just a placeholder)
  • New skills
  • More quest and new quest types
  • Improved environment
  • New sex animations with transitions
  • Added ambient sounds for sea, forest (different at day and night)
  • Improved shooting mechanics (added recoil, impact decals and bullet effects)
  • Improved character movement logic

Change log for 0.0.4
  • Weapon upgrade system
  • True first person aim down sights
  • Improved environment
  • Item preview before picking it up
  • Updated radar functionality (ability to see intractable objects within range and a new design)
  • Special code system integration for patrons (some features only available for patrons)
  • 25 new character customization features
  • Weather system (rain particles, ground wetness, water puddles)
  • New ambient sounds
  • New weapon (submachine)
  • Improved performance
  • Damaged received indicator
  • Bunch of bug fixes
  • New main HUD
  • New girl NPC

Change log for 0.0.35
  • Added projectiles with velocity for weapons
  • Hit marker indicator with sound
  • Bullet spread
  • Headshot damage
  • Item pick up sound
  • Visual and hearing damage received indicator
  • Auto-reload
  • UI windows can be closed by pressing ESC button
  • Character customization
  • After death respawn in HQ or at the last checkpoint
  • Breakable glass with sound and particles
  • Updated visuals for models (still improving)
  • Road signs
  • Ability to loot enemies
  • Fixed all known previous bugs

Dev blogs
  • 2018-11-07
  • 2018-07-26
  • 2018-06-20
  • 2018-06-12
  • 2018-06-07

P.S. Please keep your expectations low, because this is a very early stage of the development. We are already working full-time on the game so you can expect a lot of things to change/improve. All suggestions/feedback is more than welcome. Help us improve by sharing piece of your mind. I also recommend joining our discord were I'm active all the time, but of course I will keep my eye on this thread too. If you like our game idea please support us on .

Screenshots

Last edited:

comakill23

Reputation score
My spidey sense is really buzzing.

So let's see:
A: Patreon ✓
B: Unity ✓
C: Extremely early in development ✓

This has red flags all over it, at this point I don't see how it gives anyone a reason to spend money on it unless you have blind hope in it or perhaps enjoyed the very early build of it. edit: At least it's in Unreal, I'll give it that.

Last edited:

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This basically already exists. It's a mod for Fallout called Sexout. Why reinvent the wheel?

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
My spidey sense is really buzzing.

So let's see:
A: Patreon ✓
B: Unity ✓
C: Extremely early in development ✓

This has red flags all over it, at this point I don't see how it gives anyone a reason to spend money on it unless you have blind hope in it or perhaps enjoyed the very early build of it.
Hi there, I appreciate your concerns, but give me a chance to explain what's the current situation and idea behind my game.
I'm not sure if you are new to adult gaming or not, but that's totally fine. Most of the adult games rely on patreon to support their game development. Even though we are working on this game for a while now without any support and development still continues daily, even full-time. Despite that you don't have to spend a dime to play this game. Public builds are released monthly, opposite of what you would see with other projects that hide their games behind 5$ or 10$ paywalls. We are hoping that in the future patreon will help us to expand our team and increase the overall quality of the game, even without that we will do our best. If you were to follow how the game progress advances, you would notice a lot of improvement/changes to the game.

Unfortunately it's not Unity. It's written in the title "Unreal Engine 4" which has a better capability in delivering higher quality games. Mainly we have chosen unreal, because I had some prior experience with it and still improving my skills with it every day.

We were a bit eager to release it in the current state. Goal behind it was to get some people into our community so they could help us shape the game concept, help testing it and share their overall feedback. But those who were following us since the beginning are quite happy with the development progression. Few more months and game will leave early development stage as we are finishing with building a solid foundation for our game. Most of the systems are already in place so we just have to add more content and improve old features.

This basically already exists. It's a mod for Fallout called Sexout. Why reinvent the wheel?
There are a lot of similar games, but people still make new ones, because probably they want to bring their ideas into reality. Playing a modded game and another whole game are two different things. I doubt that you can edit the fallout engine itself to have all the freedom you would want with your game. I understand that mods are a popular trend, but personally I wouldn't dare calling myself a game developer just by creating a mod. I understand that it's still a long road head of us, but despite that we will do our best in creating something new with our own twists.

Thank you guys for your concerns if you want to know anything else please let me know. Cheers.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
is it going to be male MC only? I'm defiantly interested in seeing this type of game even more so if you throw zombies into it I have a bunch of those early beta's on steam.

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
is it going to be male MC only? I'm defiantly interested in seeing this type of game even more so if you throw zombies into it I have a bunch of those early beta's on steam.
Hey there. There will be an option to play as a female for sure. Just need to finish working on the male and will start adding the female option. Also there might be an alien race that you can pick from, this is still an ongoing discussion though. Furthermore there are already about 50 options to customize your character and the list will just keep expanding. Honestly can't promise any zombies, since the main plot is about alien invasion, but you might find something similar later on.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I have no problem with alien enemy's. when the game gets to the female player point I'll be fully interested.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
when the game gets to the female player point I'll be fully interested.
Ditto depending on the answer to this question:

Can you talk more about the sexual content since that would be the reason why this community would play it. Is it consensual only?

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Ditto depending on the answer to this question:

Can you talk more about the sexual content since that would be the reason why this community would play it. Is it consensual only?
A very good question indeed. First of all, patreon has very strict rules regarding several things, which are: "bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors) ". So none of the mentioned themes will be within the game. Other than that we are open to ideas. Regarding fetishes we will make a poll tomorrow so people could decide what they would like to see. Highest voted fetish will be added in the upcoming build. Furthermore, there is a list of different sex animations while interacting with the npc. None of them are locked as of now, but for the next build you will have to increase the reputation of a NPC to unlock more positions (mainly just by doing quests), after reaching a certain level you will be able to invite them back to your HQ were they will always be there for your pleasure. Currently it's only M/F, but in the future we will also add F/F and M/M. In the end just want to mention that we are writing dev blogs weekly so everyone could know how the development is progressing.

Seems awfully ambitious.
Might seem so, we understand better than everyone that the scope of our game is pretty big, but we wouldn't have started if we had no intention of finishing it. Personally we got tired of seeing a lot of visual novels that have little to none interaction(just playing a slide show seemed to be boring), using pre-made models over and over again or that other 3d type games are just basically milking their patreons and in return put little to none work. Thus, instead of complaining we are trying to make something ourselves. It's not a secret that the road ahead of us will be challenging and long, but we are a dedicated team that will go through all the hardships.

Also one last thing to mention that all of our assets are made by us, we have decided to go this route from the very beginning. We understand that they are not of the highest quality yet, but I can assure you that things will change with time. If you still have any other concerns or questions feel free to ask.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I wouldn't dare calling myself a game developer just by creating a mod
As someone who got into the industry by making mods I'm fairly offended.
It's written in the title "Unreal Engine 4" which has a better capability in delivering higher quality games
Pompous and somewhat inaccurate, but we'll let that one slide.

I'll take the high road and wish you best of luck, I'd only suggest you keep your scope limited because promising the moon then never delivering is the folly of every project. H-Games benefit greatly from being small controlled experiences, not massive open-world games that often end up empty with little focus. You don't have to search for very long throughout the forums here to see what the design trends are for these games. Consider aggregating some of the designs you find, then retool your project to suit them. There are quite a few gems both 2D and 3D that you can pull from. Above all, remember your target audience. Players will spend more time looking at bewbs and butts than they will exploring a big open world. Given that, you don't need to build a massive world to make it 'feel' large. You can accomplish the same goal through other means. Ask yourself why you actually want a large open world. Are you trying to visually impress, make more work for yourself to churn the Patreon, or simply fill empty space? Be realistic regarding what you can accomplish, better to have a small brilliant diamond, then a large dull emerald.

Last edited:
OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Hey guys,

Wrote a new dev blog about our game. Also added a fetish poll. If you can please let us know what you would like to see in the upcoming build.

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Good evening everyone,

So after my last visit I've released few new versions. I updated the change log in the original post and replaced all the images to reflect better the current state of the game.

Currently I am working on implementing female playable character that will be added within 0.0.6 version release, as well as more content like: new animations, weapons, quests, world events, intractable items and much more. If you have any suggestions/feedback don't hesitate to share your opinion. Cheers

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Hello everyone,

Earlier this morning i wrote a new dev blog. You can check it by visiting our patreon page.

Let me know what you think about the new changes. Thank you

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
so Shiny, an Chrome! the gates of Valhalla open to you. You have a fully working vehicle already that is pretty cool most early access games boasting about open world say they will have that take forever to get to some glitchy as all fuck moped into the game. but its way to pretty for a post-apocalyptic world you need MadMax cars. and am I reading right next release should began with the addition of Female player?

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
so Shiny, an Chrome! the gates of Valhalla open to you. You have a fully working vehicle already that is pretty cool most early access games boasting about open world say they will have that take forever to get to some glitchy as all fuck moped into the game. but its way to pretty for a post-apocalyptic world you need MadMax cars. and am I reading right next release should began with the addition of Female player?
Appreciate that you like the idea. Yes I totally agree that the current car model doesn't fit the theme well, but it's just a placeholder. We just transitioned from a single level map to an open world and it was necessary to add some kind of vehicle to travel long distances. There are only two of us and we are making most of the in-game stuff our selves, but in the future when we have a little bit of free time will add our own model. And yes the upcoming build will feature a female character that you can customize and play with. I will release another dev blog this weekend to show more content that we have prepared.

Also added a TV in game.

It's pretty basic but should add some more immersion to the game. Currently our Patrons are voting for categories that should be featured.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
"Patreon abhors rape"
But not CNC,
so..
... you know.

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Posted a new dev blog with the upcoming changes. Hopefully you will like them ;)
Link to the dev blog:

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
Hello everyone,

Not long ago released a new game version. More information can be found here:

Note that the game received a huge overhaul:
  • Old models were removed and replaced with new ones.
  • Integrated Open world system
  • Ability to play as a female
  • Major performance improvements
  • Added a vehicle
Current version is for 10$ tier, but there is a free TEST version that you can find here:

Also don't forget to check the screenshots in the original post, all of them got updated as well.

OP
HoeRizon

HoeRizon

Reputation score
You can now get the latest version 0.0.71 for free.
More information regarding the changes,

Short example of a new location and BDSM.

Plans for 0.0.8
  • New vehicle model + improved driving mechanics
  • More video settings in game
  • Character's body customization
  • New fetishes
  • Shotgun and pistol integration
  • Improved old skills and few new ones
  • Revamp day and night cycle
  • Bring NPCs to life (assign them different tasks while not interacting with the player)
  • Ability to skip night time (sleeping in bed)
  • Fixing remaining bugs, we are aware that there still are quite few
  • New dialogue system
  • And some more....

ddd.jpg