What's new

Vocaloid Anime

Tear

Double Poster
Reputation score

A project a friend of mine was working on in college, she wants to know if there would be any fan base for a show like this.
(the song is called Jewelery Tears){See if you can catch the "Black Rock Shooter" reference!!}

Luke

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Vocaloid Anime

This actually looks pretty good for amatuer work.

OP
T

Tear

Double Poster
Reputation score

Thnx?.?
I dont know how to take that...
Btws I love your screen name and pictures <3

Luke

Banned
Reputation score

Strange that in my very 1st post i find another person on the forum who has an avatar and profile based off a character from the same game/anime as mine.

OP
T

Tear

Double Poster
Reputation score

I guess that is weird...
Must be fate right :D

Luke

Banned
Reputation score

I dont belive in fate. Its just coninsidence.

OP
T

Tear

Double Poster
Reputation score

Oh...okay...O.O
didnt mean to offend

Reputation score

Hmm...

I think that a Vocaloid anime would definitely be well received by it's multitude of fans.

However, I am concerned about the quality of animation here: while there are a number of shots that are well detailed and well-put-together (the individual character shots, also the running shots towards the end), other shots show a lack of attention to detail and a lot of drawing mistakes between shots that reek of laziness (ie: characters being drawn too fat in one scene and skinny in the next, or drawn with clothing details in one and less details or having emblems/details moved around in another).

If your friend wants to do this sort of animation, she can't half-ass it. She'll have to shoot for the best quality moments of that video, and keep that quality throughout. I say this because if she doesn't, and tries to bill it as a Vocaloid anime for the fans, a good number of the more rabid fans will eat her alive.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Hate to sound like a douche right off the bat, but I cant help but notice that the vid seems to be a trace of the opening for an eroge mentioned in the comments section called 'Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai'. While I'm not saying it isn't impressive that your friend did a whole Vocaloid fan video they'll have to do an original animation if they want to be taken seriously.