What's new

WC3/TFT Map: "Operation Farmplot"

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not my map, but the map thats given me some inspiration.

The Map I am trying to make will be a Farming/Life of a Peasant/RPG Hybrid of sorts, or at least that's what I will aim to do. I am also hoping to implement various things to waste time on, ranging from farming, animal caretaking, mining, hunting, mercenary works and the like. Variety is good.

Blerp. Tired, more might come later.

=CHARACTERS & SKILLS=

-Classes/Characters to Implement-
Human Male Farmer (Done)
Human Female Farmer (Done)
Elf Male Farmer (Done)
Elf Female Farmer (Done)
Orc Male Farmer (Done)

Human Male Mercenary (Not Started)
Human Female Mercenary (Not Started)
Elf Male Mercenary (Not Started)
Elf Female Mercenary (Not Started)
Orc Male Mercenary (Not Started)

-Equipment/Skills to Implement-
Hoe (Done)
Water Can (Scrapped
Lumberjack Axe (Done)
Sickle (Done)
Fishing Rod (Done)
Mining Pick (Barely Started)
Butcher Knife (Barely Started, Requires Tame Animals)
Cooking License (Barely Started, Requires Kitchen)
Animal Care License (Started, Half-Done)
Hunting Knife (Barely Started, Requires Wild Animals)
Alchemy License (Barely Started, Requires Alchemy Lab)

=FURNISHMENTS=

-Kitchen-
Frying Pan (Not Started)
Pot (Not Started)
Oven (Not Started)
Conserving Kit (Not Started)
Smoking Kit (Not Started)

-Alchemy Lab-
???

-Storage Crate/Barrel/Chest-
Not Started

-Bed/Resting Implements-
Not Started

=FLORA=

-Crops & Planted Herbs-
Berry Bush (Done)
Wheat (Done)
Spiceroot (Idea)
Some Crops? (Not Started)
Some Herbs? (Not Started)

-Mushrooms & Wild Plants-
Mushroom Clusters (3 Different 'shrooms, Done)
Wild Herb Areas (Done)
Wild Berries? (Not Started)

=FAUNA=

-Tamed Animals-
Hen (Done)

-Wild Animals-
Rabbit (Not Started)
Deer (Not Started)
Spider (Not Started)
Wolf (Not Started)
Bear (Not Started)

Attachments

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: WC3/TFT Map: RPG/LoaP Style

Well, it sounds interesting. I'd probably only play it with friends, since people have a tendency to abuse the 'ubër' positions (in this case, the 'divines', and maybe the 'royalty'; I'm guessing they're derivations of 'God' and 'Mafia/Yakuza').
Although, on the rare occasions I do play it, I usually use the Teenage Boy and take the 'Doctor' position.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

definately sounds nifty. kinda reminds me of all the maps i played on on starcraft. though my favorite shall never be found again it seems. aptly named "break the condom" lol

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wooh. Replies. o.o

@ Kusanagi:
Well, it sounds interesting. I'd probably only play it with friends, since people have a tendency to abuse the 'ubër' positions
That's why the Host should either be said über position or have the slot closed.

(in this case, the 'divines', and maybe the 'royalty'; I'm guessing they're derivations of 'God' and 'Mafia/Yakuza')
Royalty will have just slightly more power than the Guilds, just with the added benefit of being capable of declaring the city hateful towards a certain faction if they find reason. And the Divines is, largely, going to be a GM Position, but I'm gonna try and see to that they can enjoy the game too, I guess. o.o

Although, on the rare occasions I do play it, I usually use the Teenage Boy and take the 'Doctor' position.
I guess this was a nod at the typical LoaP's, eh? In my map there ain't Teenage/Elder variants. It's Gnolls, Trolls, Humans or Elves really.

@ Dreana:
definately sounds nifty. kinda reminds me of all the maps i played on on starcraft. though my favorite shall never be found again it seems. aptly named "break the condom" lol
Uhm. Thanks, I guess? o.o;;

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I'd probably only play it with friends, since people have a tendency to abuse the 'ubër' positions.
Wooh. Replies. o.o

@ Kusanagi:

That's why the Host should either be said über position or have the slot closed.
That's just the thing, though; unless it's someone you know, I've found that the majority of people on WC III host a LoaP to either A) cyber, which is funny since... well, says it better than I could... or B) just so they can take the 'ubër' positions and kill off everyone, while bitching that everyone's wasting their time playing it and that they should play a REAL game like DotA . . . yeah, 'cause DotA and LoaP are TOTALLY comparable to one another =.=.
If you could care less what happens to this game on a wide scale, since you plan to only play as the GM or have someone you know will be fair play as the GM, then that's fine.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: WC3/TFT Map: INSERT NEW WORLD SEED

See first post for changes. :v

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

hey waitaminute.. I have break the condom in my WC3 lol. or I used to.. before the computer died. so ya sry. you might wannt try it might have it. Epicwar is a good site; has most WC3 maps.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Count me in for beta testing. Also, would like a LoaP type. I'd ask for a Maul, but I know you hate them.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Make a LOTRish. (What, WC3 doesn't have those? Blasphemy!)

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Whats this? This topic is ON-topic?! <,< IMPOSSI-*Shot*

I do actually have a map in the works, a little survival-ish. But that one's a bout wolves running around hunting, breeding and surviving in the SNOWY WILDZ OF VIKINGLANDZ. *Shot again*

LoaP. Had one, but I can't make a city-look worth shit, so I scrapped it... Hmm. Might restart it at some point if interest is shown...

And Host? There are LotR maps. <,<

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Not LOTR themed; LOTRish-es. I'll try to explain. It's a category for Starcraft maps in which:
All the units are re-stated and re-named to be the units of some other race (usually LOTR, hence the name, but I've played Diablo, Redwall, and Warhammer ones. Clearly this isn't as important in WC3 where you can import your own models).
These restated units are arranged into races, one race per player, and reasonably balanced.
The build tree is modified and buildings no longer produce units - the only buildings of importance are the stat-upgrading buildings and the 'castles'.
Units are given to the player depending on how many castles they have built (and only one castle can be building at a time, and take ages to build).
Units only spawn at certain special buildings, and only on timed intervals - these are set when the map begins, and destroying them is the goal of the game.
Money is given to you at timed intervals along with the units, and this is usually the only way to get money. The only use for money tends to be building towers, repairing or upgrading.
Defensive towers are massively tough, and can usually only be taken out by units that outrange the tower, or heroes.
Heroes are given at the start of the game depending on the side picked, cannot be revived at any point. Heroes do not gain levels (at least in SC anyway) and are massively powerful, being one of the main ways to take out towers and pretty much the only counter for other heroes (besides an unbelievably ridiculous number of troops, or the hero stupidly rushing a line of towers).

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

So what you are proposing is something akin to Footman Wars/Frenzy? <,<

*Derps a bit*

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

...I've no idea.

(It's probably becoming obvious that I've never actually played WC3 custom maps beyond the most basic ones.)

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

the starcraft map i really miss is the one where you get marines for kills and then you can trade them in at certain points all over the map for different units. like 2 marines for a powerful zergling or 3 marines for a zealot. then you can trade in those for more units, like a zealot and a zergling for a dark templar. then when all your guys are dead you respawn with all your marines again. first to 400 kills wins.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I think you're thinking of the 'Mega Evolve' maps. Though the only one I played was Jurassic Park Mega Evolve, it was cool. Alternately, you might be thinking of the 'golem madness mass attack' or '(something) blood' types.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: WC3/TFT Map: "Operation Farmplot"

Alpha 1.2 for those that might care... ._. Added some things, fixed some other stuff...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

this was before your last update btw...

played through it, interesting system, though there's a few things I've noticed off the bat:

Equipment- is there a way to get it without using your test cheats?
Instruction Manual- Instructions are your friend! Personally, I'd like to know what I'm doing ^^;
Context Not-So-Sensative?- I tried using the Context Sensitive button near the front door of the house, but it didn't work. Might wanna try fixing thats.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not as of yet(obviously), but I'm gunna stuff a "Toolshed" somewhere for such.

Instruction Manual, gonna make some "For Dummies" thing, indeed.

... Wat? It's always worked from what I recall... Did'ya stand -in- the blue pulsing circle?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Not as of yet(obviously), but I'm gunna stuff a "Toolshed" somewhere for such.

Instruction Manual, gonna make some "For Dummies" thing, indeed.

... Wat? It's always worked from what I recall... Did'ya stand -in- the blue pulsing circle?
Tried it on both the windmill and the house, didn't seem to work, and I was sure I was in the same position as the other buildings.

I'll check the new version before I crituiqe further.

OP
Smokefish

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Admittedly, the Granary/Barn didn't work back then probably, but I am sure the house have always worked. o_O Wyrdsauce