Web Development News

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
Time online
I've handed over responsibilities for server maintenance and forum development to someone much more suited to the task. It has become increasingly clear that I do not have the time or skills necessary to keep everything working well.

Anyway that's not the real reason I'm making this post; the real reason is that you should expect ULMF to have unreliable uptime over the next week or two while the experts perform another server migration and consider even changing the forum software.

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
Time online
1d 15h 28m
Well you at least admit it. Thanks for telling us.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
Jan 21, 2016
Time online
1d 6h 7m
Eh, it's lotsa work done with little thanks or self-benefit I presume, there's nothing to admit or be down about, what matters is that things work out best they can for everyone perusing this place. No shame in getting help to that end.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 31, 2012
Time online
4h 53m
Who have you handed this all over to? I'd like to know and I think that we should all probably know if it concerns the state of our beloved ULMF. And are the current admins and mods all gonna get the boot in favor of new ones with this change in ownership and stuff? There's a lot that's left very vague at the moment, and since the change to Vbulletin 5 I now have no access to the archives because there's no clickable link to find them anymore like there used to be, so I can't back up my RP threads and whatnot that I care very much about and don't wish to lose all of that work I've poured into ULMF, if this new owner doesn't like the current administration and whatnot.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
Time online
Nothing is changing, except for hardware and software. The moderation team is staying the same.

Jan 30, 2017
Time online
1h 42m
Please, make the search function working. ^^

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
Time online
5h 42m
Please bring back ignore threads, this is the most needed feature we lost. Everything else is tolerable.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Time online
5h 58m
So, any update since then?

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Oct 31, 2011
Time online
6h 59m
Actually i like new look, and as it stands, if i could ask to do some improvements,, like zipp up forum rules, instead of ~15 diferent time lines and pages transfer it to one core

Nuclear Reactor

Demon Girl Pro
Mar 31, 2011
Time online
3h 56m
I also like the new look. But eh why everything are circles now REEEE also why avatars only getting smaller and smaller

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
Time online
1d 15h 28m
I also like the new look. But eh why everything are circles now REEEE also why avatars only getting smaller and smaller
We no longer can use gifs as our avatars......and yes it is getting smaller....:cry:

sam9

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 4, 2017
Time online
4m
  • VB3 URLs should now be redirecting properly.
  • VB3 era [thread] BBCode is now displaying properly (depreciated, won't work for new Xenforo thread IDs)

Last edited:

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
Time online
1d 15h 28m
Thank you sir, you're my new 3rd god.

NVM, got it. It's really anal about that over 400 x 400 thing. :D

Last edited:

sascha27283

Tentacle Monster
Jun 16, 2012
Time online
3h 15m
how do i see which threads have new content?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Mar 22, 2012
Time online
4h 9m
At least for me, it forgot what was new for me and defaulted to one month ago. Seems to be working after I manually caught back up with everything.

I've noticed that "mark read" only marks the current forum and its immediate subforums as read; things nested deeper don't seem to get marked as read (yet?)

sam9

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 4, 2017
Time online
4m
At least for me, it forgot what was new for me and defaulted to one month ago. Seems to be working after I manually caught back up with everything.
That's a side effect of the migration to new forum software

I've noticed that "mark read" only marks the current forum and its immediate subforums as read; things nested deeper don't seem to get marked as read (yet?)
That shouldn't be the case, you can mark all forums as read in the top bar, I'll take a look at the subforum issue.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 2, 2008
Time online
54m
Nothing is without growing pains. But this is a lot more comfortable...

Now, for the shoutbox...

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
May 30, 2014
Time online
2h 46m
I lost all my watched threads... and i cant even find them through "threads youve participated in" because none show up for that either. I can't even find them through clicking through all my posts because it only shows 4 but says I have 180. :mad:

Last edited: