Well that was fun

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
Sorry for breaking everything, with the help of others including our very own Ai we are back online and with about 5 or 6 years of vBulletin updates suddenly shoved down our throats. So everything is gonna be pretty different. And obviously the shoutbox is no longer compatible so we're going to have to find a new one. All this will happen over the next few days and certainly not right now because I desperately need sleep. Feel free to run around breaking everything you can and then posting what you found and broke here. I will then look at it all tomorrow. Also feel free to worship and/or flame my sysadmin skills here.

EDIT: Looks like we're gonna have pretty major bandwidth issues until I get around to optimising php and enabling cloudflare. All that will happen soon.

elusi

Tentacle God
Sep 26, 2014
Glad to see (mostly) everything's back up. For some reason my browser doesn't seem to want to fully load all of the pages sometimes, but that's all I've seen in the minute I've been on here (probably just need to clear my cache or something for that, anyway). Have fun sleeping!

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Jan 31, 2010
Obviously there must be some punishment- no faps til the end of the year for Aika.

sora454

Jungle Girl
Apr 21, 2013
Glad it's back up, I've been having withdrawal symptoms...

That being said, is avatar image uploading broken? I keep getting "Error: Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type" when trying to upload an avatar image.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
Sep 23, 2009
So, are the galleries we used to have ripip now?

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
Nov 21, 2008
For those missing the shoutbox I encourage you all to come to The Special Hell Chat run by our very own Hopeyouguess62

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Jun 22, 2016
I can't figure out how to ignore topics now. Is that not in newer versions? :(

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
Jan 1, 2009
I do not think I will get used to this. I need a new and fancier layout stat. This feels like staring at a piece of paper.

And oh my god the list of subofurmzzzz. I'm dyinnng

Tokita

Jungle Girl
Jan 22, 2017
Is there a dark theme for this new iteration?

Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for fixing the forums I was having withdrawal

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Jan 4, 2016
Not really liking the new layout but I guess I can't really complain when withdrawal was starting to kick in. Cheers to being back up!

Edit: thanks for that tidbit Antithetical Inquiry!

Also, rip old ULMF.

Last edited:

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 2, 2008
*With wrench in hand* Alright, you should be able to select less eyesores of themes at the bottom... left? Right? Somewhere there's a drop down that says default, click it and select the theme you like the best. Good luck; we'll continue to work on this more!

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Jun 3, 2011
Not sure that any of them are particularly good, though some of them are eye-rendingly terrible.

Aug 21, 2012
Glad it's back up, I've been having withdrawal symptoms...

That being said, is avatar image uploading broken? I keep getting "Error: Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type" when trying to upload an avatar image.
It's gone tits-up for me too. It seems changing the file type from JPEG to PNG fixed that problem, but now it just spits out a generic "could not save" error or something. I assume parts of the database are boned or something of the like.

Jul 15, 2009
I normaly don't step outside the H-Games section to write something, but thanks for your service good sir. One really does start to appreciate things when they aren't there any more...

Orion

Tentacle God
Aug 6, 2011
Thanks very much for all the hard work Aika and all those that helped out, I'm sure it really wasn't a walk in the park. The new layout's gonna take some time to adjust, but the forum's back and that's the most important thing.

Kemious

Jungle Girl
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for getting it back up I'm surprised at how much I missed lurking here

Jan 20, 2013
Uwah! Wh-what happened!? Everything's different! Was this planned? It's so jarring!
(but I understand you're doing what needs doing! Love the site still~)

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Sep 24, 2013
If you need some help in any sort of way, making banners, artwork, etc. for the new theme, helping you set up the chat and what not, feel free to PM me, I'll do my share with what I can.

Glad to see the forum back with no information lost, it would be a huge shame but deep down I knew everything would work out soon.