Well that was fun

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Nov 13, 2013
Dunno if this is the place to post, but just wanted to share some of my findings with the new forum interface.
I actually don't know if it was because of the new Firefox or the forum's switching "up" with vBulletin, but for my profile to be working correctly, I needed to delete all the ulmf.org cookies from my browser.
Also, I just recently found out that in 'Latest Activity' view mode -which I had set in the profile settings as default-, attachments and signatures are not showing apparently. Took me a while to figure what was wrong...

Oct 31, 2014
Hm, don't think I've heard of that particular problem before, did you just recently log back in? Perhaps the old cookies are completely incompatible now... Or Firefox hiccuped lol

In case haven't found it by now, have to manually turn signatures on in the option panel now.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Jan 31, 2010
No, seriously, ignore thread feature would be great, those patreon threads are getting out of hand.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Nov 13, 2013
Hm, don't think I've heard of that particular problem before, did you just recently log back in? Perhaps the old cookies are completely incompatible now... Or Firefox hiccuped lol

In case haven't found it by now, have to manually turn signatures on in the option panel now.
I was able to log in, actually, but as I clicked on a thread it oftentimes just logged me out into guest-zone. Wasn't able to download attachments either. I figured it was the forum collapse, but after a while -like a couple of days- on a whim I deleted the cookies and voilá - all was well again. Around late November or the start of December.
But since my update to this new "Quantum" Firefox (v57.0) was around the suspect time... Can't know what hiccuped for sure! lol

Yeah, I knew about the user profile setting (thx), and it's on - just saying that attachments and signatures are not showing when display mode is set to 'Latest Activity' - and since I set that up as default for my hey-it-works-again! profile, I never even noticed or suspected the posts that actually had said attachments and signatures to...have them. I facepalmed after setting back to 'Posts' view. xD

YandereKun

Demon Girl Pro
May 15, 2012
Attachments don't seem to be working.

"The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable."

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, since search also seems to be disabled.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
No, seriously, ignore thread feature would be great, those patreon threads are getting out of hand.
This, does anyone here have any idea if they're going to put this in? Seriously, search function is useless if we don't have ignore threads. Or at least separate patreon games from japanese ones.

Oct 31, 2014
Attachments don't seem to be working.

"The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable."
The storage system for the server seems to be down, same error as when trying to upload any images; probably as soon as all the old images from before the update are sorted out, it'll be restored. External links are doing fine though...

This, does anyone here have any idea if they're going to put this in? Seriously, search function is useless if we don't have ignore threads. Or at least separate patreon games from japanese ones.
It'll be back, at some point. As to separating Patreons, weeeeeell... It seems to be a sore point, another thread went over this and got nowhere. Prob not going to happen.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
The storage system for the server seems to be down, same error as when trying to upload any images; probably as soon as all the old images from before the update are sorted out, it'll be restored. External links are doing fine though...

It'll be back, at some point. As to separating Patreons, weeeeeell... It seems to be a sore point, another thread went over this and got nowhere. Prob not going to happen.
Yeah, because at this point you can also mix patreon fueled asian games.
Fastest route would be to divide: West and Asian games, not patreon/non-patreon
Now, please, do tell me, which one of you will agree to go through ALL threads and sort every single one of them? For free of course.
Hmm...? No one for that? Well, that solves this issue.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Yeah, because at this point you can also mix patreon fueled asian games.
Fastest route would be to divide: West and Asian games, not patreon/non-patreon
Now, please, do tell me, which one of you will agree to go through ALL threads and sort every single one of them? For free of course.
Hmm...? No one for that? Well, that solves this issue.
I would. but I'm no mod.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
I would. but I'm no mod.
You sure? Let's see...
There are 400.097 threads in Hentai Games (I already subtracted Translations, MnF and Online Games), total of 451 pages, 10 threads per page.

First way: being super generous, 5 seconds to move one thread, with that it will take you 23+ days to do so.
More realistic: ~30 seconds to move one thread, with that it will take you around 130+ days or 4,5 months.

Second way: ticking threads on whole page
I can't find an option to set how many threads you can see on one page, so I will look only at option with 10 threads per page.
For one page, you will need around 4 seconds to look, analyze and tick or not each thread, of course, after you get used to it, as at first it will be longer. But, this is best case scenario.
So around ~40 seconds per page. So you should be done in 5+ hours.

So unless second option is available, forget about it as it would be a mundane task. Sure, huge part could be done automatically, just move all threads where thread name contains
'RJ[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]' OR 'RE[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]'
This should filter a huge chunk of threads, rest could be done manually if number of leftover threads won't be super big.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
You forgot to account for the fact that you can sort out a large portion of the Japanese games out by doing a title search for "RJ". Move all those threads over instantly and it's probably 15-20% (there's like 2 games with RJ tags that aren't Japanese) of the work done, conservatively. After that identification should be easy, moonrunes do stand out, ya know? And priority on threads past say... page 30 is pretty low since they're just necro-bait at this point.

Also: Give me mod powers and I'll totally do that job. Though I'd prefer a genre type sorting system (IDGAF if it's more work) over a language sorting system.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
You sure? Let's see...
There are 400.097 threads in Hentai Games (I already subtracted Translations, MnF and Online Games), total of 451 pages, 10 threads per page.

First way: being super generous, 5 seconds to move one thread, with that it will take you 23+ days to do so.
More realistic: ~30 seconds to move one thread, with that it will take you around 130+ days or 4,5 months.

Second way: ticking threads on whole page
I can't find an option to set how many threads you can see on one page, so I will look only at option with 10 threads per page.
For one page, you will need around 4 seconds to look, analyze and tick or not each thread, of course, after you get used to it, as at first it will be longer. But, this is best case scenario.
So around ~40 seconds per page. So you should be done in 5+ hours.

So unless second option is available, forget about it as it would be a mundane task. Sure, huge part could be done automatically, just move all threads where thread name contains
'RJ[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]' OR 'RE[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]'
This should filter a huge chunk of threads, rest could be done manually if number of leftover threads won't be super big.
Your numbers confuse threads with posts, there are about 4000 to 5000 threads.

And I have no life, so a lot of time on my hands.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
You forgot to account for the fact that you can sort out a large portion of the Japanese games out by doing a title search for "RJ". Move all those threads over instantly and it's probably 15-20% (there's like 2 games with RJ tags that aren't Japanese) of the work done, conservatively. After that identification should be easy, moonrunes do stand out, ya know? And priority on threads past say... page 30 is pretty low since they're just necro-bait at this point.

Also: Give me mod powers and I'll totally do that job. Though I'd prefer a genre type sorting system (IDGAF if it's more work) over a language sorting system.
No I didn't forget. Read last part of my post, it's exactly what you would use to select all with RJ/RE pattern.

Your numbers confuse threads with posts, there are about 4000 to 5000 threads.

And I have no life, so a lot of time on my hands.
Really? I assumed that it was thread count, but now that I think about it, it is quite high number.
My bad.
Just checked and there are exactly 4503 threads in hentai games at this very moment (minus MnF, online and translations)
So yeah, it would be much, much faster.
And to be honest, you would rather have to manually deal with leftovers after automatically moving all threads with RJ/RE pattern in name.
Anyway, it is as it is, a suggestion. Unless it's: "ok, we are doing it" this whole issue will be just talking with no hope of doing it.​​​​​​​

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
Okay sure, then if they're not going to separate patreon from others, which I completely understand, then give us back ignore threads. I don't care about separating threads, it was just a suggestion in lieu of their lack of information about the one function we all need, Ignore Threads. I was only offering the former because it's been months and the ignore function hasn't been restored. If this single function is brought back, I am 100% satisfied, and the majority of people should be too. Seriously, praise be the lord, I'll send you money through paypal for someone to work on this, hell it could even be a patreon itself lmao! Anyways, if this is extremely difficult for some reason then at least someone let us know...

Either way, I still have faith and support whoever is working on ulmf. Godspeed!!!

Last edited:

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
Don't, all hope is lost. It's been months, so they're either really inept, or not doing anything.

Nov 8, 2011
I mean, if the admins aren't going to work on the forum, could we at least delegate it jobs to the other people who have the know how to get the forum back the way it was? It'll be a shame to lose ulmf and a portion of userbase just because of a lack of maintenance

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
No. Admins have admin rights and will not be giving them out to anyone.
With enough money you can buy many things. Edit: not going to make another post with exactly same statement.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2014
Eh, pretty damn sure this whole piratey website isn't run for money, so unless you buy it + actually can convince Aika to sell...