Well that was fun

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
At this point I'm trying to think of a way to block/ignore threads through a chrome plugin extension. I know it wouldn't be feasible but I'm thinking of using something like ad block plus to permanently block a certain webpage of a thread I want to ignore, and at best this would just block me from going to that thread itself. Unless, is there a way to flag or mark a certain thread on the forum so that it appears in a different color? Can I just flag/report all the threads I want to ignore, that way it would at least have some forum of markings on them? I'm getting desperate here.

Couple of more things I"m thinking of:

1. Block the user who made the thread, that way his posts will never show up but could potentially ruin future prospective good threads
2. If you click on a thread, it'll show as read and then it will be faded out. Only new threads that have updated posts will be bolded, so there must be some way to never re-mark a thread as new replies that way you can ignore faded out threads since you know you already read them and don't care about new posts since you want to ignore the thread
3. Use only latest activities post but this is eh
4. Post on every single thread you want to ignore, then subscribe to them, and then you know which ones you want to ignore as the ones you subscribed. Then turn off notifications. I know this will be spam, but at this point if no one cares about taking care of the forums then whatever.
5. Is there a marking to threads you subscribe to? Perhaps use the subscription feature itself as a marking way to ignore the threads you want to ignore.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
1. Block the user who made the thread, that way his posts will never show up but could potentially ruin future prospective good threads
Wait, isn't that an option in settings?
"To block certain users' posts, enter their names into the ignore list. To remove users from the ignore list, click the 'x' button."
Seems like it is, dunno if it's working, never used and never going to...

Yeah, mass flagging threads sure sounds like a way to get yourself a ban xP
Can't say anything about ignoring threads also, self-censorship isn't my thing and never was.
EDIT
I just checked few other forums and... Guess what? I can't find thread ignore options, so that explains a lot.

Last edited:

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
Forget what I said above, I think all we need is just some function that will let us permanently mark threads as "read" and not be bumped by posts. That way we can see that any thread that is not bolded means it's a thread we chose to ignore. I don't know, I'm just shooting ideas here and there.

I tried the subscription function, but this seems not as useful because it's just an extra step for me to see the threads I want to see.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Wait, isn't that an option in settings?
"To block certain users' posts, enter their names into the ignore list. To remove users from the ignore list, click the 'x' button."
Seems like it is, dunno if it's working, never used and never going to...

Yeah, mass flagging threads sure sounds like a way to get yourself a ban xP
Can't say anything about ignoring threads also, self-censorship isn't my thing and never was.
EDIT
I just checked few other forums and... Guess what? I can't find thread ignore options, so that explains a lot.
That's more of an "all or nothing" method...