Well that was fun

neon007

Demon Girl
Apr 28, 2010
Sorry for breaking everything, with the help of others including our very own Ai we are back online and with about 5 or 6 years of vBulletin updates suddenly shoved down our throats. So everything is gonna be pretty different. And obviously the shoutbox is no longer compatible so we're going to have to find a new one. All this will happen over the next few days and certainly not right now because I desperately need sleep. Feel free to run around breaking everything you can and then posting what you found and broke here. I will then look at it all tomorrow. Also feel free to worship and/or flame my sysadmin skills here.

EDIT: Looks like we're gonna have pretty major bandwidth issues until I get around to optimising php and enabling cloudflare. All that will happen soon.

Thanks for the super hard work on this aika!!! Deep down we all appreciate it very much I am certain!

While the forum will clearly have some issues thanks to the new updates I am sure over time it will be better than it was before the updates!

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Jul 7, 2017
I was about to jump off a bridge because of my ULMF withdrawal symptoms, looked at my phone one last time (Oct 23) and saw that the forums was back online...thanks for saving my iife...

Hyperbole aside, it's good to have you guys back...although the new forum looks shiny and chrome in my eyes (I prefer the black background option of the previous forum) I guess I will just have to wear shades when opening the forum site at night ^^

Okaeri nasai...

Aug 3, 2012
im not a fan of this new look but if the admin wants it to happen then it must happen also most of the topics im subbed to are missing is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Jan 15, 2015
So, my thoughts and noticed issues:

1. YAY it's back!
2. PFP sizes too small
3. Some animated PFPs not animated unless the profile is visited
4. Caps sensitive search function is bad, it still works but it'd explain why many are having issues
5. Anyone can post links now, there's no 15 post limiter anymore

Also there is a "go to last post", there's a button next to the "last post" info before you click into a thread.

For people who are having issues with the search functions or are having difficulty finding what they want, here's some workarounds and things you can do:
Be mindful of caps. Looking for an RJ# try RJ as: RJ, rj, Rj, or maybe if someone was stupid rJ
Try using an internet archive.

I use to type in ulmf then click on http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=6 to get to my preferred area. Now, if I wanted to, I can use Wayback Machine to get to https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...isplay.php?f=6 and then click on the latest save of https://web.archive.org/web/20170331...isplay.php?f=6 to see the old layout, or do something else, I don't entirely know what. Will be useful with trying to restore an original look to ULMF.

Last edited:

iDarkEden

Jungle Girl
May 14, 2011
Since we got the new updates, I was wondering if you would like to add some features after you fix any of the major bugs first of course:

1. Really would appreciate dark mode theme (black BG instead of white)
I'm currently using Blue Green but it ain't good enough.

2. Is it possible to have the ignore post feature back into this new update?
It really helped me ignore forum posts that I never want to see and be only able to see new and ones that I'm interested in

3. There's a bug that happens sometimes when I hover my mouse over the blank sides of the post (Left or Right). No Idea what causes it, happens randomly without it actually loading anything

Briger

Grim Reaper
Apr 25, 2015
Call me a pleb or something but I can't for the life of me search for anything using google or the 4rum search system. I now have to manually dig up a thread about a game i'm interested in instead of searching for it on google like : "RJ190xxx ulmf", now I have to find that thread manually, page by page, 0_0. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just me ?
the built-in search doesn't reconize japanese text anymore so if the name of the topic was in japanese you can't find it that way either

Sep 15, 2013
Still not being able to set an avatar is really annoying is there a possible fix for this

YandereKun

Demon Girl Pro
May 15, 2012
Anyone know how to adjust topics per page? 10 is a little small.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
Old links in the ulmf.org/bbs/showthread format should now correctly redirect to the new URL format, so people running index / list pages please get back down from the ledge, you don't need to jump!

Jul 15, 2009
Adding back the ability to ignore / filter out certain threads would be nice. Some forum sections are somewhat crowded without this option.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Jun 23, 2015
Thanks for your work restoring the forum.

Is there a way to change the skin/theme for the forum? or can I do it? this color scheme of white/yellow is really bad imo.

refferee

Jungle Girl
Mar 22, 2017
So, my thoughts and noticed issues:

1. YAY it's back!
2. PFP sizes too small
3. Some animated PFPs not animated unless the profile is visited
4. Caps sensitive search function is bad, it still works but it'd explain why many are having issues
5. Anyone can post links now, there's no 15 post limiter anymore

Also there is a "go to last post", there's a button next to the "last post" info before you click into a thread.

For people who are having issues with the search functions or are having difficulty finding what they want, here's some workarounds and things you can do:
Be mindful of caps. Looking for an RJ# try RJ as: RJ, rj, Rj, or maybe if someone was stupid rJ
Try using an internet archive.
Tried doing the cap sensitive searching but sadly my search automatically rests it to small caps instead of actual caps. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Advanced searching does the same thing just to note.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Jan 15, 2015

Is there a way to change the skin/theme for the forum? or can I do it? this color scheme of white/yellow is really bad imo.
Bottom left of the page lets you change the theme, most of them are crap though.

Tried doing the cap sensitive searching but sadly my search automatically rests it to small caps instead of actual caps. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Advanced searching does the same thing just to note.
I actually noticed this myself, and I'm confused. The search doesn't recognise japanese characters, but I also suspect it doesn't recognise numbers, as I've had some search results return unexpected results if it was caps sensitive. This would explain why RJ searches return nothing.

danielson

Jungle Girl
Oct 16, 2013
Our Holy Aika-sama,
Bless us with your search function fix to enH-ighten our minds.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Sep 3, 2012
Posting in a thread doesn't make you subscribe automatically to the said thread anymore.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Jul 14, 2013
Posting in a thread doesn't make you subscribe automatically to the said thread anymore.
There's an option for that, and I'm pretty sure it's working.
It's on Notifications "tab" of User Settings.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 31, 2012

You should be able to by checking the bottom left of any page on the bar that has the Help, Contact Us, Go To Top, etc, options. I changed mine to the "Old School" style, which actually looks pretty decent imo, for the base settings that are in there. We're gonna be working on some new styles here soon once we've ironed out all of the other kinks. The forum running properly and smoothly is more important at the moment I think, even though I agree that the default style is ugly as fuck.

Schaloper

Demon Girl Pro
Apr 1, 2014
Not to sound like a broken record but a "ignore" option would to great to reintroduce to remove threads users such as myself never want to see again.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
Yes for god sakes please bring back the ignore threads. Threads that I've ignored from 3 years ago are now back and I have to sort through 999 pages of threads that I can't remember what kind of shit was on it.

But most importantly, is there going to be some kind of server rollback or restoration to the old forum? Everything was perfect as it was, why fix what's not broken...

Dec 16, 2008
But most importantly, is there going to be some kind of server rollback or restoration to the old forum? Everything was perfect as it was, why fix what's not broken...
Because it wasn't intentional, that's why.