Well that was fun

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Yes for god sakes please bring back the ignore threads. Threads that I've ignored from 3 years ago are now back and I have to sort through 999 pages of threads that I can't remember what kind of shit was on it.

But most importantly, is there going to be some kind of server rollback or restoration to the old forum? Everything was perfect as it was, why fix what's not broken...
They need things that don't work with the old softwares, and it will take a while before they can make it looks and feels like the old days.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Feb 18, 2013
Old links in the ulmf.org/bbs/showthread format should now correctly redirect to the new URL format, so people running index / list pages please get back down from the ledge, you don't need to jump!
THANK YOU!

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
Jan 21, 2016
Hmnn.. if you have time for less pressing matters, the rp-sections are in need of a resorting, I struggled a little trying to find the signup thread and I knew where to look, without the shoutbox it's harder to find as well.. plus I'll be honest, I don't quite understand the seperation of Roleplay/PbP Forums.
Also also, the whole rp section could use a good dusting, I.e. moving inactive rps to the archieved section, there's things that had no new responses for three or four years floating about, new roleplay interests can be excused for being hoplessly lost trying to find an entry point.

pstone

Jungle Girl
Apr 25, 2013
I know I'm repeating previous comments here but I'd just like to point out the urgency:
  • Please re-implement the "hide thread" feature.
  • Please make the search function handle encoding of Japanese characters properly instead of having it look for Unicode codes.

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Jul 16, 2015
Is the function to search for a certain word in a thread available? I tried using the Search thing next to the number that shows what page you're on but it doesn't work.

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Jul 21, 2015
well, wow. are you guys going to try restore some of the customizing options of our profiles etc. fix the avatar size issue. if this vb5 doesn't go any well with your vision are you gonna debate on new ULMF home for us all? :confused:

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
Is the function to search for a certain word in a thread available? I tried using the Search thing next to the number that shows what page you're on but it doesn't work.
What? I literally just searched for search in this thread and it's working fine.

Stuffie

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Jul 5, 2010
What? I literally just searched for search in this thread and it's working fine.
The search function acts very different right now. When searching for a word - like I just searched "aika" - the following screen will show a "thread" of all the posts with a hit. They're not shown brightly by colour, nor are the search results shown with small "preview-like posts". Search actually creates a "ghost thread of search results", which can be quite confusing.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Jan 16, 2011
I'm having adaptation issues with the search function and I can't even get an avatar to upload after multiple tries of various filetypes and filesizes. Feels bad.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 2, 2008
well, wow. are you guys going to try restore some of the customizing options of our profiles etc. fix the avatar size issue. if this vb5 doesn't go any well with your vision are you gonna debate on new ULMF home for us all? :confused:
It was less a vision and more of a necessity, as the previous php version was riddled with exploits and weaknesses, and when updating the php, the previous vbulletin could not function on the newer php.

It wouldn't have taken much, as I tried one of the exploits out myself. The exploit, coupled with a hashcracker, I could literally mine hundreds of thousands of real world passwords and emails. We're slowly working on the issues, but like moving into a new home, it will take time to get everything where it needs to go.

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Jul 21, 2015
It was less a vision and more of a necessity, as the previous php version was riddled with exploits and weaknesses, and when updating the php, the previous vbulletin could not function on the newer php.

It wouldn't have taken much, as I tried one of the exploits out myself. The exploit, coupled with a hashcracker, I could literally mine hundreds of thousands of real world passwords and emails. We're slowly working on the issues, but like moving into a new home, it will take time to get everything where it needs to go.
i see.. forum designer to another, all these updates you want to set up and put up will take this forum exactly four to six months to be updated completely. i mean, it is massive update to add to the forum for everything you need to make everything the way it was in new vb5. that would suck. i had broken my own record few months ago, i managed to complete entire forum in four days regardless of normal 11 hours to 2 months of work. so i wish i could offer help but you guys got everybody you need. all i can do is wish you the best.

Mar 17, 2012
Sorry to bring up yet another problem, but it seems un-activated members have no ability to send private messages, so they cannot ask for activation. Been talking to someone on discord who's been a member since 2014 and has yet to be activated. (feel free to PM me for more info if needed, Mind Flayer is who he PM'ed for activation)

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Dec 18, 2016
Don't know what's the problem but this new engine makes double posts for me sometimes.... What can be the problem?

kamakichi

Jungle Girl
May 10, 2013
I'm having a lot troubles using the new searching system... I can't find anything, not even threads that are on the first page when searching for the RJ code in the title of it...

I'm searching for the thread about RJ203431 and I can't find it, and I know I'm gonna need some help making this search engine work. Thanks a lot guys

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Jul 21, 2015
That. You go beat up dat mean coding.
i could actually help fix the site but i'm not part of the team or staff team. so i doubt they would let a seasoned forum designer on their team. i'd volunteer of course.. again, it's completely up to them.

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Jul 16, 2015
You're right it works on this thread but when I use it on say the Unbreaker thread in Hentai Games to find the word "awesome"(which is a word in the very first post) it won't work at all. I tried many other words that I know that are in the thread but it won't show any results at all.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 2, 2008
i see.. forum designer to another, all these updates you want to set up and put up will take this forum exactly four to six months to be updated completely. i mean, it is massive update to add to the forum for everything you need to make everything the way it was in new vb5. that would suck. i had broken my own record few months ago, i managed to complete entire forum in four days regardless of normal 11 hours to 2 months of work. so i wish i could offer help but you guys got everybody you need. all i can do is wish you the best.
Actually, I am not a forum designer at all; by trade, I am a network/system administrator with a specialization in security, and a smattering of other entry to journeyman level skills in coding.

So what exactly makes you say your expertise wouldn't be welcome?