Well that was fun

Kemious

Jungle Girl
Feb 17, 2011
You keep playing games with my heart Ulmf

Nov 8, 2011
Man, there was something strangely comforting about the old ulmf theme... I'm gonna miss those no frills boxes. :(

Termite

A bug
Apr 8, 2009
For people complaining about not seeing threads on their mobile, just turn the phone on its side. Not sure if this is true or not, but I think the forum has trouble displaying things in such a confined space.

Zepheral

Super Sand Lesbian
Jun 15, 2014
For people complaining about not seeing threads on their mobile, just turn the phone on its side. Not sure if this is true or not, but I think the forum has trouble displaying things in such a confined space.
When in doubt, believe in the termite......but he also might steal renemon from time to time.

Renmaru

Jungle Girl
Mar 26, 2012
Well the forum seems to be going down every night now... is this going to be a thing..?

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 24, 2014
What if im too lazy to do that? I already said, it doesnt work only when on portrait mode. Landscape mode are fine, nothing wrong with that. That is why i said if its not so much a hasle they should fix it, because as for a lazy lurker that are too lazy to use both hand its important

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
Any ETA on "ignore threads" option and list coming back? This is all we really need, everything else is tolerable imo.

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Jun 28, 2011
Really appreciate the work you put in, Aika and team.
I understand that a lot of functions are not yet available/are somehow not showing up due to this being an all-new experience.
That being said, I cannot for the life of me find the search function anymore - neither the general "Search" nor the thread-/subforum specific search.
This is especially odd since I remember using it when the forum first came back (IIRC).

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Really appreciate the work you put in, Aika and team.
I understand that a lot of functions are not yet available/are somehow not showing up due to this being an all-new experience.
That being said, I cannot for the life of me find the search function anymore - neither the general "Search" nor the thread-/subforum specific search.
This is especially odd since I remember using it when the forum first came back (IIRC).
Search function is temporarily down.

edit: seems there might be incompatibilities with some browser add-ons. (linkification)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Jul 29, 2010
I do hope that the subscriptions list goes back to how it was before, with a page where you can view all subscribed threads that have unread messages on them.
At current, it's really more like an alert-system, and it's much harder to keep track of what's new and unread.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Jul 14, 2013
iamnuff
there is something resembling old subscriptions - click Messages on the top-right of the page and select Go to Message Center - subscriptions with new posts will be visible on the right under Notifications Preview. Hope this is what you want/need.

Nov 8, 2011
Any chance we could get the old look back? The themes down below just seem so hollow in comparison

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Oct 25, 2014
So... after this update is done, can we expect encryption (https) any time soon?

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Jul 21, 2015
Actually, I am not a forum designer at all; by trade, I am a network/system administrator with a specialization in security, and a smattering of other entry to journeyman level skills in coding.

So what exactly makes you say your expertise wouldn't be welcome?
late reply..
one reason: because i think Aika wouldn't be ok with letting a forum designer with years of designing forums on her belt fix entire ULMF in less than ten days. plus, i have experience with Vbulletin message boards before. it would take only few setups to fix the ULMF as well to reinstate the original theme look on updated V5 Message Board. and none of you guys don't know me that well so i understand that you would be skeptical about it.

in short, i really don't want to be the "fuckup" for ULMF and be ridiculed. never in my years have i broke a forum before.. especially a forum full of people who call this home. yeah, i'm afraid and wouldn't feel welcome being part of team.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
If what you say is true, why not give it a shot? Also at this rate, ten days would be a godsent to fixing the forums. Surely it can't be that easy...

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Jul 21, 2015
If what you say is true, why not give it a shot? Also at this rate, ten days would be a godsent to fixing the forums. Surely it can't be that easy...
like i said before in previous pages of this thread, it is completely up to the Administration Team.

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Sep 19, 2013
I see, well either way all we really need right now is an ignore thread option. I can tolerate everything else.

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Apr 4, 2012
EDIT: Looks like we're gonna have pretty major bandwidth issues until I get around to optimising php and enabling cloudflare. All that will happen soon.
I used to like Cloudflare back before they started providing free service. Now even paid plans cause a lot of lag and even downtime. Have you ever considered implementing your own caching rules? It's not as complicated as it sounds and can reduce bandwidth by a lot without the performance hit.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Apr 14, 2011
I see, well either way all we really need right now is an ignore thread option. I can tolerate everything else.
Yyyyup. I made a LOT of use of that function on the old forums, so many dumpster fire threads I want nothing to do with. Not having access to ignore makes it a lot harder to scroll through for new/interesting stuff.