What's new

What is fun gameplay mechanic in RPG Maker games?

Pimpim

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I was thinking and to be honest I find a big majority of the RPG maker games to be lacking in some areas. Some games are way to grindy and some games lacks "adventure"/action all together.

NTRPG
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=25646

Games like NTRPG has its gameplay oriented around talking, going places and trying to find out where to go to find the next scene. But in the end the game is very linear and does not offer much in terms of replay value.

What type of game and gameplay is the most fun in a game without combat oriented gameplay? Please share your thoughts on what you prefer.

Also if you played a game where one of the female characters was a 18 year old, attractive, innocent looking young girl, what would she look like (body, hair, clothes)?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

ZenReningard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: What is fun gameplay mechanic in RPG Maker games?

RPG with an actual story in it. ive played some and there weren't real story's in it. some were just a bunch of random events, not that i complain since some are funny. but lack of story is also an issue in my book.

i know, there are people who never read the story at all, they just skip it and all just to play while sometimes IN the story says where you have to go (explains why some people are stuck and go ask where to go on the internet).

also, whats with the second question? i mean, is it that important for a female protaginist (sorry, not english, bad grammar on some words) unless it will be an H-game, then i havent said anything.

anyway's, a little bit of grinding isn't bad, as long as you dont go overdo it. for the rest, well. i don't know really.