What's new

What kind of engine does shinachiku-castella games run on?

Asmo

Reputation score
I was playing through RJ214280 and didn't want to use my phone each time I wanted a line translated. Did a little digging and downloaded ITH. Tried to use the hook built into ITH and I get the error "Unable to inject App Translator.dll into process.". I want to know what engine the game runs on so I can download what I need to translate the game for myself. Screenshot (425).png

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Have you tried the AGTH? When all else fails that usually works still for me.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Failing that, VNR has a module where it will monitor areas of the screen for text and automatically OCR and translate it, But anyway, guessing from the dll and the icon, your game looks like it's in Livemaker to me.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Failing that, VNR has a module where it will monitor areas of the screen for text and automatically OCR and translate it, But anyway, guessing from the dll and the icon, your game looks like it's in Livemaker to me.
Yeah sometimes that is the only method available. Though the incessant refreshing (OCRing the area; and sometimes the subsequent momentary lag that may ensue ingame) plus that green loading circle in the bottom-left when VNR is doing it, could be bothersome. lol
Btw, any way to use its OCR feature on games with engines VNR can't attach itself to? Like, for example some flash games?

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Yeah sometimes that is the only method available. Though the incessant refreshing (OCRing the area; and sometimes the subsequent momentary lag that may ensue ingame) plus that green loading circle in the bottom-left when VNR is doing it, could be bothersome. lol
Btw, any way to use its OCR feature on games with engines VNR can't attach itself to? Like, for example some flash games?
I was trying to work that out the other day. I ended up opening a game it could hook to in the background, then putting the game I wanted on top of it and using the "monitor desktop" option, which just monitors whatever it can see in the box. I'm sure there's a better way to do it then that! If there are only small amounts of text you want to OCR now and then, you can just use VNR without hooking it to anything - have it in the system tray, and set up the shortcut. I have mine set so that if I hold Alt and drag out a box VNR will automatically OCR anything in it. I mostly use it to translate the Japanese names of levels in Mario Maker on twitch streams. :D

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
@djweish
Hot damn, you may be on to something here!!

Gonna experiment with this. What I really would like to achieve, is to have it monitor an area and automatically OCR it with the image processing enabled (playing with the options there can make a text otherwise unreadable for other OCR softwares, readable) - even if it's a game not compatible/hookable with VNR.

Thanks for the info!