What's new

Which one out of Nutaku or Hooligapps is the original?

ShadowSpade

Reputation score
While using an HK VPN (that placed me in Hong Kong) I came across an ad for a typical Nutaku game but was led to another site named with the exact same games as This led me to start wondering which one was the original and which one is re-hosting games.

What are your thoughts on this? 😄

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
iirc did it first but, started with translated DMM games

KGery

Reputation score
Hooligapps is the older site, but whether a given game was first on Nutaku or Hooligapps is hard to tell. They probably have separate servers, and in general Nutaku is the more popular one so more players play the games hosted there.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Huh. I've never heard of hooligapps until now. surprising. Nutaku isn't really taht trustworthy of an site though. They shut down jp games rather quickly and attempt to push western made ones. Aigis failed on nutaku somehow and they won't tell us why.

JorgeFFC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I wouldn't call nutaku ever trustworthy.
- They shut down games without any explanation.
- Lack of updates in free pools and horrible rates on summons and stuff turn the games even worse.
- Their translation ain't that good in most cases, i remember some cards on games such as Dragon Providence(yeah, already closed) with errors as if the translator was high.
- They make deals with "Sakuragames" chinese publisher. For those who ain't aware, even non-official translation groups or solo translation ends up better since all this company does nowadays is to throw stuff at google translator or similar program and then sell it as if they actually worked on it, not ignoring the fact that they don't even have licence to sell most of their stuff and were already sued many times... and yeah, nutaku got a deal with this shaddy group selling their stuff.

Basically, in this page, ur money matters and ur opinion not. I've followed nutaku since it started and not only aigis was closed without any explanation, they actually closed more than 10 games that were originally published by dmm, however dmm nowadays started their own translations and english games as well, probably wanting to disconnect themselves from nutaku, some people used to say that dmm servers and rates were always better(WAY BETTER) than nutaku stuff and their lagged events in-game. Well, up to ur own opinion, my personal remains the same, Nutaku is a crap money grubber page, just that. Never heard about the other one though.

theChaser

Reputation score
Isn´t Hooligapps dead? I check it from time to time but haven´t seen anything new in months.
As for Nutaku i feel the same as JorgeFFC.
Didnt know DMM went into english translations. Is that for real? That would be nice.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Isn´t Hooligapps dead? I check it from time to time but haven´t seen anything new in months.
As for Nutaku i feel the same as JorgeFFC.
Didnt know DMM went into english translations. Is that for real? That would be nice.
They release an official English KamiHime Project version. Dunno if there already other game in english there (or their plan for other english game).