What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry I did fix the original error, my bad! For some reason, I had to move all my files into the C drive.

But now I cannot play it because the menu adn everything is fine but nothing pops up when I play.

I'm wondering if it's b/c my computer is too old (2014) or if it's something else? :( Thanks for replying btw
Just out of curiosity. Are you using Windows 10?
If so, do you by any chance have special characters on your Windows account?

Subin

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just out of curiosity. Are you using Windows 10?
If so, do you by any chance have special characters on your Windows account?
I'm using Windows 7....do you think that's the root of the problem?

And what do you mean special characters?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, if you're not using Windows 10, then I don't think it's related to the username.
However it's worth to check. By special characters, I mean characters that accentuation (e.g. â, ã, á, à or ä)

I have Windows 10 and I had a major problem with my 1st user given by the tech that build my rig. It had a special character on the username and caused a lot of bugs on applications, mainly because Windows was not able to find my documents folder.

As you may know, many of the applications write temporary files on that folder. If on run-time, Windows can't access/find the folder for writting purposes, you're pretty much screwed.

My solution was as clean as possible and to avoid unecessary head aches..
I just created a new user with simple characters. No accentuation whatsoever.

Reputation score
If you are still thinking about enemies to put in game don't forget about plant 42 and the spiders from resident evil 5

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Any idea when the next demo comes out? Hopefully I'll be able to run it.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Making a RE inspired ero game is one of my dream games to make, so I'm happy to see someone else taking on a project like this!

I'll have to echo the sentiment that this game needs another optimization pass. Generally speaking, you leave optimization last when developing a game, but I feel like this game would be better off with some early code and geometry treatment. This way you can have more people playing with better fps and in turn get more supporters.

In any case, I'll watch this project, good luck!

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Subin
Hmm that error... it seems to me that it has to be related to the graphic card. If you can go to the title screen and it's working fine, then try to go to settings menu and in the graphic section set everything to low. Then try again- if it works then go back to title screen, back to settings, press the auto settings for graphics and after that, set water detail to lowest and try again. If it works then it's a matter of incompatibility between SM5 and you graphic card (that damn water shows to be nothing more than headaches to me -.-)

@bigboss919
Thanks you so much for your feedback! We've already made some changes to the sexttacks that will be introduced in the next version. It will feature a cloth damage system. Also the new changes will hopefully improve the camera for the scenes.
As for the characters, well there will be more playable characters (featuring males and females- with one of the males already confirmed: Chris). I have the same feeling for Jill :) but storywise we need/want more characters ^^

@Mistix
I, myself, am pretty aware of those kind of 'errors' windows has. Had to suffer not so long ago too lol.
But probably the error he was having was caused by a mistake on my end while creating the easy-to-play shortcut... maybe I forced it someway to try to read from C, dunno :/

@BAB PEEG
Thank you for bringing more enemies to my attention ^^. Thinking on plants, they could be a nice addition but then thinking about animating them... hmmm xD

@nope.spawn
Unfortunately there's no estimated date for the next version yet. We're currently working very hard on the new features and addons and struggling with the "working rigs". But we really want and hope for it to not take too much time to get done. I hope you can run it too. This time we'll try to avoid features like SM5 and see if that improves on performance and allows everyone to play it.

@laek
Thank you for your words!
The next version should see an improvement in optimization too. Funny thing is, the 0.0.3 version already features a lot of code-cleaning and almost everything has proper LODs (It doesn't use streaming levels but still the map is pretty small for that xD). I think the problems comes from using an older engine version aswell as using a non-production-ready feature like LPV maybe we didn't configure it well or something and that may be causing the problems in performance. Hopefully those will be solved for the next version.

bigboss919

Reputation score
@VersusX

Well if you have Chris, and have voice acting in any sense in the game, I have to request that you have someone, maybe the main bad guy, yell out "CHRIIIIIIIIIS" Like Wesker at the end of RE5, just so I can die laughing again.

herakleides

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@VersusX

I see you Guys doing a Great job and work Hard on it.
I will thank you in Advance that you are making this Game !
Can´t wait to see what its been like.
Always loved the RE series.

pennywise57

Reputation score
Hey !
So I just discovered your game and tested it out. It seems really promising ! The cons first :
- controls are a little stiff
- frustratingly short
But I know, both those problems are logical, given the really early state of the game. The pros now :
- Jill has great boobs ! Seriously
- I've always loved RE games. And hentai. So combining both is pretty awesome.
- difficulty of this early stage is not too low, not too high. You got me with the timer, I thought I had 3 minutes to kill off every zombie in the room ! That would have been hard lol.
So yeah, really, really promising, and I'll follow this closely.
What I would expect from that kind of game (it's really personal thoughts, not resquests) :
- clothes that get progressively torn apart
- different chars to choose from (my little favorite, Claire Redfield, how I dream about that)
- voice for the female char when getting hit, making an effort, getting raped, etc...
- orgasm or pleasure meter, giving buffs or debuffs.
Also, was it just my imagination or did Jill's belly inflate after rape ?
Congrats for this really exciting project !

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@bigboss919
Hahaha such a 'feature' would be amazing. Unfortunately for now there's no voice acting. But I'll keep that in mind if we ever can have afford it.

@herakleides
Thanks to you for your kind words!

@pennywise57
Thank you very much for your feedback!
Hopefully the next version will solve both of those cons :)
It should also feature greater boobs for Jill hahaha.
It wasn't your imagination, there's inflation in the game ^^.
Oh and there will be different characters and also cloth damage system.
Voice acting is something we'd like to have but... well, we'll see if we can afford it in the future.

pennywise57

Reputation score
@VersusX tose are some great news ! Makes me even more excited about the project.

For the voices, can't you use the voices from the games ? I don't know if that would cause copyright issues.

minishotgun

Reputation score
@VersusX my take on the game; it seems like a solid start for an H-game, never played the RE games but even i can tell when gameplay is good, which it is, pistol is a bit wonky but you still manage to land head-shots if your aim is right, the the slow-zombie is easily dealt with, so anyone with decent videogame experience should beat this level on the first try without getting hit once. so unless the next enemy is a bit more difficult to shake off, you only gonna get raped if you want it to happen.
but just in case someone, somehow, did manage to get hit and lost health, one little healing item on the alpha level would be welcome (or at the very least to extend the raping on the 2nd floor since once your endurance is finally empty to be knocked down, you already lost 50% health)

if a zombie should grab you the sex-scene is rather short, but i'm well aware a gallery-mode is in work (which i always love in H-games). and it's a bit sad that, currently that there is no game-over rape, adding that would be nice, and if its just the normal-sex scene on loop, but i doubt those sex-crazy zombies would refuse a jill sandwich just because the health got empty instead of the endurance. most H-games treat the health-bar more like a "power" bar anyways, where empty means that your character got so worn-down she can't move a muscle anymore and is, in case of nearby enemys, raped until someone presses continue

so yeah, only wishes would be a Gallery and Game-over Rape or, more like a "you got no power to move, now witness how everyone proceeds to fuck you" screen.

but otherwise, solid gameplay, there is a bright future ahead for this game, so please don't disappoint me, or anyone else, midway trough development because you, or the team, don't have that drive anymore to continue working on it.

cell943

Reputation score
@bigboss919
Voice acting is something we'd like to have but... well, we'll see if we can afford it in the future.
I don't remember if this is already featured in the game, but you can purchase prerecorded voice sfx for you game (specifically moans) for super cheap (usually less than $10 per file). It'd probably be less than $100 to voice one character with those, and I doubt most people would complain if you reused the files for all the characters. Some would, but not most.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@pennywise57
Nah we can't make use of those sounds. A shame, I know, but they would cause copyright issues for sure.

@minishotgun
Thanks you so much for your feedback!
And don't worry, we won't lose our spirit or drive to make this game. But there's something that can change everything and that will be the support. While the game will be completely free, we can't be spend our lifes making a game that won't generate support (I'd wish we could just eat and pay everything up from just air but that's just a dream that will never come true I'm afraid lol). But as I said some time before, we want to be positive about that and don't want to lose our time thinking on that rather working on the next version :)

@cell943
Thanks for your suggestion. The game only features voices for Infected but not for Jill. And even if that's a good idea what you suggest, since we expect it to have voices acting in the future (when we can afford it) it would we double costing to spend money on those sfx now and on actors later on. Also, around 100$ is expensive for us right now hahaha.

minishotgun

Reputation score
@VersusX glad to hear that, i'm simple regarding creating games, as long i see or hear or read about progress i'm happy, i just gotten a bit jaded about indie games recently, because either development ceased completly because someone important left or the team lost its drive, the Devs never communicate and nobody knows what the hell is going on, or the game is updated, but only those paying patreon will hear about it.

now i don't hate patreon itself, you gotta get cash somehow, i just hate how some people use it, most times the dev has a blog or something, but hardly updates it, meanwhile i see the patreon posting update after update, and i can't read any of it since i'm not a patreon, i can understand exclusive pictures or alphas/betas, but i ain't gonna pay 5$ to read the patchnotes.

but i think it's a healthy toughtprocess to not think too much about certain issues and just work on the next version, so yeah, can't wait for the next version, just please don't go overboard with ideas, innovation is cool and all until it impacts the main-game itself and you don't get to finish the game since you want to include so many extras.

Best of luck in finishing this game Versus.

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'll have to give this a shot sooner or later since I'm a huge RE fan.

Claire > Jill

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hello everyone!
it's been a long time since the last time I updated in here so I have to apologize for that. But we're really busy working in the next version.

Being this an important date for such a project we wanted to give a gift for everyone :)

So we made an small project for today, called:
Bioasshard Secret Files: Failed Experiment

It's a comic that shows an small but important part of the story for the Bioasshard game.
It also features a new character ;)

The download is already available in our for patrons.
And will be released for everyone later today in our blogs ( and )

Hope you like it and please have a Happy Halloween! :D