What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [吉国大輝 / Yoshiiki] Petals of Rose

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Free means free, fuck dumb paywalls, fuck waiting time based on given money, screw all that crap.
Everything is in post above. Thanks for reading :D
Wow, that's a pretty daring move. You might see yourself losing patrons who were there just for the patron privileges, but I think this move might also help to boost the game's popularity since now everyone can play it. You ought to promote it more now though. You'll need to get more visibility for this project to benefit from the fact that free tends to mean more players.

It's still good for those of us who have issues with choosing between our hentai and our bills.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Wow, that's a pretty daring move. You might see yourself losing patrons who were there just for the patron privileges, but I think this move might also help to boost the game's popularity since now everyone can play it. You ought to promote it more now though. You'll need to get more visibility for this project to benefit from the fact that free tends to mean more players.

It's still good for those of us who have issues with choosing between our hentai and our bills.
Then that will be that... As for promotion... Yeah, one of those days I will find enough time for shilling... maybe... who knows? xD
I will think about it after next release :p

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Copy-paste from patreon:

Playtesting before update release.
I did post this on Discord, but I guess not everyone could see it.
Anyway, for those who want to playtest few things (mainly some quests and battle system) and later other stuff as I add things along the way, jump on discord server (link above, please don't use temporary accounts as I will be forced to keep adding roles over and over
).

Then just message me, PM or @ me in general room.
I need to change few things in current build, but it's a matter of hours.
Also, so there is no confusion:
- Patreon supporters get priority because number of people will be limited.
- If you just want access because update is taking too long rather than helping... Please, just wait for proper update, it will be better for me and you

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Unfinished version of 0.2A has been posted. Links are on patreon/my dev blog (check signature).

Banshee96

Reputation score
Nice game, hope to see it through to the end! :D
0.2 is pretty good so far, will be following this game. It is quite difficult if you try to rush the game (bad habits). Trying not to brute force it for now :p
How do you do the second bounty quest without killing Alec? Tried going to South Manura via overworld, doesn't work...?

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Nice game, hope to see it through to the end! :D
0.2 is pretty good so far, will be following this game. It is quite difficult if you try to rush the game (bad habits). Trying not to brute force it for now :p
How do you do the second bounty quest without killing Alec? Tried going to South Manura via overworld, doesn't work...?
Lately I have been so stacked with work, I didn't had any time for Rose :/
But it's temporary so there is that :D
To answer your question in a spoiler:
When you encounter him in the tent, you get 3 choices:
  • I am sorry [kill Alec]
  • No, but you are on your own.
  • No, and I can even help you.
First one is obvious, so going to ignore it.
Second one means that Rose will lie to Colonel Talmhach that Alec has been killed by her. Just like first option, that's where it all ends for this side story. Other than stats, nothing major.
Third option however... Rose will lie to Colonel Talmhach that Alec has been killed. On top of that, she also decides to help Alec with his love issue, starting a new side quest called: "Love knows no bounds". It will require going all the way back to Sekum and solving this whole mess... Of course, there will be an option to do it either by force or by trickery (and I am probably going to give an option to use Rose's newly acquired noble status).
Buuuut, that part of the map isn't finished, so for now it just unlocks new quest.