What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [吉国大輝 / Yoshiiki] Petals of Rose

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Another thing, there are no saves between before going into the gate and receiving the adventurers' clothes, so it can be a bit annoying to go through all those cutscenes without the ability to save so if the game crashes or runs into an error, your previous save is quite far off. It's only at most 5 min of skipping, but thats still a bit inconvenient. Maybe add a save option just after a cutscene?
Yeah, that is something I acknowledged and designed most of the cut scenes in new content to have some "break" points where a player can save. But true, I will add "break point" just after Vizar is taken away, should be a good spot for that.
Though... If enough sucked in, player will forget to save anyway... What I will add for 0.1.4a is autosave so it can do it's thing in the background. I wanted to add it for this release, but... Like with everything else, not enough time.
And yet another minor issue, the H-Stats option has nothing to do with H-stats. It only shows regular stats.
Oh yeah, I completely ignored it, fully knowing what will happen. I did start working on it and had to pause. Amount of time I was taking was annoying me as fuck... I think I was only one super annoyed by how much it's taking to finish than anyone else, which is weird xD

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ok, dropped quickfix. Now private life matters and then back to fixing Sedara.
Oh boy, it never ends xD

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
See a new update, it's Patreon only.

That's not a problem, I will wait for a possible public release?

(Those Dr House memes will never be old)

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
See a new update, it's Patreon only.

That's not a problem, I will wait for a possible public release?

(Those Dr House memes will never be old)
What I am going to say, may sound weird, but trust me, there is a lot of logic behind it xD
I don't plany any other public releases other than maybe re-releasing demo so it has all gimmicks that main version has. Generally, I would like to try selling this when it's done (trying doesn't mean it's 100% sure).
However... If someone leaks it, then that's that. I don't support piracy, but I am not going to fight with or do anything against it. If someone would literally post links in this thread, I wouldn't say or do anything.

Here is the thing though, just the fact that it's still not leaked, means there is not big enough interest... which in it's own weird way is quite sad xD

Umbraunt

Reputation score
What I am going to say, may sound weird, but trust me, there is a lot of logic behind it xD
Here is the thing though, just the fact that it's still not leaked, means there is not big enough interest... which in it's own weird way is quite sad xD
Or, and hang with me cause this is a new and rare concept, maybe the people who are actually paying respect your work enough to not post links directly into the thread. I know, it's a crazy notion, but just maybe people actually like your work and want you to succeed.

(I say this not being a patron myself. Oh well, I'm still cheering for you and waiting patiently for a public release.)

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Or, and hang with me cause this is a new and rare concept, maybe the people who are actually paying respect your work enough to not post links directly into the thread. I know, it's a crazy notion, but just maybe people actually like your work and want you to succeed.

(I say this not being a patron myself. Oh well, I'm still cheering for you and waiting patiently for a public release.)
And here is interesting thing, both what you said and I said can be (and with high probability are) true. There actually is a point why game is in post and not sent in e-mails, same why payment method is set to monthly and not as charge on pledge. Taking that into account, tells me there is not enough interest... Big chunk of that is related to very, very weak promotion, which is completely on my shoulders... And it should be 50% promotion and 50% making product and not 99% of making the game, so from that perspective I got my priorities wrong xD
Generally, more popular the game, easier it is to find a copy on the web.

Technically, dropping public releases from time to time would give it a short boost, that however would require a little bit more content in... At least complete chapter one, mostly due to lack of repetitive grind that I refuse to include in amount that would annoy me during gameplay... Or in a form that would not make it repetitive during normal play through.

Argh, no clue, I will be honest, all I can think about is finishing 0.1.4a/0.1.4b updates so I can get back to adding story and hentai aspects and progressing further... Fuck, maybe I actually should make it publicly available so I don't need to think about issues related with trying to sell this in the future xD

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Making it publicly available wouldn't really help with promotion though. No one can pick up a free game they haven't heard of.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Making it publicly available wouldn't really help with promotion though. No one can pick up a free game they haven't heard of.
Depends. I can guarantee that as soon as it's out there publicly available, many sites that just have adult games on (pirated or not) would pick it up and post as they do that en masse to have as much as possible, plus places like nyaa could have it too. This way, many people that weren't aware, could see it. This is however a short term burst, that doesn't last long, definitely not as effective as good promotion, which takes time to do and manage.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Aaand time for more bugs.

During the first time working at the bar, halfway through serving the first customer just before the decision, I get a LoadingError.
LoadingError: Failed to load: img/pictures/S0W0Uundefined.png
I can still play the game, but it reappears every few seconds and you have to keep pressing "retry".
I tried duplicating and renaming an underwear png to get rid of the error, but then it still happens for S0W1Cundefined.png
I'm guessing it's another issue with image name formatting?

And another positioning issue, Gavril's face and head don't align when speaking to him before training.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Didn't get to that part so far, still cropping images xD
Anyway, I missed one thing in plugin, checked it and it shows image properly. Updated quickfix link.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After the first "quicktime event" (the button input part) the game just freezes once Rose gets to the river/stream.

And is learning how to lockpick tied to a certain route/karma? I could find it in the trial but not in the current version. Also are clothes not for sale anymore?

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
After the first "quicktime event" (the button input part) the game just freezes once Rose gets to the river/stream.
*ponders why she freezes as he played that part two or three days ago* I will take a look into it in a second.
And is learning how to lockpick tied to a certain route/karma? I could find it in the trial but not in the current version. Also are clothes not for sale anymore?
Yes, originally in a demo it was taught by Siddo to Rose, however that was a change just for demo. In normal gameplay, when a player roams around, it's possible to visit certain ranch, where after some detective work and figuring out the culprit, Rose learns how to pick locks. Right now Siddo teaches her a fighting skill as it was originally intended.

On the clothes, I think I said it long time ago. It's not possible to buy clothes (only generic weapons and few other things, so money will have more use than just buying healing items). Each clothing is more of a reward for doing events, but since I wanted to show off some clothes, I added it as extra. Originally I just planned to remove them from inventory, but then item durability plugin fucked that idea over (also, why old saves don't work).

Ok, I fixed it, but now it raises a question... Why suddenly noclip was needed when wasn't during playtest? I wonder if deploying the game had something to do with it. Anyway, I will quickly go through all minigame events to make sure it doesn't happen anywhere else and then update quickfix.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Took a little bit longer because I decided to zoom through whole new content. Seemed unneeded as I didn't catch anything new, but just to make sure. Updating links.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Moooore Bugs time~

When de-equipping headgear, I get the TypeError.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null

Also could you speed up transitions/fade in/outs? They make skipping through text longer than necessary.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Moooore Bugs time~

When de-equipping headgear, I get the TypeError.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null
Yep, already aware of it, was talking about it on discord.
Also could you speed up transitions/fade in/outs? They make skipping through text longer than necessary.
Hmm... That would be quite a workload, considering there are a lot of them and sometimes those are tied to audio fadeout. But since I am going through all events and mainly skipping texts, I will see which ones may be too long, unless I think that shorter one will impact cutscene. But yeah, I guess some older ones may be too long since I was getting used to making cutscenes.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hm. Maybe I should just start dumping all my errors/bugs into Discord

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
You just need to believe....BELIEVE!!!

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Bumping, humping and shit like that.

//---------------------------------------------------//
//-------------- Petals of Rose 0.1.4b --------------//
- Info
I combined 0.1.4a and 0.1.4b into one. This update deals with issues that were created due to many modifications to base game. Adds few functions. No new content added in this update.

-ADDED:
---- Message backlog (Default key: Page Up)
---- Fancy save/load menu.
---- Added AUTOSAVE function.
---- Added QUICKSAVE function (Default key: Page down), should work during events/cutscenes (not so well when a choice pops up).
---- Extra short scene before arriving at Kald village.
---- Probably some bugs.
- FIXED/TWEAKED
---- Option setting contrast in option menu.
---- Optimized rest of images.
---- Corrected every single text line in Sedara (visual wise).
---- Properly aligned all images in Sedara.
---- [REMOVED due to AUTOSAVE/QUICKSAVE functions] Split into two last event in Sedara, so it isn't that long.
---- Editied lighting efffects plugin. When it's off, screen is just tinted during night, not as fancy but gets job done.
---- Changed picture of DK character and a lot of his dialogue to fit new picture better.
---- Fixed (hopefully) Recollection Room
---- Some other things I forgot about.

Also, since it was mentioned... Yes, it's Patreon only.

dudes_tractor_yeah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got the demo a while back in your /hgg/ thread but only managed to play it recently.

The first thing that got my attention was the art style, I do not want to say it is bad but personally I did not like it at all. I was ready to quit the game after the character intro but carried on because the dialogues were somewhat amusing then the H-scenes happened and they all felt really stiff but you know what? I enjoyed them because of the dialogues.
So it seems the forte of the game is the writing the issue being some wonky lines here and there. for example "old man said x and y" you are missing a "the"
Then you have the story and characters I don´t know if it was intentional or if Im giant weeb but it felt really anime-esque you totally captured the scense. needless to say I loved it all.
And finally, your game has soul and passion it shows man,seriously I am definetely becoming a patreon at the end of this month.
tl;drYou should really consider hiring an artist because for an rpg maker game this one is kinda good.