Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

• Total voters

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
Time online
2d 11h 41m
Well this is different and TBH I don't like it but it had to be done. Right now the staff is working on improving things, so I figured I'd create a thread to contain all the salt and hopefully use it in a productive manner. Think of this thread as a way for the staff to gauge what improvements we'd like to see prioritized, but please by no means assume that they'll actually follow this as they have their own prerogatives and rightfully so.

I've taken the liberty of adding a few options to the poll, and will add more as they are suggested, you can vote for multiple things but apparently can only cast your votes once... BEGIN!

Last edited:

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Jan 16, 2011
Time online
4h 50m
I definitely need a night mode because this blue gradient is hurting me physically.

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
Time online
2d 11h 41m
Haha, yeah I like how it has 10 different styles of BURN YOUR RETINAE.

Edit: The grunge theme seems to employ the least amount of bright colors, but the background for threads is still white.

Last edited:

shortbus

Demon Girl
Sep 29, 2017
Time online
The biggest issue I see right now is that when I look at the latest activity section, it shows the first post of the thread and not what I feel would be the more important actual last post of the thread instead.

prinnyleader77

Demon Girl Pro
Jun 2, 2013
Time online
0m
I just want to see the Threads I already saw or that haven't had updates so I can see the new things and not have to guess what is new

Oct 31, 2014
Time online
19h 10m
Eh Grunge is a bit better, thanks! Defintely need Night Eyes or similar back, that should be easy-ish though. I would like the old CP back as well, not sure that counts in the "old forum view back" option or not...

Jul 12, 2009
Time online
4h 7m
Return of basic functionality - Ignore thread button, thread pages linked when viewing the subforum instead of having to manually go to the page, each page being a button as opposed to a box you type the desired page number into, the old visual scheme, etc etc

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Aug 29, 2016
Time online
17h 28m
In case of reputation, just make sure names are added and visible, so it's plain obvious who gave rep. Will solve 90% of issues.
Also, seems like I am only one annoyed with social media share links. Well, it's a small thing compared to other ones, so that's fine :p

Oct 31, 2014
Time online
19h 10m
In case of reputation, just make sure names are added and visible, so it's plain obvious who gave rep. Will solve 90% of issues.
Do you remember the great Ulmf Flame Wars of long days past? Ah, the stench of triggering & burned salt, bad times, bad times...

Not that I was there either, but it apparently didn't go over well. :D

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Nov 16, 2015
Time online
3h 6m
Night eyes...want to hide behind soft darkness again

akane750

Demon Girl Master
Jul 21, 2010
Time online
1h 41m
Night Mode, definitely.

Another thing that changed: would it be possible to change/improve Email Notifications[EN] ? Before this...upgraderp...happened, I was subscribed to the whole sub-section (Hentai Games), and had ENs set up to receive a daily letter containing the list of new and updated threads in that sub-section, whilst at the moment I seem to be getting Message Center (Notifications thingy at the top) and EN letters for every post made in every thread of said sub-section. I suppose I'm asking for EN option for "Newly-created threads (for section/sub-section subscriptions) without/instead of notifications about every post in every thread of those sections/sub-sections".

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 10, 2008
Time online
A better host

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Mar 14, 2010
Time online
4h 44m
Revert all changes
The forum was working perfectly before you decided to update.
If it's not broken, for the love of god, don't fix it

Last edited:

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Jan 10, 2017
Time online
0m
A cookie. Chocolate chip.
What? Too much to ask for?
Fine. Then just give me a Night Mode. Or, better yet, change everything back. But I'll settle for Night Mode.

Evil987

Sex Demon
Jul 23, 2010
Time online
8h 23m
Revert all changes
The forum was working perfectly before you decided to update.
If it's not broken, for the love of god, don't fix it
he can't. the server update was incompatible with the previous version of the forum. this was a forced fix, and yes this new forum form is a mess (looking side) but thaks to aika we dont have lost any content at least.

btw, imho, the most important stuff i miss is the night mode (or old view) and tags. and link broken is a very annoying issue too.
this new color hurt my eyes and every standard combination (gradient, wood, default vb5 etcc) is one worse than others.
tags becouse is a very easy method to filter and search threads, and i really miss them.

reputation and all other stuff is nice but not so important (for me). i suggest to try to fix the color/style of the forum first, and then implement other stuff over time.

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Mar 14, 2010
Time online
4h 44m
Why did he need to update in the first place?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 24, 2008
Time online
8h 41m

Zenneth

Jungle Girl
Jul 6, 2012
Time online
5m