Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

• Total voters
Nov 26, 2009
I don't care about anything else aside from a theme that doesn't make my eyes bleed, even through FLUX

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Feb 19, 2012
As someone who doesn't log in daily, can we get the little, "it has been X time since your last log in" indicator back? It used to be right under your username, and it was useful when paging through the forum to know when I could stop looking for new threads. Not super important or anything, but would like it back if possible.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Dec 21, 2010
Moreso than anything else, I'd really like to see an actual DATABASE where we can inventory all of the games. The forum isn't any less important but searching through content to find titles, then find links for those titles is the biggest challenge to any forum structure.

I'll point to the Visual Novel Database, https://vndb.org as a perfect example where forum discussion is a 'child' component of the product title/description/etc. That would be a PERFECT structure for this community, and it could be applied to the other mediums as well.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Jul 7, 2017
List of changes requested:

1. Stuffy's ears as the forum banner
2. bring back tags
3. bring back the dark background/night mode...everything is shiny and chrome...
4.why is everything so small? pls bring back the large avatars and animated avatars...

Satou

Jungle Girl
Mar 13, 2016
I used to be able display search results for threads by the date of the most recent post. Right now, it only displays threads by the date in which the original post was updated.

https://gyazo.com/51990a864ddd5af77fb3c23c31de57bd

I'm not interested in when the OP was updated, but rather which threads have had recent activity, signified by the date of the last post made in a thread.

Jul 12, 2009
hnnnngh

All the threads I give a shit about are buried under ones I ignored years ago. Feels bad man

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
hnnnngh

All the threads I give a shit about are buried under ones I ignored years ago. Feels bad man
Haha, yeah I haven't even gone into the H-section after hearing that all those ignored threads are now un-ignored.

Oct 30, 2011
I like how things are now.

All that is missing is Nyan Cat loop theme.

Selius

Tentacle God
Aug 19, 2011
the page index needs to be at the top of the screen not the bottom

the ability to go straight to the last page of a topic should be right next to the topic title in the topic index.

this new layout sucks. takes 3x as long to get to the posts im trying to read than it should.

Feb 5, 2014
Regardless of what changes are made, I like that you can see how old each topic is. I find that very helpful and I don't think that existed in the old UI.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Aug 9, 2012
i cant get comfortable with the new forum, the threads are all over the place for example the last activity: first thread is 1 hour ago, second is a few minutes ago, third one is 20 hours ago, 4th is 2 hours ago and so on.
if i go into the last activity section it only shows like 5 threads that were posted today and like 10 for yesterday, so this seems very odd and very wrong

Sep 4, 2009
i cant get comfortable with the new forum, the threads are all over the place for example the last activity: first thread is 1 hour ago, second is a few minutes ago, third one is 20 hours ago, 4th is 2 hours ago and so on.
if i go into the last activity section it only shows like 5 threads that were posted today and like 10 for yesterday, so this seems very odd and very wrong
I agree this forum is awful now! I do not feel like anything is categorized or anything! The old site ruled for functionality this new one I don't even want to visit anymore :(

jondom

Mystic Girl
Sep 18, 2012
Agreed with recent posts, my last 2 weeks has basically consisted of stopping by for 30 seconds to see if anything is fixed yet, the new layout is horrible, and slow too.