Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

• Total voters

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
Ugh. These small avatars are disgraces to their former selves. It's like looking at Xenoblade Chronicles on a friend's Wii and then buying it for your 3DS. Fine and recognisable, but not really as visually appealing. I won't ask the impossible (after all, this mess is VBulletin's fault) but the way this forum is now is VERY generic and slow to respond. (I know I made this same point in an earlier thread, but still)
This bog-standard layout makes it look virtually identical to lazy VBulletin forums. It will take time to make it more pleasing to the eye (and less retina-burn-inducing) but I far preferred it how it was. Surely some kind of facsimile is possible with the new OS.

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Jun 30, 2011
You forgot "Fix website for mobile users". I can't see any topics in the mobile version and I can't force/use desktop version either.

Lewdovico

Demon Girl
Oct 22, 2015
Is it just me or is adding images impossible?
I only have the option to upload or select from photo album, which always results in "The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable".
Is the nice, regular old {image}{/image} a thing of the past?

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Mar 14, 2010
Is it now impossible to add images?

Image tags have always been [ img] [ /img] (remove the spacebar)
I've never been in a forum where you used curly brackets for tags, nor the entire word image instead of img

On an unrelated note, avatar/profile pics animate on the who's online sections and user profiles, but not in threads

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2012
I REALLY need the "Ignore Thread" function back. Couldn't find it.

Nov 5, 2011
I can't for the life of me find out how to search for threads any more. It's not in the top right corner next to the pages.

Oct 31, 2014
I can't for the life of me find out how to search for threads any more. It's not in the top right corner next to the pages.
It's been temporarily disabled by Aika, to increase forum speed and decrease the burden on server. A fair bit of broken code floating around right now...

Termite

A bug
Apr 8, 2009
I have a question I'd like answered.

In my account settings I've set the style to be Wood, but whenever I log in it stays on Gradient until I change it. Is that supposed to work that way?

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
We're lucky we can even load up the site and post currently, so in general I'd say no, things are not working as intended.

Milia Fan

Professional Neko Impersonator
Dec 31, 2016
I have a question I'd like answered.

In my account settings I've set the style to be Wood, but whenever I log in it stays on Gradient until I change it. Is that supposed to work that way?
Did you save the changes?

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Jul 7, 2017
with the same fervor and frequency Cato the Elder said "delenda Carthago est" in every roman forum every time the senate is convened, I will also say this in this forum: "A darker background please..."

Someone92

Demon Girl
Mar 27, 2010

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
I'll tell you a secret, those double arrows next to the timestamp? clicking on them takes you to the last post of a thread, shitderp way of doing things, but it works.

Stuffie

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Jul 5, 2010
I'll tell you a secret, those double arrows next to the timestamp? clicking on them takes you to the last post of a thread, shitderp way of doing things, but it works.
You're not even half as cool as captain Jack Sparrow!

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 14, 2011
As it turns out I REALLY miss "ignore thread". I forgot how 80% of the H-games threads were RPG Maker. Bonus points if you can re-implement it and save my hundreds of old ignores.

Also night mode is sorely missed...as in all the options have stark white which is hard on my eyes.

Lastly, its surprising that there isn't a "go to last page". I don't remember the last time I saw a forum without that.

Feb 2, 2014
As it turns out I REALLY miss "ignore thread". I forgot how 80% of the H-games threads were RPG Maker. Bonus points if you can re-implement it and save my hundreds of old ignores.

Also night mode is sorely missed...as in all the options have stark white which is hard on my eyes.

Lastly, its surprising that there isn't a "go to last page". I don't remember the last time I saw a forum without that.
Echoing these, although prioritizing titles would be preferred. I want people to know I'm an employee of Yoshiiki's Shitposting Emporium. I'm not a fan of being called a "Mystic Girl" when it's clear I'm a cat.

Last edited:

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Oct 8, 2011
I want a search function that actually works.

Nov 27, 2017
Same as above, search isn't really returning anything of use. That could be vBulletin though. And I'm sure the bb code isn't right, I make a mess of posting pictures and links but I'm sure the code is correct :S