What's new

Your PC specs and some other questions

pregor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Greetings, readers! :)

I've searched through the forum but found no such a theme about PC specs you are currently using to play hentai games, and at this point I am kinda curious.

If you ask me - I use quite an old notebook with:

Intel Core 2 Duo Proc with 2.0 GHz
2 GB ram
Nvidia Geforce 9650M
Windows 7

With such specs I am usually ok with most rpg-maker games and some games on unity. But big maps with lots of events usually cause FPS drop to something like 5-10 and games become unplayable.

Recently I decided to take a deeper look into RPG Maker VX Ace and that is why I wish to know, whether games' performance is important for you. Do mind splitting, for example, a village map into several smaller maps? Are your ready to sacrifice map's detalization (amount of interactive/moving objects, events) for perfomance? Or you have latest generation i-7 + 64GB ram and 2 GTX 1080 preodered and give no attention to such things? ;)

Would be glad to see your opinions :)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Your PC specs and some other questions

I have basically last year's version of the super rig you listed there, but for hentai, I stick to my older laptop. First or second generation i7, 8gb ram, some Radeon graphics, not sure which. It was built back when swtor came out, so it handles all the hentai I ever need, lol.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I use my gaming rig, 16 gig ram, x6 amd cpu, terabyte sata drive, and a year or two year old radeon brick of a vid card. I spent enough money on it, why not use it for everything?

Despite these specs many games still have problems, it comes from amateur or just plain sloppy coding. That or attempting to do too much with a certain engine, know the limitations of the software you're using to create a game and plan accordingly.

Star Citizen is a perfect example of this, they're using cry-engine which wasn't made to create the large scale areas a space-sim needs, to get around this they shrunk everything down to a minuscule scale, now they're having tons of physics problems because cry-engine can't handle they physics equations they're giving it.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

3 notebooks simliar to OP. One in case the other gives out, one for backups. All of them are cheapass, but all I play is rpg maker stuff and at most league of legends or so. Add to that, that I actually need them to earn me some money its more important I have a car that takes me to work and back safely, than a car that can go 220, if you follow. :p

I'd recommend splitting, for people with worse pcs. I actually have people from India and china and whatnot playing my games, can't trust in them having top of the end stuff.

It's actually also easier on your programming if you don't have events everywheeereee. *chuckles*

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

i7 4770
Galaxy GTX 980 SOC
16 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Some RPGmaker games still lag for me, so even having a high end rig is not going to get rid of all the lag. Like super_slicer said, it's all about the coding optimization.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I7-6700K
16GB RAM
MSI r9-390 8GB
Windows 10
all on an SSD

Im proud to admit i built this pc more to play adult 3d physics heavy games like X-Story Player for example.

For me its all about smoothness, a fps spike/slowdown is the worst.

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

AMD FX-8350
8GB RAM
Ati Radeon HD 7700
120 GB SSD Samsung (Linux)
1TB HDD (Windows10)

I know AMD isn´t the best for play but...
I know ATI isn´t the best for render 3D but...
Grrr... :D

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's a load, you'll get about 5% more shininess out of an nvidia with comparable specs. And the only thing better about intel cpus is that the industry sucks their cocks so much that their instruction sets are pretty much gosphel.

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you want to render with iRay for example.... Nvidia is a better option

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No clue what that is. I assume you're talking about a program used to create 3d models. And you may very well be correct, Nvidia probably receives better support for those types of things.

But as far as a person that isn't interested in developing software, just running it, the extra 50-75% tacked on the price tag isn't worth the minimal performance increase.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As I had to update "recently", due to some hardware failure, here are specs of my girl:

CPU: i5-6600
GPU: MSI R9 390 8GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13
MB: MSI B150
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750W
Storage: 240GB SSD, 2x 1TB HDD

So far no problems anywhere and as I don't care as much for graphics (sigh, ok, if it's 3D hentai game, then I care xD), everything runs more than fine.

I had some real issues with it being super slow and even rmvx ace games running like crap, but it was all due to realtek software being retarded: 100% cpu usage? realtek soft - using "only" 38%, after killing the proccess: 4% cpu usage... srsly. I had to manually "deal with it", permanently.

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But as far as a person that isn't interested in developing software, just running it, the extra 50-75% tacked on the price tag isn't worth the minimal performance increase.
Exactly, I meant 3D rendering. For normal use, as 95% of users (internet, social networking, multimedia, games without 60fps UltraHD) it is more than enough AMD and also cheaper.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As I had to update "recently", due to some hardware failure, here are specs of my girl:

CPU: i5-6600
GPU: MSI R9 390 8GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13
MB: MSI B150
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750W
Storage: 240GB SSD, 2x 1TB HDD

So far no problems anywhere and as I don't care as much for graphics (sigh, ok, if it's 3D hentai game, then I care xD), everything runs more than fine.

I had some real issues with it being super slow and even rmvx ace games running like crap, but it was all due to realtek software being retarded: 100% cpu usage? realtek soft - using "only" 38%, after killing the proccess: 4% cpu usage... srsly. I had to manually "deal with it", permanently.
If you don't care much for graphics, then why did you spend 200$*on a GPU?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you don't care much for graphics, then why did you spend 200$*on a GPU?
There was just enough in my budget to either grab better cpu or gpu. At that time I went with "screw it, at least my future worries will be to lower graphic settings on dx12 games, my cpu should be enough".
This and huge discount on that r9 xD

But I am also a person that fills up his budget for new parts (and sometimes other things) over time so I can just grab new parts and sell old ones if I see the need (or something breaks).
Then again, my last gpu was sapphire 7850 and I was running on 965 amd cpu. So I am not upgrading as often :p

And now I am just sitting here, drawing, doing stuff, working and playing rpg maker games xD

eyes232

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello,

I would like to know you use Steam in your computers if you configure the applocale to japanese?

Maybe is not the problem, but I 'm using more Steam now, and in the beginning of the month my old PC stopped working. I have a new PC but I didn't configured the applocale. Other thing is the account it was the network account(never will usie this again). I'm scared to use applocale to japanse again and have more problems.... But maybe it's is only thing from my head...

What your opinions?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello,

I would like to know you use Steam in your computers if you configure the applocale to japanese?

Maybe is not the problem, but I 'm using more Steam now, and in the beginning of the month my old PC stopped working. I have a new PC but I didn't configured the applocale. Other thing is the account it was the network account(never will usie this again). I'm scared to use applocale to japanse again and have more problems.... But maybe it's is only thing from my head...

What your opinions?
I used Steam and my comp is (more or less) permanently configured to jap applocale. So I don't think that will cause any problem. But what do you mean by your PC stopped working? And how old is your PC?

beerbrew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You can turn off some Win7 services that you're 99% sure you won't be needing. That should free you about 1GB of ram.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hello,

Maybe is not the problem, but I 'm using more Steam now, and in the beginning of the month my old PC stopped working. (...)
Your old PC dying and having applocale + steam is not related. I don't even see how.

eyes232

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok people. I will try again, thanks for the help.

GermanPlasma

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

AMD R9 380
Intel Core i5 4460
8 gigs of ram

This is enough power for every kind of game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)