What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Azurezero] Yuki's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Yuki's Tale (demo)

did the hit enter to go to gameover thing not appear? the bondage animation that happens when you lose normally?
No, she just lay their. Enter did nothing.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No, she just lay their. Enter did nothing.
hmm... i can tell the boss must have died first in that case. dont know why the hit enter to go back to menu didnt work though

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

People were against it, but I really think there needs to be more enemies.
I mean, not every enemy needs to grab you... that would be annoying.

so i've added the most generic enemy possible: goddamn bats.
though i am actually pretty happy with how they move.
if you are referring to people being against adding non h enemy's in my opinion since i did make a post about it a bit back its not that i'm against non h enemy's it's the amount of non h enemy's that triggers me a few here and there to make the game feel less empty is nice but iv seen games where 70% of the enemy's are non H and that is just depressing.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if you are referring to people being against adding non h enemy's in my opinion since i did make a post about it a bit back its not that i'm against non h enemy's it's the amount of non h enemy's that triggers me a few here and there to make the game feel less empty is nice but iv seen games where 70% of the enemy's are non H and that is just depressing.
that won't happen here. even kurovadis had the spiderbots and other mechs to make stuff interesting. hmmm i need to add floor tentacles to the game too at some point... because platforming challenges are also fun

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that won't happen here. even kurovadis had the spiderbots and other mechs to make stuff interesting. hmmm i need to add floor tentacles to the game too at some point... because platforming challenges are also fun
floor tentacles are nice but everyone forgets about wall tentacles.

dfxtent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have to say ceiling tentacles are the most boring option
Non-H enemies are boring, but Tentacles? Never! That is blasphemy.

(They're also the main reason I exist. Nothin' says lovin' like multiple appendages for every orifice!)

In seriousness: ceiling tentacles may sound 'boring' but they'd make a good trap mechanic for a hallway dash - keep moving or get snagged.

And for what it's worth, I had fun with the demo and will be keeping my discreet ocular appendages open for future versions.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Non-H enemies are boring, but Tentacles? Never! That is blasphemy.

(They're also the main reason I exist. Nothin' says lovin' like multiple appendages for every orifice!)

In seriousness: ceiling tentacles may sound 'boring' but they'd make a good trap mechanic for a hallway dash - keep moving or get snagged.

And for what it's worth, I had fun with the demo and will be keeping my discreet ocular appendages open for future versions.
i was only talking about in terms of surface based tentacles, the ones on the ceilings are the most boring, due to players not spending much time up there...

oh and thanks for the comment, because otherwise i wouldve had to wait 20 hours to post this.

finally got to draw yuki's pre damsel quest 3 form

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i was only talking about in terms of surface based tentacles, the ones on the ceilings are the most boring, due to players not spending much time up there...
Play Vita's Great Escape and it could change your mind.....

Just.... Google it because it's loli content and the threads around here have had enough trouble with people not following the rules and the mods threatening to take them down. It's a good ACT game though, with good H content as well.

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ahh vitas great escape so much wasted potential.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Play Vita's Great Escape and it could change your mind.....

Just.... Google it because it's loli content and the threads around here have had enough trouble with people not following the rules and the mods threatening to take them down. It's a good ACT game though, with good H content as well.
I have played it but i recall being dissappointed for some reason...maybe the gameplay just didnt hit me right

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

today i've been tweaking the wall jump. was having difficulty getting it to interrupt the roll. Is best for flow if you dont have to wait for the roll to finish.

also working on some new areas, i realised that you can't get back up from the place with the hooker enemy without the dodge roll, which is why somewhere down that path i'm putting the wall jump. depending what i do with the other path I might have to put the mana barrier down there too...

the alternative is making the player rush through the hazardous take damage for being there area to get the upgrade to protect you from it

also, walljumping accross rooms caused some issues, so i doubled the speed in which the fade works (now the gap is 5 frames so its less likely to get you to fall)

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm gonna be releasing another demo soon. but I still have a few things to add before I do.

I'm changing the scene so yuki isn't knocked down at the start anymore.
I've also added a small segment at the start, so she lands in a different location now. which ends at the location we used to start at

the new demo will have some layout changes and the addition of the ice missles.

and will hopefully actually lead somewhere

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm still just plinking away at it a bit at a time.

I might have to buff the hooker's hp cause she dies too quickly with the addition of missles.

but in general i just need to add more to the map

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I redid Yuki's portrait and fixed her leg.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Today im tweaking a few things, experimenting with a bigger view, yuki does look smaller on screen now but it does mean you get a better view of the boss and stuff... I've been playing momodora games and i cant help but thing a bigger view is better... now i just need to figure out a way to zoom in on the grapples

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I have just the room at the end of the (new) demo to make now. I'm pretty excited now I seem able to do level design again

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Right now, Yuki's tale is meant to be my main project. but im having creative troubles in every field at the moment. I'm having difficulty coming up with ideas, and having difficulty spriting them even if i do. So i woouldnt be surprised if i completed another project before yuki. this is also likely because yuki's a bigger project than most of my work (except damsel quest 3).

EDIT: oh and the latest demo can be downloaded from and I've added a placeholder for the full game when its done so i can properly designate the demo. You can technically pre-order the game now (at a small discount), but i'm hoping to get the game done by june at latest and given my creative troubles i think i'd hold off on it for now

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Are my saves with the old demo compatable with the new?

Edit: answered my own question, no. seems not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.