What's new

ACT [ Maken Ansala ] さきゅばすの日記 / Succubus Affection

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

How it feels with all these links being shot down.

shadowman

Lurker
Reputation score
Zell has always delivered quality in the past. Be patient and good things will come.

Allen_94

Reputation score
Can someone send me a link to the game? The ones I see are down..

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Things have gotten really ridiculous. I thought I found out a new monster girl fan game, downloaded it, and ended up getting Succubus Affection. The uploader changed the title. XD
RIP in peace download links. He should never have added this game.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
To anyone playing the game, is this game actually fun?
Whenever I look at the gameplay, I can see a WHOLE lot of effort being put in, but I can't see it being fun.
  • After seeing the damage numbers, I can infer that there are RPG stats so Grinding is now an aspect of the game. T_T
  • I see the hero doing a lot of skills with a lot of visual effects, but it's really covering Zell's pixel art. I really like the minimalist effects of FOBS.
  • Not only that, but the enemies fight back in simple ways but the Hero's flipping around and doing crazy shit. The only way to add challenge to this would be to tune numbers on the enemy side( which isn't fun in my experience) or have a ton of enemies to fight which takes away from the individuality of the monster girls. They could also make the enemies do crazy shit, but that feels like a lot of work and would really push the pixel art since the base resolution is still kinda small.
  • The protagonist is super strong. If it's still GOR then getting too good at the game means you won't see scenes too much. The whole contract system seems to alleviate that, but I really like the feeling of pressure when playing the game to play well within the FOBS guys limitations.
Those are just my concerns for this game so far.

Obviously FOBS isn't perfect either. There's a lot I would do to improve that game as well, but since this game is still so early in development I'm really curious about whether or not the game will be good.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Whenever I look at the gameplay, I can see a WHOLE lot of effort being put in, but I can't see it being fun.
  • After seeing the damage numbers, I can infer that there are RPG stats so Grinding is now an aspect of the game. T_T
  • I see the hero doing a lot of skills with a lot of visual effects, but it's really covering Zell's pixel art. I really like the minimalist effects of FOBS.
  • Not only that, but the enemies fight back in simple ways but the Hero's flipping around and doing crazy shit. The only way to add challenge to this would be to tune numbers on the enemy side( which isn't fun in my experience) or have a ton of enemies to fight which takes away from the individuality of the monster girls. They could also make the enemies do crazy shit, but that feels like a lot of work and would really push the pixel art since the base resolution is still kinda small.
  • The protagonist is super strong. If it's still GOR then getting too good at the game means you won't see scenes too much. The whole contract system seems to alleviate that, but I really like the feeling of pressure when playing the game to play well within the FOBS guys limitations.

Obviously FOBS isn't perfect either. There's a lot I would do to improve that game as well, but since this game is still so early in development I'm really curious about whether or not the game will be good.
I'm somewhat ambivalent to it. It looks like it's going to be a good game, but personally I enjoy FOBS a little better because it's not just gameplay and H scenes, it's got a fair bit of puzzle elements (with the actual puzzles, finding out where to go and how to get there, not to mention figuring out how to capture enemies) and a few platforming and movement elements (albeit not as big a selling point for me as the puzzle elements) thrown in there as well. Of course, we'll have to see how the game develops from this point on before really in-depth comparisons can be made, as this is literally the first possible version of the game that can be played at this point in time compared to FOBS which has a few years of development time put into it thus far.
As of now, I don't like it as much as FOBS. But there's still a lot of time before the game is finished, so feelings may shift.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score

Point by point :p

I've gotten the demo and i personally think it's pretty genius. If you've played Aria of Sorrow on the GBA you kind of get a similar feel, yet it retains that FOBS feel to some extent. You're just able to do more and movement feels a lot more organic than it does in FOBS (notably the jumping and gravity in general)

As for RPG mechanics, i very much doubt there will be a super expansive leveling system. From what i can tell, and presumably set in stone, capturing monsters you've "charmed" (more on that later) will unlock new skills / allies (as seen in the demo videos). There's scenarios where the camera zooms in (grapples, game over and such) and what's present in the demo is mostly the sword skills being overly obscuring. There's a projectile attack, a sort of slime caltrop throw and a few others. Out of all of those, only the sword one is very visually heavy but that's not counting ally / future skills being more or less worse. The demo also features as follows: 1 enemy, followed by terrain, then a jump, 2 enemies in the same "room" followed by a climb upwards, then 4 enemies of different colors (same monster though). At no time did i fail to see anything i wanted to see and there's plenty of opportunity to 1v1 any given monster in the future i think for "enjoyment" or just appreciation of talented spriting.

In terms of monsters fighting back, they react to things. The demo has slime girls throwing out the same slime traps you can throw, and when you get stuck they charge you. They will also close the distance and idle between "moves". As far as being OP goes, your sword does absolutely negligible damage, but this might be for demo purposes. The Slime traps, projectile attacks and the "grab" attack all add to the charm gauge. When this is full, the monster gets stunned and you can start filling up the heart meter. Presumably when this is full in later releases is how you capture / obtain skills and allies and unlock gallery entries (if this is a thing ever).

It really highly depends if there's going to be a full on leveling system or not to be able to tell whether or not you'll end up as OP. I can see "elemental" weaknesses absolutely being a thing, where different attacks have very high or very low impact on specific enemies.

The demo's GOR basically consists of enemies taking turns on you with no change in animation, much like how some enemies in FOBS do.

We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out to get anything more concrete.
Hopefully this is at least informative for those without access to the current preview build, which is what it is. I've read your post about this being a demo, and it's not a demo beyond demonstrating what they are working on.

CheckMy4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Point by point :p

I've gotten the demo and i personally think it's pretty genius. If you've played Aria of Sorrow on the GBA you kind of get a similar feel, yet it retains that FOBS feel to some extent. You're just able to do more and movement feels a lot more organic than it does in FOBS (notably the jumping and gravity in general)
If you actually mean it with Aria of Sorrow (which is my favourite Castlevania game btw) then sign me the fuck up.

NDgier

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Shoot me a PM with a link as well, should anyone have one laying around that didn't get devoured by the Dark Lord.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If you guys know the dev might be reading ulmf and doesn't want his early access shared, why continue doing this? What's there to gain from pissing off a dev?
And I have to say, I'm very against paid demo versions- but this isn't it. The paid thing here is getting early access of their stuff, not an actual demo version which I assume is going to be free on dlsite.

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If you guys know the dev might be reading ulmf and doesn't want his early access shared, why continue doing this? What's there to gain from pissing off a dev?
And I have to say, I'm very against paid demo versions- but this isn't it. The paid thing here is getting early access of their stuff, not an actual demo version which I assume is going to be free on dlsite.
Nah fuck that, I see game I can't have and that just makes me want it MORE.

That said the demo is pretty bare bones and you aren't really missing out, game has only 1 slime girl with 2 animations. Slime girls can become "friendly" if you lewd them right and well enough and come in 5 different colors. That's about it.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
If you actually mean it with Aria of Sorrow (which is my favourite Castlevania game btw) then sign me the fuck up.
Yeah in the sense that you slot skills as you would souls, and the way movement goes, but less stiff here. Map and "room" wise it's hard to compare but still some similarities. Overall metroidvania sticks better but AoS has a soul system and i see this working out similarly.

Nah fuck that, I see game I can't have and that just makes me want it MORE.

That said the demo is pretty bare bones and you aren't really missing out, game has only 1 slime girl with 2 animations. Slime girls can become "friendly" if you lewd them right and well enough and come in 5 different colors. That's about it.
Yeah it's not a huge piece of gameplay. Literally one larger area segmented by jumping with a total of 7 enemies and a few skills.

Purely for showing off and give anyone playing it some idea of what to expect down the road.

Rinbokusan

Mysterious Heroic Fox!
Reputation score
I'm pretty sure everywhere is alittle xenophobic. I say that because there are Reverse-weebs in japan that looooove americans.

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Is it worth it, pissing off a Jap dev considering they already tend to be xenophobic?
xenophobic devs are just that man, they aren't making the game for us so it's going to be made regardless of what we do or do not.
Besides if they really wanted to stop pirating from here all they'd have to do is literally ask. I always found it weird but this site has a history of stopping link sharing if the devs come outright front and make a post asking for it to stop.