What's new

ACT [ Maken Ansala ] さきゅばすの日記 / Succubus Affection

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I live by the philosophy "Try before you buy" thanks to how many times I've been burnt by tactics like this. I tried the game, I like what's on display so far and I absolutely intend to support it thanks to that show of quality, though by no means should I or anyone else be expected to shell out money before we know what it is we're paying for.

Rinbokusan

Mysterious Heroic Fox!
Reputation score
GMason. That's kind of the point of a Demo! It's so you try before you buy. But for some reason they're hiding the demo behind a paywall. That's like hiding the product in storage. Not a whole of people at gonna buy it, because they don't know about it!

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
I live by the philosophy "Try before you buy" thanks to how many times I've been burnt by tactics like this. I tried the game, I like what's on display so far and I absolutely intend to support it thanks to that show of quality, though by no means should I or anyone else be expected to shell out money before we know what it is we're paying for.
GMason. That's kind of the point of a Demo! It's so you try before you buy. But for some reason they're hiding the demo behind a paywall. That's like hiding the product in storage. Not a whole of people at gonna buy it, because they don't know about it!
Agreed, but as is tradition, there likely will be an actual public product fully testable for absolutely no cost whatsoever in the future, and "patrons" or ciens will get all their latest updates if they're subscribed members.

This project is so new though. Like brand new. Something to also consider.

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Agreed, but as is tradition, there likely will be an actual public product fully testable for absolutely no cost whatsoever in the future, and "patrons" or ciens will get all their latest updates if they're subscribed members.

This project is so new though. Like brand new. Something to also consider.
That's the fun of it thought, I'm going to support the project. I had plans to for some time, but I wanted to try the game before I did - Even in such an early state there's so much to take away from what's been released. There's no saying how long it will be before we get a stable demo release, so trying this was exactly what I wanted before pledging five dollars a month.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
That's the fun of it thought, I'm going to support the project. I had plans to for some time, but I wanted to try the game before I did - Even in such an early state there's so much to take away from what's been released. There's no saying how long it will be before we get a stable demo release, so trying this was exactly what I wanted before pledging five dollars a month.
I share that whole notion, and i just can't due to payment option restrictions lol. Bum's me out but i'll bribe some schmoo to donate for me :p
Just you wait.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I'm somewhat ambivalent to it. It looks like it's going to be a good game, but personally I enjoy FOBS a little better because it's not just gameplay and H scenes, it's got a fair bit of puzzle elements (with the actual puzzles, finding out where to go and how to get there, not to mention figuring out how to capture enemies) and a few platforming and movement elements (albeit not as big a selling point for me as the puzzle elements) thrown in there as well. Of course, we'll have to see how the game develops from this point on before really in-depth comparisons can be made, as this is literally the first possible version of the game that can be played at this point in time compared to FOBS which has a few years of development time put into it thus far.
As of now, I don't like it as much as FOBS. But there's still a lot of time before the game is finished, so feelings may shift.
I'm surprised you find the ambiguity of FOBS so appealing. Figuring out what to do to unlock some monsters was just frustrating to me XD
That's probably just me though. I personally like FOBS because the hero is not TOO strong. Limiting the hero's actions in such a way makes it easy to make enemies stronger with less work. For example, Resident Evil 1's zombies are scary because the controls for the game aren't the best, knife fighting is weak, and you don't have many bullets. It still feels satisfying to down zombies though. That in comparison to Resident Evil 6 where you mow through a million zombies per map. The zombies don't have a strong identity as an enemy.

I don't want Maken Insala to go the way of RE6.

It's for this reason I like One Syota slightly more than Kariyume.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm surprised you find the ambiguity of FOBS so appealing. Figuring out what to do to unlock some monsters was just frustrating to me XD
That's probably just me though. I personally like FOBS because the hero is not TOO strong. Limiting the hero's actions in such a way makes it easy to make enemies stronger with less work. For example, Resident Evil 1's zombies are scary because the controls for the game aren't the best, knife fighting is weak, and you don't have many bullets. It still feels satisfying to down zombies though. That in comparison to Resident Evil 6 where you mow through a million zombies per map. The zombies don't have a strong identity as an enemy.

I don't want Maken Insala to go the way of RE6.

It's for this reason I like One Syota slightly more than Kariyume.
Expect similar things in this :p

There's a video up regarding the hero doing some sort of air dash attack on a monster hanging from a tree. Presumably nothing else is going to cause an effect as you'd see, so there's going to be some puzzling involved i bet, but none to be found in the tech demo at this time.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Expect similar things in this :p

There's a video up regarding the hero doing some sort of air dash attack on a monster hanging from a tree. Presumably nothing else is going to cause an effect as you'd see, so there's going to be some puzzling involved i bet, but none to be found in the tech demo at this time.
Similar like RE6 comparison to RE1 similar or Similar like like FOBS similar?

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
Similar like RE6 comparison to RE1 similar or Similar like like FOBS similar?
Similar to FOBS.

If my assumptions about the lack of any leveling / stat building are right that is. There's various videos showcasing different behaviour from different monsters when using specific attacks, and while for the most part absent in the demo, i believe that you'll have to use specific methods to capture / charm / defeat various monsters in SA much like in FOBS.

Again, theoretical based on what i have before me but wouldn't be too far off i think.
FOBS focusses a lot on "puzzle" gameplay and this has a lot more potential in that gameplay wise, so i very much doubt they aren't going to utilize that in any way.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Guys, I have a problem. Right now, I do have the game, but I'm missing a "UnityPlayer.dll" file, so I can't really play the game yet. Can anyone send/ PM me said file, please? (I'd think putting up a link of that file shouldn't get it taken down but who knows)

Rinbokusan

Mysterious Heroic Fox!
Reputation score
Guys, I have a problem. Right now, I do have the game, but I'm missing a "UnityPlayer.dll" file, so I can't really play the game yet. Can anyone send/ PM me said file, please? (I'd think putting up a link of that file shouldn't get it taken down but who knows)
PM'd you a fix :)

Knightbanez

Reputation score
I'm just super excited for the next update of the game. I religiously keep up with Zell's work. I absolutely love it. I think FOBS is the only game I've kept up strongly with, so I'm strongly looking forward to this one and I hope they keep up the good work! :D

legol

Reputation score
Could someone help me with the unity.dll problem? Thanks! I can't play the game because of that, and nothing is working.

Last edited:

Mαlice

Reputation score
I wish I could try this out, like some people stated, i'm not wanting to contribute as they are hiding the demo unless you pay something and until I get to play something public of this game, I don't know if to see if it is worth my contribution. :/

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I wish I could try this out, like some people stated, i'm not wanting to contribute as they are hiding the demo unless you pay something and until I get to play something public of this game, I don't know if to see if it is worth my contribution. :/
You probably don't have the 3 dollars anyways to spend. Just pm the guy who is sharing it and stop adding to the spam of this thread:confused: