What's new

VN/TEXT [Alicesoft] Rance VI and 5d

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Rance VI and 5d coming out in English in 4 days!

The position for BP becomes largely trivial if you just build curry wolf everywhere, the loyalty thing is an issue only in your first play-through where you get a lot of characters uncleared with low loyalty that require constant maintenance or at least enough that it gets in the way of your attempts to do other character clears.

Issues start happening when you're trying to clear too many characters at once, there's not too much hassle if you pace yourself.

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

5D:

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

well that was fast.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would prefer that people abstain from sharing a copy until at least a few days... just so the game can sell well enough.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would prefer that people abstain from sharing a copy until at least a few days... just so the game can sell well enough.
Yes, because pirates are notorious for their inability to wait a few days. :rolleyes:

Come on now, this is the dumbest stereotype there ever was.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, because pirates are notorious for their inability to wait a few days. :rolleyes:

Come on now, this is the dumbest stereotype there ever was.
In truth, the dumbest stereotype is the one that without understanding what someone says shows it :)

Friend try to not be so fast in your conclusion, no one is talking about pirates, if someone has decided to download it for free it won't change for a few days. HOWEVER, if the game can be downloaded too soon it will affect sales because many who were about to buy the game can find it already for free.

I will ask you one question, why when people share games from dlsite usually wait until the game has x sales?. Because there are potential clients who if there exists the alternative too soon they will fall to temptation.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if the game can be downloaded too soon it will affect sales because many who were about to buy the game can find it already for free.
That went from ridiculous to utterly retarded in record speed.

I will ask you one question, why when people share games from dlsite usually wait until the game has x sales?
For the same reason people believe in god, they put blind faith in some story others tell them as long as there's enough people sharing the story, much like you tried to do this very thread. You have absolutely no basis for believing delaying the distribution of these links leads to increased sales, this is something you merely WANT to believe for some asinine reason and so you're spouting it as if it's the gospel.

If there is ever even a decision between buying and not buying a piece of media, having to wait an extra day or two is simply not a factor.

Stop making shit up, stop spreading your made up bullshit as if it's some kind of fact, stop acting high and mighty off of your own delusions. Self imposed DRM is the dumbest shit there ever was.

And lastly, the irony in you claiming I jump to conclusions while jumping to the conclusion that I didn't understand what I was talking about is utterly moronic, check yourself before you post dumb shit like that.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Best response I've read in a while.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That went from ridiculous to utterly retarded in record speed.

For the same reason people believe in god, they put blind faith in some story others tell them as long as there's enough people sharing the story, much like you tried to do this very thread. You have absolutely no basis for believing delaying the distribution of these links leads to increased sales, this is something you merely WANT to believe for some asinine reason and so you're spouting it as if it's the gospel.

If there is ever even a decision between buying and not buying a piece of media, having to wait an extra day or two is simply not a factor.

Stop making shit up, stop spreading your made up bullshit as if it's some kind of fact, stop acting high and mighty off of your own delusions. Self imposed DRM is the dumbest shit there ever was.

And lastly, the irony in you claiming I jump to conclusions while jumping to the conclusion that I didn't understand what I was talking about is utterly moronic, check yourself before you post dumb shit like that.
I will not enter that game, even if you don't want to respect an opinnion (even if it's based on real data and information) i will not go to offend you as you have been from your first message.

First i will tell you why i find you wrong. I have studied economy and specialized in marketing later, i know quite a bit about what happens in which case because i actually studied and investigated it. This is NOT an opinnion but a conclusion based on data, first of all you have to select information.

For example we have the case of the sims 3 which was a game that was being pirated even before it was out!, if you compare the expectations of sales with the results you would find that there were many who cancelled their reserve of the game because they could download it for free, there are many more examples however most of them are on the mobile sector.

The same happen if a game can be downloaded during the first week, 40% of the total income of a game are originated from the "reserves" and the two following weeks that the game was out (this % may fluctuate depending on genres and special cases in some it was even a low 20% or even 15% however in the majority of cases it was presented that tendency).

Going back to the sims 3 and just by the reserves they cancelled we find out that they sold a 4% less because of that (only talking about reserves) this % is calculated giving the number of times that the game has been downloaded and doing a correlation between the downloads and the reserves cancelled, obviously it's just an estimation because it can't be known completely.

Most of what i have said can be verified so i won't waste time on it, just start using google do a few calculations and you have it. It's not even hard.

If something like this can affect the reserves that is the best indicator for initial success then how about the sales during the first week?.

I do not try to belittle you but i have studied it.

I hope you share cases and data too because if not you are just giving an opinnion, and that is worthless, my opinnion means 0, the opinnion of mr x means 0, only things that can be verified can have value.

One last question that i add:

Let's just suppose that everything that i have said is wrong, then the only thing that is clear is that we cannot predict what happens on that case. Even if you tell me that i had made a mistake, that everything that i have done on this poinst is wrong, then that would only mean that we cannot conclude what would happen.

Because then it would only be an opinnion, the same as you.

Best response I've read in a while.
*NEW*

Sorry but this is the only comment that i can't truly accept because he did many mistakes in his response just to give it a more persuasive effect. I will explain it and if my reasoning is wrong then please do tell:

"For the same reason people believe in god, they put blind faith in some story others tell them as long as there's enough people sharing the story, much like you tried to do this very thread. You have absolutely no basis for believing delaying the distribution of these links leads to increased sales, this is something you merely WANT to believe for some asinine reason and so you're spouting it as if it's the gospel"

He starts with what's called a fallacy, first he compares two groups of people trying to form a relation that can't be verified. Then if it isn't even worse that argument is based on a wrong homogenization which assumes that all people that think what i said shares it because of the same motive (let's not talk about what any believer has to say about that point, better not)

A fallacy is for example:

-My cat has hair
-Teddie has hair

Then teddie is a cat. This is absolutely wrong as it is his argument on that point, that is something that we as humans may use subconsciously sometimes, which i hope is the case. However what we can't never say is that the conclusion is wrong because we don't know if Teddie is truly a cat, but that needs to be verified and even if it is, the argument would still be wrong. Because those premises don't give a right conclusion.

"If there is ever even a decision between buying and not buying a piece of media, having to wait an extra day or two is simply not a factor."

This is the debate in itself, i say it is, he said it isn't. I find that the latter a game can be pirated the better for the game. Even if i was wrong i don't get why risk it

"Stop making shit up, stop spreading your made up bullshit as if it's some kind of fact, stop acting high and mighty off of your own delusions. Self imposed DRM is the dumbest shit there ever was."

Exactly what would be the difference if we both were based only on opinnions? just that he called first. If something can't be verified or there isn't any data to support it then all of it, be his or mine are delusions. In fact i would like to know who acts more high and mighty between how much verbal abuse he has shown in his message and me.

"And lastly, the irony in you claiming I jump to conclusions while jumping to the conclusion that I didn't understand what I was talking about is utterly moronic, check yourself before you post dumb shit like that."

The only thing i find useful is that it may be true that i jumped on a conclusion, however he cant say that he didn't too. I understand that there are multiple interpretations when you write, in fact i took it in the wrong sense at first but he did too.

Because all of this i wouldn't give it a "nice response" price, this is a purely analitical description of every single line he has given.

Last edited:

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Copied from 4chan:

Rance VI Link:
Password is a Helman girl with a rape baby

For those who can't stand Arunaru's nameshit I made a quick fix.

Changed:
Rudrathaum to Ludo-Rathowm
Archfiend to Demon King
Jill to Gele
fiend to demon
Nippon to JAPAN
Wargod to Toushin
Pranaice to Planeis

Nameshit fix for 5D

Changed only fiends to demons and Nippon to Japan since I'm not seeing any other nameshit there yet.

A small update. Changed Camilla to Kamilla, Cell to Sel and Caloria to Kaloria. Sel and Kaloria seems to have some text within the images too but it's not so jarring.

An update for my VI nameshit fix. Changed Lil Avenger to Revenge-chan, hannette to haniko and mini hanny to petit hanny.

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Correcting someone else's translation one day after it releases is one way to be ungrateful I suppose. At this point if such things bother you shouldn't you be able to read the original text?

(I'm only posting this because reputation is down at the moment, in reality I don't care)

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Correcting someone else's translation one day after it releases is one way to be ungrateful I suppose. At this point if such things bother you shouldn't you be able to read the original text?

(I'm only posting this because reputation is down at the moment, in reality I don't care)
Well, I am used to the names and places they used in Rance 7 and I get confused with the new translation. So I am glad, that someone changed them back to the way I knew them.

rgevake

Reputation score

And what might that be?

I downloaded the game but cannot extract it. :|

Last edited:

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I am used to the names and places they used in Rance 7 and I get confused with the new translation. So I am glad, that someone changed them back to the way I knew them.
I guess it's the whole "nameshit" attitude from 4chan that rubs me the wrong way. These guys are completely dependant on MG and Arunaru, on people that actually bothered learning the damn language, and beggars can't be choosers.

bobsaget

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll probably end up using it. Just finished 5D so it'll be nice to have now that I'm starting VI. And I wouldn't overthink someone throwing around the term "nameshit." That's pretty mild vocabulary to be using, considering that it was used on 4chan.

Some quick tips/guide stuff for 5D:

Make sure to have Rance's Warrior Level up to least 21 by the end of chapter 3 so you can learn Rance Attack, otherwise you can't win the final fight.

You can upgrade skills by "combining" them when you level up. Pay attention though, because you can overwrite things accidentally. Make sure you're upgrading a skill and not overwriting it.

You can change what class a character is training in by going to the status screen. This way, you can give Rance some magic or upgrade Sill's healing, etc. This can be done pretty quickly since the requirements aren't too high for nabbing these.

Normal Spins put more green orbs on the board. Normal spins put the result of the spin in the middle. Get three of the same color and you get a bonus. Slow Spins and Cautious spins take more time but let you pick an orb from a set of 3 or 5. Slow and Cautious Spins do not put orbs in the middle for getting bonuses.

You can do certain character specific actions by dragging the ACTION icon from the bottom bar onto an interactable.

Trap disarming items and other items that help you passively in battle do not get used up! Hold onto a copy of each of them if you have the inventory space to spare.

This stuff can probably be found on the wiki, but these are the important takeaways if you don't want to follow a guide.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

There is so many wrong things...

You pretend giving "data" and "facts", however, there is none in your post.

Here you go, this can help you:

I'm still not sure if I will buy it or pirate it, but just so you know, this release has a huge problem. If it's popular, then the huge backstab they gave to the community may happen again, and it's not something I would like to see.

@TTOG: The namefix for rance 5D is down. Can you reupload it somewhere?

Last edited:

studlytheknight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What is the password? Is the girl's name in Japanese? English? is the password the words (password is a helman girl with a rape baby)? Which girl has a rape baby? Was this a girl from a previous game?

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is so many wrong things...

@TTOG: The namefix for rance 5D is down. Can you reupload it somewhere?
Sorry, I do not have it. Just copied it here, I still haven't even played any of the 2 games. Ask on 4 chan /vg /alicesoft

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What's the password?

EDIT: Password is "Anasel" for anyone that has trouble like I did.

Last edited: