What's new

RPG Maker Dead Lust - Action RPG About Ghosts [Demo][Eng]

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello, I'm Zhook, and I'm excited to present my first adult game called...

Story​
Dead Lust set in a place similar to Victorian England. You play as a young guy called Arthur. He has a very rare ability to contact with ghosts. Sometimes in a very unusual way.
He also has an older sister Moira, a very talented witch. Together they work as ghost hunters, taking orders from people, who need to solve their paranormal problems.

One day they receive a letter from Lady Browning, a very rich woman and the owner of a large mansion in the village of Vickham. She promised to pay a big sum if they expel the troublesome ghost. They did not hesitate to accept her offer, without knowing that they'll have to face not with an ordinary ghost, but with a powerful witch, who wants to return to the living world, for a revenge.

Gameplay​

The game offers real-time action combat. Aside from various weapons, you can use combat spells to fight your enemies. But first, you need to learn them. How? By having intercourse with ghost ladies of course!
In addition to the main story, there will be lots of sidequests. And you can decide to what result they will lead you whether it be gold or something more naughty.

Demo​
Download it . Install fonts from Fonts folder, before launching.

If you have any feedback or questions, I'll be glad to read it. Also, check my .

Last edited:

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Black Magic

I'm not too sure if being inspired by legend of queen opala is a good thing... it has its nice points but there are many bad ones, about h it's okay, not too many scenes but at least it isn't like roundscape adorevia... however it doesn't have anything good when it comes to combat, map beauty, enemys... in fact if it were not how likeable are it's characters I don't think people would like it.

I'm downloading the game and I will tell what I see that could be better or some things that just feels wrong.

OP
zhook

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not too sure if being inspired by legend of queen opala is a good thing... it has its nice points but there are many bad ones, about h it's okay, not too many scenes but at least it isn't like roundscape adorevia... however it doesn't have anything good when it comes to combat, map beauty, enemys... in fact if it were not how likeable are it's characters I don't think people would like it.

I'm downloading the game and I will tell what I see that could be better or some things that just feels wrong.
I know, LOQO have flaws, that i try to learn from and avoid. Such as slow pace, that's why I use action combat. And about h-scenes... There like two of them in demo already. In the future, there will be much more.

Last edited:

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Done playing the demo, there is the occasional "non collision" when it should but mostly i didn't found many problems in that aspect.

About the h scenes... it's not a style I like but i suppose many people will like it, the only thing that i have to ask is:

-What type of h scenes will be in the game?, for now it seems mostly femdom however I don't know what do you want to do in that aspect, what should we expect?, being a pet, raping everything that moves...

-What will make the game unique?, well I can see that it will have a storyline and all that but... anything else you can say?.

The maps are okay and the custom portraits is a point, i liked the menu too, it's quite nice that it's not the standard one...

In the end i would recommend that you explain more what you want to do, because anything else than seeing your style with the cg people won't know what to expect.

OP
zhook

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Dead Lust - Action RPG About Ghosts [Demo]

I decided to change a title of the game to more suitable one. Also, I've uploaded a new version. There is no new content, just some minor differences, and fixes. I'd be really happy to get some feedback.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I actually have quite the opposite opinion from asestado.

The moment I read that you play as a male I thought "I wonder if this is like LoQO?".

I might get some hate for this, and I know that I'm being bias, but LoQO is one of my favorite H-RPGs. It was also my first.

I wouldn't mind it at all if it was linear like that. Infact linear H-RPG's reminds me of oldschool FF RPG's where you just follow a story and enjoy it.

And it's not really bad having a second H-RPG that is like that. Almost every H-RPG is about getting a hentai scene with any person you can find anyway.

OP
zhook

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In demo is only introduction part. There will be more freedom in later versions.

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really like this. The story seems to work so far, the scenes are pretty good, and the relationship between the characters is well thought-out.

I would sort of like to see some sort of introductions to the various monsters; I dunno what Arthur has seen in his life, but I would imagine most people would be a little surprised to get attacked by giant wasps, bats, and skeletons.

Also is there a sprint key? Because I'm a big fan of sprint keys.

OP
zhook

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really like this. The story seems to work so far, the scenes are pretty good, and the relationship between the characters is well thought-out.

I would sort of like to see some sort of introductions to the various monsters; I dunno what Arthur has seen in his life, but I would imagine most people would be a little surprised to get attacked by giant wasps, bats, and skeletons.

Also is there a sprint key? Because I'm a big fan of sprint keys.
Glad you like it! I'm agreed that characters backgrounds need more attention. I think about ways to introduce them in a subtle way.
And I disabled sprint for balance purposes. But in future, there will be a dash with stamina.

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So after playing the demo i can say it's looking good so far :)
I have to say that the story looks original and i'm pretty interested in seeing how it goes. When they talked about their job i was like "the conjuring H version :D"

I like the art style, it's not the usual semi-realistic 3D. Sometimes when the faces are seen from far they look a bit odd by the way. Dunno if some kind of postwork could fix that. I assume you're using the cel-shading option from daz's competition am i correct?

The scenes look pretty cool. The comic style you gave them with the way they're shown up like vignettes i love it ^^. And that animation is amazing :D

Maps are pretty good you did worked on them and are far from simplistic. I liked Vickham the most. Maybe is a bit strange the mansion where seen from the outside looks like it is bigger that just two floors :p

Now as a dev myself i'll point out some stuff i'd like to see or bugs i found.

- The maps are pretty cool as i mentioned earlier but there are passability problems here and there. Most noticeable ones are the statue in the mansion entrance and the top right corner of the room you get in when going down the stairs in the church (in this one you can go out of the map and walk in all the black area).

- Some typos i saw (but i know how hard is to translate a game to english when it's not your mother language. I'm struggling myself to do it on my game :(). And some untranslated parts like the quest types in the quest menu, the first time Moira talks (her name) or when you examine the closed door in the church (before getting the key of course)

- The enemies in the battle system needs to get an impact moment when they get hit. I mean a moment where they can't attack. Something similar should have the player too when get hit. This would make more important to avoid attacks instead of just smashing the attack button infront of the enemy. I had the same problem in my game and i decided to create the counter-attack system this way you can't just smash the button all the time but it's also useful to attack in the right moment to avoid being attacked. Don't know if you could add some system to the ATB. Are you using XAS btw?

- Just to point it out; you left the old name in the project. So the name in the window game is still the old one (aswell as the installer's name). I guess you know you can change the name from within rpg maker's database.

- I saw you left the file "Scripts_XAS_SDK" inside your game's folder. You should delete that file as it's not necessary at all. That file is just to inspect the XAS ATB with every class in a separate script in the database :p

Looking forward for more ^_^

OP
zhook

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So after playing the demo i can say it's looking good so far :)
Great! It's always good to get constructive and positive comments. Especially from other developers.

I use photoshop and illustrator to trace models from one 3d game I can't name. And yeah, I need to see what can be done with faces.

Don't worry, I'm gonna expanse Lady Browning's mansion. Just don't want to give it all in a demo. Vickham is gonna be bigger too.

For combat, I use SAS IV. And my coding abilities is very limited, to improve it myself. Finding someone who can help me with code is one of the reasons why I started Patreon campaign.

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Great! It's always good to get constructive and positive comments. Especially from other developers.

I use photoshop and illustrator to trace models from one 3d game I can't name. And yeah, I need to see what can be done with faces.

Don't worry, I'm gonna expanse Lady Browning's mansion. Just don't want to give it all in a demo. Vickham is gonna be bigger too.

For combat, I use SAS IV. And my coding abilities is very limited, to improve it myself. Finding someone who can help me with code is one of the reasons why I started Patreon campaign.
No problem :)

Oh so you're using a 3d game, that's why i couldn't recognise the faces of the characters haha.

Hope it goes well and you can get a coder. If i wasn't so busy with my game i'd try to help you.