What's new

Dungeons and Dragons Version 4

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Version 4

we had that, but with a rogue nicking our stuff

i was up for killing the little git, but we had 2 paladins in the party who thought it was "forbidden" to do such an act and protected the little bugger

So if I've played 1st edition, that makes me ancient right. You people make me feel old. On the cool side though I live 30 minutes from the birthplace of D&D.

30 minutes by foot, car, or space shuttle?

By cocoboback, I mean car. I actually go there all the time since it's got the only game store any where near me. Never saw Gary Gygax there, but I have seen Skip Williams a few times at the store.

And if you see Gygax there now...

Run.

What's the challenge rating of a Zombie Gygax?

What's the challenge rating of a Zombie Gygax?

It's over 9000.

Sorry, had to go there. And also I'd think Gygax would come back as a Lich, at least.

i bet gygax would be rolling in his grave if he heard that

Actually maybe I should find the cemetary there so I could bring him back from the dead. Then he could smite the evil that is 4th edition. Damn people making my cleric pointless.

Actually maybe I should find the cemetary there so I could bring him back from the dead. Then he could smite the evil that is 4th edition. Damn people making my cleric pointless.

And making my wizard useless. >.>

And making whirlwind attack a level 1 ranger ability. Seriously wtf.

And getting rid of gnomes. Oh wait nevermind never played as them anyways.

As my fellow capaigner says, "Gnomes are made for punting." Although, in Pathfinder, which we're playing, that's not a good thing. They actually made gnomes less comic-relief and more, well, I can't say badass, but they made them legitimate, I'll give them that.

Yes as I recall from the little bit of Pathfinder stuff I have they are much cooler. The thing I never understood about gnomes in 3.5 is if they are reclusive forest dwellers why would their favored class be bard.

My cowardly yet lethal ranger is the only one that's survived from the initial party, despite the other 4 players having gone through 9 characters between them in just a few sessions. They started it.

It's a bit like an adventure deathmatch actually, save the princess or stab your buddy in the back before they do first.

...Belkar, much?

P

Back