What's new

RPG [INOS] Cobra Mission: Panic in Cobra City コブラミッション

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, another old one. Again, I don't have the link, sorry.

In this game, you play as a detective/police officer(Can't remember which) who goes back to his childhood home, at the call of his childhood friend. It appears that a gang has taken over the town, from the inside out.

As soon as you arrive, you are jumped by a small group of the gang, and are forced to defend yourself. Shortly after, your gun breaks, and you have to fight with sticks, and other things, getting progressively better. You save girls from becoming sex slaves, go on dates with them, and eventually get lucky with most of them.

The gameplay of this one is very much an rpg, but has a real time effect to it. As you run around the town, you will get into random battles, and your timer will tick up to your turn. After that, you choose where your going to hit your enemy, as each enemy has a weak point. The entire time that you are picking out your attack area, your enemy is attacking you, so don't take to long pinpointing their weaknesses. (Most of the weaknesses are common sense. There's a briefcase wielding lawer, or banker, whose wallet is hanging out. Hitting the wallet causes a critical hit to ensue. I won't tell any of the other npc weaknesses)

It was a good game, but again, is originally for a DOS computer. It runs VERY slow on Windows, and some scenes don't want to work for long periods of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

MolemanTux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Cobra Mission

Haven´t you tried with DosBox? It´s a very good DOS emulator, and i remember tried Cobra Mission sucessfully with it...

OP
R

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not sure what DOSbox is. First I've heard of it.

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Dos Box is too complex for newbies in this area.
I recommand another emulator with a window based application.

OP
R

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What would you recommend? As I said, I'm not interested in this game anymore, as I've beaten it, and it doesn't have much of a replay value, but there are other games out there that I would like to play from Dos.

MolemanTux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dos Box is too complex for newbies in this area.
I recommand another emulator with a window based application.
I don´t agree with you about being too complex...

Anyway, the site of the dosbox:
--can´t post urls, google it--

There, can be downloaded the main emulator AND a lot of very friendly Frontends for using it...

And i don´t know any other DOS emulator that actually works... and running a virtual machine, thats really more complex...

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I don´t agree with you about being too complex...

Anyway, the site of the dosbox:
--can´t post urls, google it--

There, can be downloaded the main emulator AND a lot of very friendly Frontends for using it...

And i don´t know any other DOS emulator that actually works... and running a virtual machine, thats really more complex...
Like MolemanTux said, DOSbox is really incredibly simple.
1) Install it.
2) Open it.
3) Type "mount C ((insert game folder path here))"
4) Type "C:", then "cd ((insert folder name here))"
5) Run the game.

That's it, really.

jacktheriper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use dosbox all the time I'm familiar with the commands, it is pretty simple just ask if you do need help though like you said you already beat it so if you decide too.

Above this is the link you can download it, just select, under specific version windows or mac and once again just ask if you are interested in using it, I'm cool with helping out, and I'm sure most people on this forum are willing to as well. I am personally a huge fan of older games.

Last edited:
OP
R

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

K, thanks guys and girls. I'm sure that that will help a lot of people. If anyone knows some good games from Dos, then please PM me. I'm looking for some good games to play right now.

OP
R

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for repost and Necro, but I found something I thought would be worth looking at and telling you guys.

Someone decided to remake the game for nes. I haven't played it any major length, but it seems to be the same game.

In order to play it, you need to download either Java, or the RGR plugin, which you can find on the vizzed site, but this particular game says that the Java one is the recomended one.

jockojohnson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A good one that I loved and had to use DosBox was Knights of Xentar 4. It's in English. There is a small version (less than 10MB) and then a large one floating around with voice acting. I tried the voice acting one but didn't like it. I originally played the smaller one and beat it --- in more ways than one ;) It was fun and had good CG. Google it..there are abandonware sites that host it.

OP
R

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I agree that it was a good one, but the version I had(I bought this one and wasn't happy) froze right after you saved little red from the dwarf/gnomes/tiny midgets...no, wait....I'm thinking of something else, its when you save little red from the wolf. Right after that, her grandma spoke, the screen darkened, and the game didn't continue. Thankfully, someone uploaded a save file for me of right after that, so I could continue playing. Didn't have any other problems after that part.