What's new

ACT Active Guro [Kosmic91] Moon Rhapsody

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i just want to point out, even RE games have leeway. i played all of them, on first playthrough i always beat them with afew first aid sprays and various ammo types in my inventory. not every bullet was perfectly calculated to be as stingy as possible. The new RE games actually have a dynamic difficulty system. if you miss alot of bullets, or have low ammo, zombie heads are more likely to pop on headshots. if you're doing well, head pops are less likely so you end up using more ammo. it's a neat system actually.

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah i think its inspired by those i mean at some point i remember reading that and silent hill and other related games and such. And i think the classic ones.
But dont take my word for it my memory is as bad as my deduction skills lol.

However in all reality, while the core is a survival horror game and resource saving one, it is fast paced and the action does not make you feel like a weak or helpless heroine. Granted, the way i play is not orthodox i.e. i go saving less and die and retry a lot (a LOT) of times lol. Anyway yeah i'm not into those either as much so if it was like say other games where the MC is definitely weak and you need to grind and/or no matter what did you do enemies just overpower you because (there are quite a few of those) it would also be quite not what i'm into.
Can't think of examples rn but i think you get the idea. But yeah if i were to go easy and how to say it, carelessly of saving and all that i would have maybe one hell of a harder time(which should not be punished, well, i dont know in this genre, again, i am an action games player too, so forgive my ignorance if that is a known way to do things in these genres)

Btw update popped out. Mostly bugfixes from what i see. Have yet to test it myself.
On itch io only i think for now.

Oh and Cat, there is already a 2nd mode planned which will be more action focused and the SP restrictions will not be as hard.
It still is going to be hard though but maybe in a more different way and more like that. Also, it may be another playable character altogether too, which means more h scenes yeah!

@Derpmaci
I'm sorry i don't understand where exactly you are?
If you beat the bug boss Belzeebub, did you proceed to Makishima Island?
And you mean the Shrine with the hands that grab you? A kind of misty place with lots of trees and green?
If so there is an exit to the right its just kind of hard to see it lol
And there you have to jump into a tree that looks like a hole

That explains why i would sometimes fail a lot at popping them heads in RE. Granted, i suck at fps games, but it really was weird sometimes lol.

Last edited:

Derpmaci

Reputation score
Yeah i think its inspired by those i mean at some point i remember reading that and silent hill and other related games and such. And i think the classic ones.

However in all reality, while the core is a survival horror game and resource saving one, it is fast paced and the action does not make you feel like a weak or helpless heroine. Granted, the way i play is not orthodox i.e. i go saving less and die and retry a lot (a LOT) of times lol. Anyway yeah i'm not into those either as much so if it was like say other games where the MC is definitely weak and you need to grind and/or no matter what did you do enemies just overpower you because (there are quite a few of those) it would also be quite not what i'm into.
Can't think of examples rn but i think you get the idea. But yeah if i were to go easy and how to say it, carelessly of saving and all that i would have maybe one hell of a harder time(which should not be punished, well, i dont know in this genre, again, i am an action games player too, so forgive my ignorance if that is a known way to do things in these genres)

Btw update popped out. Mostly bugfixes from what i see. Have yet to test it myself.

Oh and Cat, there is already a 2nd mode planned which will be more action focused and the SP restrictions will not be as hard.
It still is going to be hard though but maybe in a more different way and more like that. Also, it may be another playable character altogether too, which means more h scenes yeah!

@Derpmaci
I'm sorry i don't understand where exactly you are?
If you beat the bug boss Belzeebub, did you proceed to Makishima Island?
And you mean the Shrine with the hands that grab you? A kind of misty place with lots of trees and green?
If so there is an exit to the right its just kind of hard to see it lol
And there you have to jump into a tree that looks like a hole

That explains why i would sometimes fail a lot at popping them heads in RE. Granted, i suck at fps games, but it really was weird sometimes lol.
>If so there is an exit to the right its just kind of hard to see it lol
>And there you have to jump into a tree that looks like a hole

Yep,failed at this part lmao. thanks!

what I meant by the water area was the one listed in this video you posted

Can't quite find it in the 2.1 demo, then again I haven't invested as much time as you guys. (IRL duties limiting my playtime, eternally grateful for those of you who share findings in the thread, esp u bro!)

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score

I never got into survival horror in general, i didn't like RE games because i generally don't enjoy guns (i'm not anti-gun, just prefer to use anything else), don't 'enjoy' horror, and think zombies are a dumb enemy in general, even if a lot of RE tends towards rather non-zombie zombies.

Saving being a trap itself is probably the biggest sin here, it's like a built-in softlock for people who can't get good enough, and a unexpected difficulty spiker for anyone else unless you're paying attention to it. i know RE had a consumable for saving, and some older/more obscure games like Ehrgeiz's dungeon crawler mode cost money relative to your level (and obviously, i despise both practices, lol)

The action and pace do feel quite nice, but i'm also a notorious button spammer, having spent an egregious amount of time playing dynasty warriors games, and holding off and not pushing the attack button 35 times for her 3-hit combo is something my fingers don't understand anymore.

I enjoy metroidvanias like Sotn or bloodstained where i can scoot across screens and snicker-snak enemies as i go, and this game gives me the feel that that was intended, but punishes me for doing that, which was why i got so critical of it.

Displaying a combo number makes me want to make combos, and the practicing room gave me the resulting thoughts that doing a short jump to only get 2 hits out of the spinslash is best, because it let me do a full combo on the enemy before they landed with extra hits up to an 8 combo, and i was stoked doing it. Then i see how much sp that inhales and it doesn't regenerate, so more punishment for what i find fun.

i'll keep a side-eye on the game for that other mode, but other than the action gameplay in this style, there's nothing standing out to me personally to enjoy. (and that's not necessarily a bad thing, i mean, i don't like fortnite, but it certainly is popular... lol (i am not comparing this game to fortnite))

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Derpmaci
How to enter there?
Or a particular part in the video?
If its just getting there altogether well in the surface island map overworld you have to find the item scope, its left after swimming some little water areas and climbing to a watchtower like thing, theb you attach it to the rifle (cant remember if at that same moment or if you have to backtrack to a save crystal to take it from inventory), then yo go back to the watch tower and the scope lets you aim beyond screens, with this, you shoot the switch thats far far away right (from the watchtower), this opens up something amid all that water (sorry that one i do not remember exactly but its not hard to find)

@A Lost Cat
Yeah i think i can understand what you mean perfectly now
Maybe that other mode will be more akin to your tastes, lets see

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
The druid merchant does not sell those, only Satcher. Maybe you were naked? There is this issue where if you are and talk to him, he'll only comment on that and the option to buy won't appear.
And no you cannot enter the shrine after that (the one on Makishima Island right?)
Which NPC was he again? Since I cleared all the current content I haven't played. Was he the brother? If so I have no idea where he ran off to after the last chapter. He doesn't seem to be anywhere on his island which makes me think he's gone somewhere else.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Which NPC was he again? Since I cleared all the current content I haven't played. Was he the brother? If so I have no idea where he ran off to after the last chapter. He doesn't seem to be anywhere on his island which makes me think he's gone somewhere else.
Yeah he's the brother. If your in the mist place. Then you have to go to the shrine to the bottom of the map. Then go to where you first end up when the shrine forcibly pulls you in from the third map. He gives a hint if you had went back to the third map and shopped with him in his house. Says something like "now if I can only get pass that barrier".

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
What are you even supposed to do against the squid boss? He seems unbeatable, and unless that was a bug a second one just started appearing too.

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yes, Satcher is past the barrier, which if you explore a bit you'll just know how to get past it very easily.
Its an item called eclipse given to you for free in one easily reachable spot/location

And the squid boss, Dreadnaut, is a tricky one. Beware of 2 things: durability of your machete, and
where you slashing
And its not a bug, you fight 2 of them, one falls when the first one reaches half health or so.
(To me i DID encounter a bug once, but in prior versions this one time 3 of them fell lmao but yeah its only 2)

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, Satcher is past the barrier, which if you explore a bit you'll just know how to get past it very easily.
Its an item called eclipse given to you for free in one easily reachable spot/location
I'd actually tried using eclipse on the barrier a few times before, and it didn't work so I'd assumed it was for something else.
I went back and tried it a few more times. It wasn't working at first it finally worked on the third attempt for some undiscernible reason.
I think it was just being buggy.

EDIT: Is there anything else beyond just him that's different?

Seeing as there's no renewable way to get repair kits right now I just decided to cheat a bunch in so I don't have to constantly reload saves.

Last edited:
OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The repair kits in stock are buggy/weird to say the least, true.
For me some times they just wont appear and some other times they would always be there.
I made it a habit to buy one each time i can and it has sufficed so far

Pmir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Update just dropped.

New playable character is confirmed.

It's Nyx. The catgirl.

No updated demo for now....

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
New update
Mostly bugfixes and some features

Now, nornally i wouldn't be sharing "secrets" or something, but since its now there for everyone to see (the dude who found it didnt took him 5 seconds, the dude also has helped me and he 100%'d the game crazy fast, he seriously surprises me, i was joking about the puzzle piano before but now i am completely convinced he would not take a sweat there) eh anyway, point is:
Konami code on main menu
New game
Fuckton of HP and SP lol
How do you like that now?!

I personally find it nuts. Like, seriously.
Well, its what it is after all. And i am glad it is that way.
Do you guys thinks its more manageable for you now? Anyway just hope it may make you return, and share the love for the game, even if albeit in a very different fashion in that regard.
People whom this may interest
@empty
@A Lost Cat

Deathman Forces

Reputation score
New update

Now, nornally i wouldn't be sharing "secrets" or something, but since its now there for everyone to see (the dude who found it didnt took him 5 seconds, the dude also has helped me and he 100%'d the game crazy fast, he seriously surprises me, i was joking about the puzzle piano before but now i am completely convinced he would not take a sweat there) eh anyway, point is:
Konami code on main menu
New game
Fuckton of HP and SP lol

Do you guys thinks its more manageable for you now? Anyway just hope it may make you return, and share the love for the game, even if albeit in a very different fashion in that regard.
@empty
@A Lost Cat
so what is the exact code? i tried searching for konami code and tried to do it in both the main menu and start menu but i still get same hp and sp value at 900

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
New update

Konami code on main menu
New game
Fuckton of HP and SP lol

@empty
@A Lost Cat
Adding on to this if you hold the down arrow while in an H scene it will extend it for about 20 seconds.

so what is the exact code? i tried searching for konami code and tried to do it in both the main menu and start menu but i still get same hp and sp value at 900
Easier to do it on keyboard. It's up up down down left right left right b a enter. It should say gallery unlocked and on new game you get a fuckton of health.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Okay no, the squid boss is retarded. I was slashing away at his tentacles for a minute straight and he still didn't die. Burned through all my ammo, all my grenades etc. bullshit. What is the secret here? This can't be it

Also is there even anything worthwhile past this or am I good with just stopping here for now?

mr_doomgape

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay no, the squid boss is retarded. I was slashing away at his tentacles for a minute straight and he still didn't die. Burned through all my ammo, all my grenades etc. bullshit. What is the secret here? This can't be it

Also is there even anything worthwhile past this or am I good with just stopping here for now?
there's one area after that but ya squid boss was about were i gave up trying legitimately, locked sp to max and hyper slid everything to death because i had no more access to weapon repairs.
there's no real trick to them other then them being complete bullshit hp sponges since they respawn the arms and getting any reasonable damage down between then is impossible, and then they go into super aggressive mode with the weapons

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

there's one area after that but ya squid boss was about were i gave up trying legitimately, locked sp to max and hyper slid everything to death because i had no more access to weapon repairs.
there's no real trick to them other then them being complete bullshit hp sponges since they respawn the arms and getting any reasonable damage down between then is impossible, and then they go into super aggressive mode with the weapons
They are extremely easy to beat with the rifle. The squids tentacles are not part of it's hp pool so destroying them only will do nothing. You have to attack it's main body. Luckily the rifle shoots the tentacles and it's body. If you have any tune up kits I suggest using it on the rifle for damage and then get ammo. After that proceed to make them in to swiss cheese. Honestly the bug boss was harder than the squid for me.

If you have so much trouble with squidboy. I feel sorry when you encounter mizuki. She's damn hard.

Also, if you are only in it for the H. There is no reason to defeat squids. They have the last new H animation in the game and the next stage only has one zombie.

Last edited: