What's new

In today's news...

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Well..... I guess it's good they're doing their job...?

I'd assume more legal-ish or civil rallies would use this though, like LGBTQ rights or pot legalization events.

Cappy

Reputation score

Okay, so pretending to arrest people in order to dramaticize a protest and make it seem more legitimate is part of the police description? Is it just me or does that sound retarded AND disingenuous on multiple levels.

If you have to act dishonestly and waste taxpaying money in order express your qualms with society, maybe you should get a college degree that isn't worth it's weight in dirt, or redefine your very method of expression before trying to make political statements. There's trying to represent your side of things, and then there's asking police to politely pose with you while you take pictures of the "arrest". Such hardship, much sacrifice, very brave.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Perhaps it's quite different over there, where what you're saying would happen. But, what I'm used to, police are professional in my area and would be there to simply protect the people - since we tend to have peaceful rallies.

There's different ways of speaking your mind than commiting violence and damage. Except hockey. We riot worse than anyone for that(look up some Canadian hockey riots :3)

But I agree with your point for groups that would use this as propaganda. If they can't even bring enough support to their cause without resorting to sensationalism, they need to get their collective heads out their asses and be completely ignored.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Pence: “Either China will deal with this problem or the United States and its allies will. We want to see change. We want to see North Korea abandon its reckless path.”

I wonder how unstable Kim-chan is and how it will end.
One way or another, looks interesting :D

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The British Prime Minister has today announced a surprise General Election, Labour and Liberal Democrat leaders amongst other opposition/conservative factions are pleased to have another opportunity to reach out to the populace.

SNP leader Nicholas Sturgeon has claimed it is a 'act of opportunism to better a narrow-minded party'. Of course, one can say she's something of a hypocrite given she chose the very same day Britain was enacting Article 50 to declare she was initiating the process to seek a Scottish Referendum while doing an excellent job of igoring how, under her leadership, Scotland now has a greater GPD Deficit/debt than Spain, which was called a 'financial basket-case' not long ago.

Forgive the dragon for bias but... ehhh, and if I'm wrong, do correct me.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Yay, four more years of the Cons because the main opposition parties are in a complete shambles and the election system rules out any third parties from achieving anything major.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

News!

From a slightly less reputable source, still amused me enough to share it

Cappy

Reputation score

Colour me surprised

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Making your post multiple colours probably took more effort than making that newsletter about microagression crap

Cappy

Reputation score

Actually unlike other BBC articles, this one actually doesn't portray the shitty students as being morally just in the situation and presents it neutrally. But of course, just the term micro-aggression should be enough for anybody who isn't a whinging loser to realize who is full of shit in that scenario.

Maybe if the term racist hadn't been trivialized to mean basically nothing I would have been more offended over getting called racist myself earlier this month.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Microaggression is, sociologically speaking, just a term for a minor annoyance that is repeated so often and by so many that at some point you just snap.

Now, I'm not going to answer for how people use the term in activism, because there are a lot of idiots in the world, but the term in itself is not bullshit, it was created to describe a particular phenomenon for which there wasn't really a good, concise term previously.

It's debatable whether "aggression" was the right choice of words, because a lot of examples rely more on people being clueless and tactless, but that's down to semantics.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually-...
Cappy, could you please put a trigger warning atop of your point if you post such offensive criticism? Its very disrespectful to the feelings of those that suffer from micro aggressions.

Today, at work, one of my cowokers micro aggressively told me to finish my one task first before looking at the next. Then, knowing there was no safe-space within 100 metres, I was forced to.. be an adult and shrug it off.

Edit: ehmagerd, Crawdad posted too.. stop microagressioning me!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hrm, I don't look people in the eye because it makes ME uncomfortable.

These so called 'warriors of social justice' are discriminating against me!

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Where are the rogues of social justice or the mages of social justice when you need them to complete the party.

Cappy

Reputation score

A mage of social justice would never make the mistake of casting magic missile on the darkness, that would be racist after all.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also because arguably darkness counts as total concealment so the spell would fail, duh.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Depends on the system
In Pathfinder at least you can target a square rather than a person or item. Then things in the square have a chance of getting hit